First Son
10 posts

Re: Hardcopy over digital...which do you prefer?

Aug 2, 2014

I stoped buy games at gamestop once i got the ps4 i go all digital now since i have to accounts my main one has 5 years of plus left and i just downlod all my games therre.

Message 11 of 64 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2921 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2014

SmegHead81 wrote:

B3GV5M63 wrote:

SmegHead81 wrote:

The only reason I buy digital is if it's a **bleep** good game that's worth having forever and to share with my brother on his PS4/PS3 for basically half the cost so we only need to buy 1 copy.

you should have not said that.

What did I say? Everyone knows that anyone who uses your primary system can use the digital content you have purchased.

gamesharing is illegal. well. you won't get thrown in jail for it. but they might ban your account. if you actually open your account yourself and play with your brother. thats fine. but giving him the password to use the account is illegal i believe. unless you guys live in the same house.

Message 12 of 64 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Aug 2, 2014

Yeah he has his own account and systems. Also we do live in the same place. I don't give access to my account to anyone. Cat Happy

photo 3568320497-1.png
Message 13 of 64 (242 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1080 posts

Aug 2, 2014

I think space is not a great matter.I mean, if you have enough free space, you can download as many games as you want and then when you get new ones, you can dewlete those you don't play anymore or at least for that moment.Anyway, every game you buy or download will be yours in that account.Maybe the time you spen going to the store is better spent downloading your digital wanted game.
Of course if we talk of special editions it's different, especially with games or frnachises we love.

Message 14 of 64 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
644 posts

Aug 2, 2014

Oh good, this question again. I can paste the exact same answer every time!

When asked if I prefer physical or digital games, I'm faced with a difficult decision and must explain myself, which is why I'm extremely glad that I get to answer this question. Until very recently, I was infatuated with the idea of owning a physical game. To me, the feeling of growing an eternal gaming library on one of my shelves seemed almost magical, and as someone who enjoyed old-school gaming, downloading everything into a virtual library seemed just wrong. I never questioned this choice for a very long time, until I bought a defective copy of InFamous: Second Son at Target. When that disc didn't work, I was confronted with an ultimatum: I could either a) Take the game back the next day and purchase a new one, or b) Download the game now and return the defective one tomorrow. This forced me to evaluate the pro's and con's of physical vs. digital possession, and it pains me to admit that the only justification for a physical game I found was that "Magical" feeling. After years of owning (and losing) physical games, I caved in and switched entirely to digital, and am honestly glad I did. This way, no matter what happens with my game, I can always re-download it from the store. There's proof of purchase online, and I can trust the PS Store to handle my downloads for me, especially with Playstation Plus and automatic downloads. I can play my games across different consoles, pre-order with efficiency, and browse my games far easier than I ever could before. Recently, since, as I mentioned before, I'm on vacation, I've come to appreciate the ability to manage my downloads from my computer. Once I got the Destiny Beta, I activated it and downloaded it to my PS4 remotely from where I am now, knowing that it will be ready when I return home. In the end, it's too hard to make a logical argument for physical games in the modern day, and though I will always miss holding a new game in my hands, virtual is far more efficient.

Message 15 of 64 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3181 posts

Aug 2, 2014

I-NERV-I wrote:

Hardcopy, this way if I rage I can take it out on the disc instead of my console or controller 

And maybe throw at people when in full rage mode.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 16 of 64 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Aug 2, 2014

I'll always take the hard copy anytime possible. I prefer actually owning the things I purchase rather than just licensing them.

Message 17 of 64 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13560 posts

Aug 2, 2014

Digita copies of games are much easier to run than physical copies. It is easier to switch between games and takes up less physical space than physical copies. Yet, digitial copies rely on how much space you have left on your hard drive and could limit how much you can have at once. Not only that, but a digital copy not already downloaded could be lost if you lose access to your account. At least, with physical copies, you can always keep your games. 

Overall, I prefer physical copies more.

Message 18 of 64 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3059 posts

Aug 2, 2014

FeddeCampo wrote:

I think space is not a great matter.I mean, if you have enough free space, you can download as many games as you want and then when you get new ones, you can dewlete those you don't play anymore or at least for that moment.Anyway, every game you buy or download will be yours in that account.Maybe the time you spen going to the store is better spent downloading your digital wanted game.
Of course if we talk of special editions it's different, especially with games or frnachises we love.

Depends on download speed. I can run to the store get a game and get home and be playing it before the digital version would even be halfway done downloading.

Message 19 of 64 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1903 posts

Aug 2, 2014
Disc for me all the way. But I do wish I could install the entire disc onto the HD then forever put the disc in storage.
Message 20 of 64 (212 Views)
0 Likes