Feb 19 2011
By: BOK75 Splicer 89 posts

Has 3.56 made PS3 less stable when on the net for everyone?

4 replies 19 views Edited Feb 19, 2011

I'm hoping they release the next patch soon.  3.56 has made my PS3 a little less reliable really after performing any kind of network functions.  I've had 3 crashes since updating  while in HOME, and two in the PS Store since the update and I never had that issue before.  ANyone else having PS3 stability issues that seem to pop-up when you're online?

Message 1 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Has 3.56 made PS3 less stable when on the net for everyone?

Feb 20, 2011

Yep! I thought it was maybe just me. Netflix is slower and times out more often, I have a lot more lag when signing in, and even when accessing people on my friend's list. My PS3 is on wireless and I have a static IP which is set with DMZ. I don't have a problem at all with my other network devices.

The Store is very slow and timing out.

This isn't all the time, but it's definitely often enough to be a problem/annoyance.

Message 2 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 20, 2011

Mine has been terribly slow since the upgrade. I can still browse the web so I know I have internet connectivity, but I haven't been able to sign in to PSN for the past couple of days - it just times out after a couple of minutes.

Message 3 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Feb 20, 2011

Aha. I just answered my own question. I installed a new DSL modem last weekend and it has a built in firewall - I had to open the ports listed per the manual and now everything back to normal...

Message 4 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
89 posts

Feb 20, 2011

The problem that I run into consistently is that if I start downloading one item in the background, pretty much anywhere and then I'm on Home and encounter a door (triggered download) everything freezes up.  I know I was in the movie theater and headed towards a double door that I thought was part of the original "Movie Theater App" download only to find out that it wasn't, it instantly started a the second download and everything locked up AGAIN forcing me to power down the the unit.  One time it was so bad I had to pull the plug.  Point is the download manager should be smarter and ask the user for some of these areas whether they want to download if they already have at  least one download in progress, or it actually should operate in a  protected memory space so that if the download manager crashed for whatever reason it wouldn't take down everything.  I really wish Sony would negotiate a treaty with Apple port all of the PS tools into a custom OS X layer the way Apple did with iOS it would be a lot more stable and they would have access to a lot more basic, but robust OS tools like real protected memory spaces.     

Message 5 of 5 (19 Views)
0 Likes