Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/26/2007
Offline
376 posts
 

Re: Hakoom hits 500 Platinums

Mar 19, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

Hakoom wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

@Hakoom: I don't know if you remember me but we got to work together during the PSChronicle Mag/project days. Anyways, since you are here answering questions & whatnot, let me ask you one. In this thread you stated that you play video games for an average of 40-55 hours a week. How do you maintain your life style?

 

Keep the trophy hunt alive. I'm doing my best with 19Pts Smiley Very Happy


yes i remember.. sad it went down i was having fun writing in it. Yeah, good times.

 

40~55 a week?

i said 40~55 a day ;p (rarely)

Given that there only are 24 hours in a day, you must let me use your time machine Smiley Very Happy

 

in a week i average around 100~150 hours this is average can go more...

 

I think that in my time [PS2 era] I've been able to only average 35-40 hours a week and this took a game like MGS, GTA, GOW, Final Fantasy to keep me hooked.

 

my lifestyle is based on playing games.. this is how i live.. when i 1st started i thought i will be elected to work at a gaming company with sony to test games so i can make them perfect.. sadly nothgin happend and sony didnt care either.. so i got stuck with hunting trophies and i just couldnt leave this job anymore.. just like drugs

 

So you found a way to monetize your passion for trophy hunting?

 


 


 

my day is when i wake up and when i sleep.. i dont use the 24h clock ;p

 

yes i get payed from youtube and some donations here and there and from m ysite adds too

 


DesolatiionAngel wrote:

i read the forum for years now and every now and then this threads would pop up someone would say the guys name and magically the guy joined the conversation lol it makes me feels bad for him anyways i am a bit glad the threads are now 9 pages long back in the day they were like 2 or 3 pages max

and to all those saying he has no life get real if you had so many you will try get the spotlight too and you would not care if you were cheating to get them or whatever


i dont magicly pop up ;p

my name pops up in google search and then i know people are speaking about me.. so why not join the party Smiley Very Happy

 

 

 

 

 

 

Message 91 of 118 (218 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 12/18/2002
Offline
18773 posts
 

Re: Hakoom hits 500 Platinums

Mar 19, 2013

Hakoom wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Hakoom wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

@Hakoom: I don't know if you remember me but we got to work together during the PSChronicle Mag/project days. Anyways, since you are here answering questions & whatnot, let me ask you one. In this thread you stated that you play video games for an average of 40-55 hours a week. How do you maintain your life style?

 

Keep the trophy hunt alive. I'm doing my best with 19Pts Smiley Very Happy


yes i remember.. sad it went down i was having fun writing in it. Yeah, good times.

 

40~55 a week?

i said 40~55 a day ;p (rarely)

Given that there only are 24 hours in a day, you must let me use your time machine Smiley Very Happy

 

in a week i average around 100~150 hours this is average can go more...

 

I think that in my time [PS2 era] I've been able to only average 35-40 hours a week and this took a game like MGS, GTA, GOW, Final Fantasy to keep me hooked.

 

my lifestyle is based on playing games.. this is how i live.. when i 1st started i thought i will be elected to work at a gaming company with sony to test games so i can make them perfect.. sadly nothgin happend and sony didnt care either.. so i got stuck with hunting trophies and i just couldnt leave this job anymore.. just like drugs

 

So you found a way to monetize your passion for trophy hunting?

 


 

my day is when i wake up and when i sleep.. i dont use the 24h clock ;p

 

yes i get payed from youtube and some donations here and there and from m ysite adds too

 


 

I see, trophy hunting is your life. It's pretty cool that you found a way to monetize it. I'm pretty sure that locally you must be well known too.

 

Technology is getting better and better & streaming your own content on the internet is becoming easier and easier. For example & to keep centered on PlayStation, the PS4 will be capable of allowing us to broadcast our game play.  I'm pretty sure you will make good use of it.

 

With that said, obviously this is based on assumption, how would you feel if with the arrival of the PS4 you've to start your trophy hunt from zero? Would you look forward to the challenge? I believe that just as Vita has its own trophy branch, the PS4 will have its own trophy branch.

 

 

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 92 of 118 (208 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/26/2007
Offline
376 posts
 

Re: Hakoom hits 500 Platinums

Mar 19, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

Hakoom wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Hakoom wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

@Hakoom: I don't know if you remember me but we got to work together during the PSChronicle Mag/project days. Anyways, since you are here answering questions & whatnot, let me ask you one. In this thread you stated that you play video games for an average of 40-55 hours a week. How do you maintain your life style?

 

Keep the trophy hunt alive. I'm doing my best with 19Pts Smiley Very Happy


yes i remember.. sad it went down i was having fun writing in it. Yeah, good times.

 

40~55 a week?

i said 40~55 a day ;p (rarely)

Given that there only are 24 hours in a day, you must let me use your time machine Smiley Very Happy

 

in a week i average around 100~150 hours this is average can go more...

 

I think that in my time [PS2 era] I've been able to only average 35-40 hours a week and this took a game like MGS, GTA, GOW, Final Fantasy to keep me hooked.

 

my lifestyle is based on playing games.. this is how i live.. when i 1st started i thought i will be elected to work at a gaming company with sony to test games so i can make them perfect.. sadly nothgin happend and sony didnt care either.. so i got stuck with hunting trophies and i just couldnt leave this job anymore.. just like drugs

 

So you found a way to monetize your passion for trophy hunting?

 


 

my day is when i wake up and when i sleep.. i dont use the 24h clock ;p

 

yes i get payed from youtube and some donations here and there and from m ysite adds too

 


 

I see, trophy hunting is your life. It's pretty cool that you found a way to monetize it. I'm pretty sure that locally you must be well known too.

 

Technology is getting better and better & streaming your own content on the internet is becoming easier and easier. For example & to keep centered on PlayStation, the PS4 will be capable of allowing us to broadcast our game play.  I'm pretty sure you will make good use of it.

 

With that said, obviously this is based on assumption, how would you feel if with the arrival of the PS4 you've to start your trophy hunt from zero? Would you look forward to the challenge? I believe that just as Vita has its own trophy branch, the PS4 will have its own trophy branch.

 

 


i doubt il start over.. vita merged with ps3 so iam sure ps4 will.. sony wil upset alot of psn users if they didnt merge and not just me

own torphy branch is fine but it merges under my name.. all earned on Hakoom

Message 93 of 118 (201 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 09/13/2007
Offline
4295 posts
 

Re: Hakoom hits 500 Platinums

Mar 19, 2013

Hakoom wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Hakoom wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Hakoom wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

@Hakoom: I don't know if you remember me but we got to work together during the PSChronicle Mag/project days. Anyways, since you are here answering questions & whatnot, let me ask you one. In this thread you stated that you play video games for an average of 40-55 hours a week. How do you maintain your life style?

 

Keep the trophy hunt alive. I'm doing my best with 19Pts Smiley Very Happy


yes i remember.. sad it went down i was having fun writing in it. Yeah, good times.

 

40~55 a week?

i said 40~55 a day ;p (rarely)

Given that there only are 24 hours in a day, you must let me use your time machine Smiley Very Happy

 

in a week i average around 100~150 hours this is average can go more...

 

I think that in my time [PS2 era] I've been able to only average 35-40 hours a week and this took a game like MGS, GTA, GOW, Final Fantasy to keep me hooked.

 

my lifestyle is based on playing games.. this is how i live.. when i 1st started i thought i will be elected to work at a gaming company with sony to test games so i can make them perfect.. sadly nothgin happend and sony didnt care either.. so i got stuck with hunting trophies and i just couldnt leave this job anymore.. just like drugs

 

So you found a way to monetize your passion for trophy hunting?

 


 

my day is when i wake up and when i sleep.. i dont use the 24h clock ;p

 

yes i get payed from youtube and some donations here and there and from m ysite adds too

 


 

I see, trophy hunting is your life. It's pretty cool that you found a way to monetize it. I'm pretty sure that locally you must be well known too.

 

Technology is getting better and better & streaming your own content on the internet is becoming easier and easier. For example & to keep centered on PlayStation, the PS4 will be capable of allowing us to broadcast our game play.  I'm pretty sure you will make good use of it.

 

With that said, obviously this is based on assumption, how would you feel if with the arrival of the PS4 you've to start your trophy hunt from zero? Would you look forward to the challenge? I believe that just as Vita has its own trophy branch, the PS4 will have its own trophy branch.

 

 


i doubt il start over.. vita merged with ps3 so iam sure ps4 will.. sony wil upset alot of psn users if they didnt merge and not just me

own torphy branch is fine but it merges under my name.. all earned on Hakoom


 

Yeah, I agree. I'm sure all our trophies will merge over onto PS4.. If not our trophies, at least our "Level."

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."


Message 94 of 118 (190 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Hakoom hits 500 Platinums

Mar 19, 2013

so you google yourself to see if people are talking about you?

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 95 of 118 (189 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/26/2007
Offline
376 posts
 

Re: Hakoom hits 500 Platinums

Mar 19, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

so you google yourself to see if people are talking about you?


yes how else would i know?

i dont visit every gaming forum lol

and the easy way is to google per 24hours

Message 96 of 118 (181 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
889 posts
 

Re: Hakoom hits 500 Platinums

Mar 19, 2013

Hakoom:

 

 Do you only play the games strictly for trophies or do you also take the time to enjoy a game's mechanics, story, characters etc?

 

Have you ever thought about being the top ranked player on an MMORPG? With your gaming style you could pull that off quite easily if the interest was there.

 photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 97 of 118 (175 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/04/2009
Online
4124 posts
 

Re: Hakoom hits 500 Platinums

Mar 19, 2013
I don't play enough games to get many trophies. I'm primarily Madden and NCAA. But I do have MANY running trophies, from where run long distances and stay fit lol. Those are physical trophies lol
Message 98 of 118 (171 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/26/2007
Offline
376 posts
 

Re: Hakoom hits 500 Platinums

Mar 19, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

Hakoom:

 

 Do you only play the games strictly for trophies or do you also take the time to enjoy a game's mechanics, story, characters etc?

 

Have you ever thought about being the top ranked player on an MMORPG? With your gaming style you could pull that off quite easily if the interest was there.


most of the time its for the trophies but if i play games like gow or uncharted or mgs  i play them for enjoyment and fun 1st then get the trophies.

 

 i was top ranked druid on world of warcraft back when lvl cap was 60

my game style and training actualy came form mmorpgs.. i was an ex mmo player and played over 5 of them was best in 3 of them atleast
sadly i had no wow videos.. but i have this video from an mmo i played.. look how i own everyone  in a pvp event 

 

Message 99 of 118 (167 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Hakoom hits 500 Platinums

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

Hakoom wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

so you google yourself to see if people are talking about you?


yes how else would i know?

i dont visit every gaming forum lol

and the easy way is to google per 24hours


I guess I was wondering why you really care? Obviously you have an unsettling amount of trophies...but in the world of gaming, that really only represents alot of free-time. Most games dont have terribly difficult PvP requirements. And PvP is where true skill is measured.

 

I'll be impressed when you get into an MLG pro-circuit.

 

I mean, I was in the top 100 players for Battlefiled 1943, but I dont go making youtube videos about it, because it doesnt matter.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 100 of 118 (87 Views)