Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
7174 posts

Re: Good RPG Game?

Jul 1, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

If you like games like Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Fallout NV are essentials. 

Same engine and gameplay, and same developers. 

Check them out. They are awesome. 

Same engine? LOL I find that hard to believe but I will take your word for it.

HEARTFIVEFOURTEEN.png

_____________________ - = Share the Greatness with PlayStation= - ______________________

Message 11 of 27 (216 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 1, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

Nope. Its entirely true. Fallout 3 is built up on oblivions engine, FO NV reuses the advanced FO3 engine, then Skyrim uses and advances the FO NV engine. Its entirely true. 

Look it up. :smileytongue:

Message 12 of 27 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jul 1, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

No they are not the same engine, but they are similar.  Both fallout games use the same engine as each other, but they are newer than Oblivion.  Skyrim's engine was entirely new all around.

Shikenator Trophy Card
Message 13 of 27 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Jul 1, 2013
They are the same engine just with improvements.
Message 14 of 27 (199 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 1, 2013

Thats not exactly true. 

Oblivion used Gamebryo, which then later was expanded and used in FO3 and FONV. But then, Bethesda made a fork of Gamebryo and make the skyrim engine, which is still technically the same engine as past titles, but way more advanced. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebryo#Licensing

Message 15 of 27 (199 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11120 posts

Jul 1, 2013

It's hard to answer this question with your restrictions. You're looking for an RPG that doesn't force a story on you, when even games like The Elder Scrolls series put players through the paces of a plot. The gameplay world may be open-ended, but the story remains there waiting until you're through with whatever else you're doing. It's the same thing with other types of RPGs. You can go and level a character as much as you want until you're ready to proceed with the next chapter, for instance.

In this case, I won't recommend a specific RPG type by itself. If you're looking for RPGs with vaster worlds to explore there are also games like the Borderlands series and Dead Island games that fuse plenty of weapons to collect with plenty of enemies to kill and story points to avoid, or lack thereof. Truly, the stories in these games are relatively shallow.

For stories wading in the deeper end of the RPG pool, you can also check out games such as Tales of Graces f, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White WItch, Eternal Sonata, and Star Ocean: The Last Hope International. While there's plenty of story to indulge in, you definitely can take your time with crafting items, or fighting enemies, or completing mini-games until you're ready to step up for some more story time. Beware though: the plots in these assorted games will be hard to let go.

Message 16 of 27 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jul 1, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

Thats not exactly true. 

Oblivion used Gamebryo, which then later was expanded and used in FO3 and FONV. But then, Bethesda made a fork of Gamebryo and make the skyrim engine, which is still technically the same engine as past titles, but way more advanced. 

Incorrect. Skyrim uses the Creation Engine, a brand new engine created for Skyrim. It is NOT simply a more advanced Gamebryo.

Also, Bethesda developed the TES games and FO3, but was NOT the developer for FONV, just the publisher.

Message 17 of 27 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jul 1, 2013
I appreciate all the feedback everyone. I just beat Skyrim recently and that game was really amazing, just has me mega pumped for The Elder Scrolls online. I thought Fallout 3 was or of the best games I've ever played but I couldn't get into New Vegas but I can always try again.

For the PS3 I bought Eternal Sonata for my lady but I think it's not bad. Borderlands ain't that bad a game I enjoy shooter RPGs like the Fallout series but I'm into that whole magical rennisonce (I know I prob spelled that wrong) scene I just always found that amazing. I thought Diablo was sick, although this 3rd one isn't anything compared to the 2nd in my opinion but maybe I just hate the repetitiveness.

I really appreciate everyone's input and thanks for a good list of games.
 photo MastershakeSig_zpsf70b018d.jpg
Deuces Xbox 360 (6/23/13)
Reformed Xbox Member
So what if my sig ain't pretty, I think it's dope!
Message 18 of 27 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jul 1, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

Thats not exactly true. 

Incorrect. Skyrim uses the Creation Engine, a brand new engine created for Skyrim. It is NOT simply a more advanced Gamebryo.

Also, Bethesda developed the TES games and FO3, but was NOT the developer for FONV, just the publisher.

Again, incorrect: http://peter.corrosivetruths.org/2011/12/21/is-skyrims-creation-just-gamebryo/

Message 19 of 27 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 1, 2013
Maybe you would like the borderlands series. Its a fps RPG cross
Message 20 of 27 (154 Views)
0 Likes