Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2795 posts

Re: Here we go again.. uuuggghh!

Jun 10, 2005

Arsenal_Max wrote:
I don't see how that is a promise... He says he speculates.,I've speculated about all the possibilites the EyeToy and headset would,have in future games and lots of ideas have never been done. So what?,If you really care that much go to school get a degree and go make the,games you want. Stop relying on other people to entertain you so much.

EXACTLY! let's look at the sentance again shall we?

Five0Four wrote:
Ken Kutaragi likes to call the PlayStation 3 by its pet name, “entertainment supercomputer”.,And in a recent interview he dropped an interesting little factoid to,go along with that claim: “in order to declare that the PS3 is a,computer, I think we’ll have preinstalled with Linux as,a bonus.” Very interesting, indeed. He goes on to speculate that eventually the PS3 will be running Minority Report-esque apps via the EyeToy, but let’s not go there just yet…
www.joystiq.com
Dejavu...
I,cant  believe this guy just cant keep his mouth shut.  Its the same,sales pitch he used 6 years ago, just using a different movie...    Im,not trying to start a flame war, but, I wish this guy would just let,the console speak for itself..

Message Edited by Five0Four on 06-09-2005 07:24 PM

I Italiced the three key words. He, Speculate & eventually.
,That is just what HE invisions the PS3 capable of doing. Will it do,that? someday but probably not during the PS3 lifetime (atleast not,unless we get a new form of Monitor/TV that let's us actually put our,hands IN the monitor which I HIGHLY doubt will come out and cost less,then $30k to start with.)

,Hell Microsoft plans to sell 1 billion Xbox 360's next generation, yet,no one get's on their ass about it, that's their PLAN FOR NEXT,GENERATION, someone at Sony says "This is what we THINK the PS3 can do",and everyone jumps on their ass for THEIR OPINION on the system that,isn't fully completed yet.
,I could come out and go "I think the 360 can have sex with my PS3 and,create the worlds greatest system!" does it mean that is what's going,to happen? Hell no. or how about
,"The 360 can launch Nuclear weapons! the PS3 can make me toast!" does,it mean it's true? Hell no (well 360 runs a modified windows platform,so that one MIGHT be true if you reverse engineer it but that's neither,here nor there).
,when there are more people at Sony (and in the computer industry),saying "Yes the PS3 is in fact capable of doing that" then I will,belive it, but when it's Ken "I don't know what the hell I am making,anymore" kutaragi saying these things and not actually trying to make a,program (or get a team together to make the program) that will do this,stuff then it doesn't matter. He can say it can launch rockets and no,one will care, Microsoft can say "We belive the 360 will do true to,life graphics" will people belive them or will they feel lied to when,no game ever comes that looks true to life?

Message Edited by Traiklin on 06-10-2005 09:15 AM

Message 11 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Jun 10, 2005

well, the reason I wrote this, is that Im sick of all the empty comparisons to other more advanced Ideas.   He did it before with the playstation 2 and that has been the topic of many flame wars...  Im sick of all of the "hype building".  in another 5-7 years when we have ps4 people arent going to remember that he SPECULATED minority report-esche user interface.  All we wil hear is "he said it would be like minority report" cause lets face it, it probably wont be like that..   IMHO I dont trust kutaragi.  It seems that nothing but lies spew from his mouth.  If not a blatent lie, then its false information meant to hype his system..   Im all for him trying to sell the ps3, but I dont respect someone trying to lead people astray with false information or unreachable goal projection.   I was going to buy a ps3 at launch, but now I dont know..  Its a string of a bad choice of words, and hardware choices that make me not want to buy the ps3.  Im a gamer so I will buy it, but Im going to wait now.. I will wait to see how developers use the hdd (if they ever do).  I currently own all 3 systems (5 if you include gba and psp), and I like them all for different reasons, but Im becoming disenchanted with sony.   As a gamer Id rather a company under promise, and over deliver.  Dont feed me a bunch of BS on what you THINK it can do, tell me what it currently can do and then blow me away when it exceeds my expectations.  BUT, instead, Kutaragi likes to do the opposite.. He hypes up a system saying all of the wonderful things he thinks it can do, and then when we get it and it cant do what he promised then that just pisses people off..   Im honestly not swollowing the hype this time..   This final interview has made me want to wait now..  I will be waiting until I see how the ps3 is developed for.   
Message 12 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Jun 10, 2005
He said EYETOY not stick your hands in the tv.. It would probably use,balls or something in your hand (like you hold them) and it detects the,motion which is very possible, and has already been done (i think).. I,completely forgot the links but the eyetoy guy managed to do it on a,ps2 i believe.. But i'm a noob with not but an opinion
Message 13 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2795 posts

Jun 10, 2005

JimbobSquich wrote:
He said EYETOY not,stick your hands in the tv.. It would probably use balls or something,in your hand (like you hold them) and it detects the motion which is,very possible, and has already been done (i think).. I completely,forgot the links but the eyetoy guy managed to do it on a ps2 i,believe.. But i'm a noob with not but an opinion

yeah something like that is possible, but he said Like in Minority Report.
,In that movie a computer Screen would show up inbetwen two bars, you,put on these gloves and I think a visor (been awhile since I last saw,it) and you would actually stick your hands into the screen and grab,onto the Icons and move them around. If it was just like balls or,something then that has been done with the PS2 Eyetoy already (with teh,Play, that gravity skateboarding game and so on).
Message 14 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6621 posts

Jun 10, 2005

Five0Four wrote:

garnett215 wrote:
Trolls are so cute

dude, grow up..  Im not trolling, Im just disgusted.  Its comments like this (year after year) that fuel all the flaming crap.  Im sick of all the hype and empty promises, thats all..  your not?

Actually, this has been going on for years...

Atari VCS "2600" (Video Computer System)

Famicon (Family Computer)

NES (Nintendo Entertainment System)

Nothing new.
Message 15 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Jun 10, 2005

Traiklin wrote:

JimbobSquich wrote:
He,said EYETOY not stick your hands in the tv.. It would probably use,balls or something in your hand (like you hold them) and it detects the,motion which is very possible, and has already been done (i think).. I,completely forgot the links but the eyetoy guy managed to do it on a,ps2 i believe.. But i'm a noob with not but an opinion

yeah something like that is possible, but he said Like in Minority Report.
,In that movie a computer Screen would show up inbetwen two bars, you,put on these gloves and I think a visor (been awhile since I last saw,it) and you would actually stick your hands into the screen and grab,onto the Icons and move them around. If it was just like balls or,something then that has been done with the PS2 Eyetoy already (with teh,Play, that gravity skateboarding game and so on).

Exactly He didn't say, it would be minority report
,Just LIKE minority report, how can you believe that it's going to,project a holographic screen and stuff.. It's next gen not, Next next,next times pi with 339 decimals gen

Message 16 of 16 (11 Views)
0 Likes