Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 11 2014
By: CHK_ZEUSisGOD_9 First Son 4 posts

HDCP on PS4 (is ruining my dreams)

[ Edited ]
24 replies 407 views Edited Mar 11, 2014

i was one of the lucky guys to buy a ps4 at launch. The ps4 is the best console I ever had. but the main concern i have is the HDCP. my dream is to upload gameplay on too youtube to give people the experience that they can enjoy. How am i suppposed to do that with HDCP?i understand that there will be a future update for it but how long? a year or two? you guys already had 2 to 3 updaates come out for stuff that no one concerns about. The people concern about the HDCP because alot of people record gameplay. To make this short make it a high concern to remove HDCp on games and let us do what we love. For all the people reading this i hope you agree to what i have to say and everyone leave comments and concerns with this. We have to make this a big matter to sony for them to be working on this!

i am on twitter @ Pure_Soldier_Gaming 

please follow me and lets make this matter a big issue

thanks 

and happy gaming 

[EDIT: Removed "Ask the Community,Games and Platforms,Other" labels. Added "Feedback and Ideas"]

Message 1 of 25 (407 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2155 posts

Re: HDCP on PS4 (is ruining my dreams)

Mar 11, 2014
Have patience. There's not much info right right now.

I don't mean this to come across in a negative tone, but why did buy a ps4 at launch if hdcp was that big of deal to you?
Message 2 of 25 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2014

This is not an issue.  My son and I have been uploading game captures from the PS4.  We use a Roxio HD PRO and a splitter.

Here is an example: Example

Message 3 of 25 (373 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 11, 2014
That's the problem shouldn't have to buy a splitter
Message 4 of 25 (362 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 11, 2014
Ps4 overall was the better console. But not making a big deal I just want sony to know. What the people want soon
Message 5 of 25 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4066 posts

Mar 11, 2014
I love that attitude, not an issue for you means its just not an issue. Ok.
Well it is an issue for some of us. The quick capture of the share button is great, but the process of uploading and redownloading the clips before I can start editing is unnecessarily cumbersome.
Servo Antidae Fossor
Message 6 of 25 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

Mar 11, 2014

Well, if its ruining his dreams, I just wanted him to know it can be done.  It can be down several ways.  You could use a capture card and a splitter, or you can upload to facebook then download and edit it. 

He can fulfill his dream of uploading gameplay!   :smileyhappy:

BTW - a splitter is like $20 (small price to pay for dreams)

Message 7 of 25 (328 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5453 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 11, 2014

CHK_ZEUSisGOD_9 wrote:

you guys already had 2 to 3 updaates come out for stuff that no one concerns about. 

This is where you lost me.  Had you been here on the forums consistently prior to the 1.6 update, you would have ruffled the feathers of a lot of headset users with that kind of talk.

Dismissing the concerns of others in no way makes your concerns more important.  That said, I hope that the HDCP control is implemented soon.  

As mentioned, the splitter workaround is available.  If you choose  not to spend $20-30 to have the usage you are looking for, then you choose to wait until the patch is released.  If it comes in three months, that's a maximum cost of $0.33 a day for the convenience of capturing your gameplay the way you want to.  I'm not saying that excuses the lack of a patch, but I am saying it's a viable option.

This issue has been addressed countless times here, and elsewhere.  Sony knowd this is a hot issue for the fans.  This thread will change nothing, and that's okay, because it's fair to assume that the HDCP control patch is on its way. If you cannot wait, spend the $30. Ths isn't about principle - it's about you wanting to capture gameplay, which you have the power and means to do.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 8 of 25 (320 Views)
Last Guardian
11849 posts

Mar 11, 2014

wow, have you research the word "BYPASS HDCP"?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 9 of 25 (275 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 12, 2014
You are all missing the point. Sure there are ways around it, sure you can purchase a splitter and play the gamble you get one that works... For a system that is defined as THE gaming system, designed primarily for users... One would assume that such a hot topic here and on other sites.... It would be addressed by Sony.
I have all my stuff from my PS3 it just doesn't do it for me on the PS4.

THE POINT!!!!
If your company claims to be built around the "gamer" some sort of statement should be made about the issue. A legitimate statement not here say from the fans. Just my opinion.
Message 10 of 25 (141 Views)
0 Likes