Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 12 2012
By: heziquioj First Son 1 posts

Help! Why wont the ps3 let me use my internet all of a sudden!?

3 replies 394 views Edited Mar 12, 2012

okay so pretty much i just wanted to use the internet to log on my account as usual. but for some unknown reason my ps3 won’t take my internet signal... after that i checked the internet settings at the third time i tried and even re-entered the password twice and still nothing... another thing i did was check to see if my ps3 could even get my internet signal by scanning for it... it does… it pops up as 100% strong... but the ps3 still won’t work with the internet... i checked on my labtop to see if the internet was the problem and not my ps3... so i did and my labtop got it perfectly in fact right now it’s being used on here... so from what i know it’s not the internet at all but my ps3. i also turned the ps3 off, on and waited to see if it would fix... nothing happened... i checked my internet modem(including signal) and nothing is wrong with it... i don’t know what to do... i used my ps3 to search for the SSID and it pops up... so why won’t it work?????? it makes no sense... i never did anything that would get Sony to this to me... if it is Sony... anyways please this is my first using this and am hoping it works seeing there are lots of smart people here.. and have noticed very good replies from u guys in other discussions so thanks to the guys that tried to help.... really... thanks… and thanks to all here reading

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5011 posts

Re: Help! Why wont the ps3 let me use my internet all of a sudden!?

Mar 12, 2012

you say you scanned for your internet and seen it was at 100% strentgh=-- but then did you continue on and set it up??

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (394 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 13, 2012

I am having the same problem. I've check everything already, and mine is not even connected wireless, mine is directly connected. I've checked the wi-fi and reset the router, check my computer, and laptop which I too is using right now. What is going on? is the network down again or is Sony really just like to make faulty stuff? is there an expiration for a ps3? I've had this for a little over a year now and except for that hack thing I've never had problem with it. Can someone help please!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Guys,, make sure you have properly set it up... do an internet connection Test... to make sure you are connected correctly...

when you try to log into the browser what error message does it give you ??

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (394 Views)
0 Likes