Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 12 2013
By: glasscut PlayStation MVP 1573 posts

Google Blocking Youtube sharing not Sony

4 replies 261 views Edited Sep 12, 2013

.. Seriously you guys watched the machinima video and now making it seem like its Sony that owns youtube.. Remember there is a youtube.app on your PS3.. 

Do you actually think Sony will knowningly refuse to allow video sharing to Youtube from the PS4, the answer to me would be an emphatic NO.. 

Here is the reasons why, over the years Google / Apple / Microsoft.. Especially Microsoft and Apple.. Has been getting hit with youtube restrictions for their devices..  Take this as an example - http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyclay/2013/08/16/google-blocks-microsofts-youtube-windows-phone-app-...

Even when ios 6 came out.. it took almost 3 months for Google to even make the app useable on the iPhone 5..  Maybe i know too much to be talking about this.. But seriously this is not Sony's fault.. if anybody is to blame is Google.. As from a business standpoint its an upside for Sony.. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Re: Google Blocking Youtube sharing not Sony

Sep 12, 2013

"In a statement, Google said: “We’re committed to providing users and creators with a great and consistent YouTube experience across devices, and we’ve been working with Microsoft to build a fully featured YouTube for Windows Phone app, based on HTML5. Unfortunately, Microsoft has not made the browser upgrades necessary to enable a fully-featured YouTube experience, and has instead re-released a YouTube app that violates our Terms of Service."

This is Microsoft's fault.  If a company wants to use another company's product or service, they must come to an agreement with that company, and **bleep** sure should not breach ToS.

"Even when ios 6 came out.. it took almost 3 months for Google to even make the app useable on the iPhone 5"

This does not support your argument.  Google didn't refuse to release a YouTube app for iOS; this was Apple's decision.  Apple chose to develop a YouTube app themselves.  They scarecely updated it, it lacked many features, and many videos were not viewable due to licensing issues.  When the Apple/YouTube license agreement ended, Apple chose not to renew, thereby choosing not to include a YouTube app.  After which, Google began development on a first-party YouTube app for iOS.

I see no evidence supporting your claim.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (195 Views)
Monster Hunter
25 posts

Sep 12, 2013
I do not mean to be rude, but you don't know what you're talking about, TC. I'm on my cell phone and can elaborate later, but I'm sure someone else will set you straight by then.
http://www.youtube.com/MichaelMateria -- http://www.twitch.tv/MichaelWStevens
Follow me on Twitter: @StevensMichaelW -- Aspiring writer and avid gamer
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (186 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

Sep 12, 2013

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9514 posts

Sep 13, 2013
I'm sorry but this is all speculation sooooooo.....
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (106 Views)
0 Likes