Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2234 posts

Re: Hardcopy over digital...which do you prefer?

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2014

Hard-copy.png

Message 21 of 64 (228 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1369 posts

Aug 2, 2014
2tb hdd in my ps4 an I still say hard copy 100%
PSN ID: f_dog80

thanks, Fred
Message 22 of 64 (223 Views)
Survivor
2234 posts

Aug 2, 2014

f_dog80 wrote:
2tb hdd in my ps4 an I still say hard copy 100%

Could you imagine having your hdd go out and have to re-download 2tb worth of games. That's one of the main reasons I like physical copies. I don't have to wait for it to download or re-download if something happens. It's a lot quicker getting off your **bleep** and going to the store to buy a game. For that matter you don't even have to do that since you can buy online and have it delivered.

Message 23 of 64 (219 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8556 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2014

On the PS4, disk space is irrelevent.

All games install 100% to the HDD.  Disk or digital.  Tomb Raider: DE is currently the only disc game I own, so I can only use it as an example.  It uses 17GB of my HDD.  I go to the PS Store to check the digital version.  It uses 17GB of disk space.  That is a whopping 0% space savings going physical over digital.

I pretty much prefer digital, but only because I like to use Remote Play on occassion.  Kinda sucks when I go out and leave a 3D Blu-ray in my PS4 rather than Tomb Raider, and I get the urge to play some TR while I'm down the street at Starbucks.

Message 24 of 64 (214 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Aug 2, 2014

I used to prefer hardcopy, but ever since the PS4 I love digital. It's so convinient. I'll still be getting hardcopy for games that I want the limeted editions for, like Destiny.

Message 25 of 64 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2391 posts

Aug 3, 2014

I dont have a bunch of games but I love my disk collection! Its not like anyone has to pick one over the other I have a lot of digital only games also. But when it comes to AAA I go DISK. Walking dead Zen Pinball and others I buy digital. Assassins Creed and  TLOU Disk. You can own both. With stores like Amazon.com that delivers on Launch day you dont even have to go pick them up.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
Member: Drive Club "Wheels N Motion"
Feel Free to look up the Club in game and join us.
Message 26 of 64 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1257 posts

Aug 3, 2014

I thought I'd always prefer hard copies, but I'm pretty sure that was just because that's what I was used to.  Overall, I've discovered I don't much care.

Message 27 of 64 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Aug 3, 2014

I recently decided to go all digital. This way I cant be tempted to trade them in and I dont need shelves and clutter for storing physical games. If the physical game and digital game take up the same amount of hard drive space I might as well streamline it.

Message 28 of 64 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Aug 3, 2014

Depends.

Some games I will buy as a disc - I will play it and sell it to BestBuy or GameStop. Recent example - Wolfenstein (good game, btw - and quite underrated)

Other games, I know I will be using often - then I go digital. I preordered Destiny as a download and I have BF4 digital as well.

Message 29 of 64 (179 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11598 posts

Aug 7, 2014

I prefer physical copies of video games, especially if they have large file sizes and cost more than a few dollars. I’m not very accepting of digital distribution when it comes to video games and I might not support certain video games if their developers and publishers cannot be bothered to sell me physical copies of them.

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison

Message 30 of 64 (140 Views)
0 Likes