Highlighted
Fender Bender
2699 posts

Re: Hacked

Aug 18, 2013

D@mn, Sony needs to step up their security.  This is getting out of hand now.  Smiley Very Happy  Comic sans = the official font of sarcasm

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 21 of 25 (124 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Aug 18, 2013
I've noticed a pattern with these "I got hacked" threads, they almost always have something to do with a COD game.
Message 22 of 25 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9272 posts

Aug 18, 2013
I find this hard to believe.
Message 23 of 25 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Aug 18, 2013

docshady wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

docshady wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Lemme guess you were gamesharing and gave some random idiot online your password didn't you? lol. That's not hacking that's just stupidity of your part.

Feel better?  Still need a hug?

Now I'm going out on a limb so bare me when I lay out this crazy wild eyed scheme but has it every crossed your mind that maybe, JUST MAYBE.....somebody obtained his username/password via elicit means and used it to obtain said map packs.

Or maybe, JUST MAYBE..... he's a idiot that told someone his password.

What am I missing here?  Why is it that everytime someone gets hacked and makes a post about it, you've got a boatload of forumers lining up to troll the everyliving crap out of them?  I've not seen this sort of childish behavior anywhere else?  What is it about the playstation that makes people think that there is no other way to get a persons password then to just giving it to them?

Because they are hardcore playstation fanboys (not gamers), so if the account was hacked, sonys security is suspectible, which in turn people will run from the brand. Pretty easy to figure out. Every security is vulnerable to be hacked.

XBOX LIVE GT: olLANDSHARKlo
STEAM: olLANDSHARKlo
Message 24 of 25 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1581 posts

Aug 19, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

docshady wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

docshady wrote:

chickenbonetom wrote:

Lemme guess you were gamesharing and gave some random idiot online your password didn't you? lol. That's not hacking that's just stupidity of your part.

Feel better?  Still need a hug?

Now I'm going out on a limb so bare me when I lay out this crazy wild eyed scheme but has it every crossed your mind that maybe, JUST MAYBE.....somebody obtained his username/password via elicit means and used it to obtain said map packs.

Or maybe, JUST MAYBE..... he's a idiot that told someone his password.

What am I missing here?  Why is it that everytime someone gets hacked and makes a post about it, you've got a boatload of forumers lining up to troll the everyliving crap out of them?  I've not seen this sort of childish behavior anywhere else?  What is it about the playstation that makes people think that there is no other way to get a persons password then to just giving it to them?

I think you just don't understand the defintion of the word hacked lol. When someone gives their password and account info away it doesn't mean they got "Hacked" lol. Also like that other guy said hackers can't get info on your account in the manner the OP explained. Were not trolling the people who complained about being "hacked" even though they gave their info away we're simply telling them maybe try to not be so stupid in the future? As far as what you're "missing ", My answer for that would be a brain that can comprehend simple logic.

Actually I completely understand the term "Hacked" under the gaming definition.  I think you are the one who lacks the basic understanding and comprehension of its various meanings.  "Hacked" simply means that a username/password was obtained from a enduser without their permission.  The term is thrown around a lot on gaming forums but thats about as basic as you can get with it.

I had a Warcraft account for 7 years and I did get "Hacked" once.  I don't know how it happened, but a gold farmer got the username/password of my WOW account that was inactive for 4 months.  I did not give my password to anyone, not a friend, not a family member, not a wow employee, but some Chinese gold farmer managed to get it.

See, I like to think outside the box and look at all angles.  I do this because one day I'm gonna be in a position where I need to be believed and I don't want some idiot blaming me for whatever even he has no proof, knowledge of the situation, or a clue to begin with.  I don't go on a witch hunt until I have all of the facts.  The OP presented no information to tell us what actually happened so lets look at the possibilities:

1) he gave his info to someone for the purpose of gamesharing and got played

2) he uses a PC to access the playstation store and was taken by a keylogger

3) Maybe he had his username/password written down somewhere and tossed it, and it was picked up by someone else who knew what it was

4) Maybe he had his username/password written down in his room on a notepad and the paper copy was stolen; see crappy friend above

5) Maybe he legibly accessed his PSN account from a friends PS3 and will find out soon that he has a really crappy friend

6) Maybe you took it

and on and on and on.

See, my brain can comprehend more then simple logic, it can comprehend possibilities.  The butler doesn't always do it, there's always the maid, driver, grounds keeper and mistress around too.  Once your brain can comprehend simple logic like that, you might enlighten yourself, but not too fast, wouldn't want to hurt yourself.

doc shady signature
Message 25 of 25 (82 Views)
0 Likes