Mar 03 2014
By: B-T-R-4 Hekseville Citizen 344 posts

Hotline Miami. I Don't Get It?

[ Edited ]
12 replies 344 views Edited Mar 3, 2014

I just can't figure it out. (the story) Does anyone know what the game is really? HOW DOES IT ALL MAKE SENSE!!!!!!! 

I'd like to know.......

Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Google+ Facebook Twitter
This is one of the best videos ever, watch it
"I've got the disguise and my pants are on backwards. Nobody will notice I graduated over a decade ago" - Player, "Retro city rampage."
Message 1 of 13 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Re: Hotline miami. I dont get it?

Mar 3, 2014

so yeah plz tell me.

Google+ Facebook Twitter
"I've got the disguise and my pants are on backwards. Nobody will notice I graduated over a decade ago" - Player, "Retro city rampage."
Message 2 of 13 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11776 posts

Re: Hotline Miami. I Don't Get It?

Mar 3, 2014

Hotline Miami is kind of a nonsensical story from the outset, but it does make more sense if you play through the game to the end. Your questions will be answered later on in a certain light. You'll find out things that you won't realize until the very end.

Message 3 of 13 (329 Views)
Sackboy
430 posts

Mar 3, 2014

I really liked the game, but yeah, I didn't really "get it" either.

TxK is the game I don't really "get" right now...

Message 4 of 13 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Mar 3, 2014
You need to also find the letter in every level, which allows you to figure out the password on the computer at the end. Once you do that, you get a lengthy extended ending that sheds light on quite a bit.
Message 5 of 13 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2014

If you want a real explination, you need to grab all the collectable letters (one in each level I think), then use them to solve the puzzle, which unlocks the secret ending.

***Edit***

Looks like johngie beat me to it. Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 13 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Mar 4, 2014

ALARM-cIock wrote:

If you want a real explination, you need to grab all the collectable letters (one in each level I think), then use them to solve the puzzle, which unlocks the secret ending.

***Edit***

Guys I did that got all the stuff. Still don't get it. Anyone have an easy explanation for it?

Google+ Facebook Twitter
Message 7 of 13 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Mar 4, 2014

B-T-R-4 wrote:

ALARM-cIock wrote:

***Edit***

Guys I did that got all the stuff. Still don't get it. Anyone have an easy explanation for it?

As far as I remember:

Spoiler
The main story is equal parts social experiment and urban terrorism. In the alternate Miami the game takes place in, Russia is either in control of the city or wields heavy heavy influence. The murders you commit as the main character and the biker are social experiments arranged by a group of American "patriots" against the Russians, who wish to rid the city/country of the Russians

I think they mention that they plan to implement the manipulation of other individuals to attack the Russians on a country-wide scale, hinting at Hotline Miami 2.

Lastly, the scenes where you're in the grimy room with the three masked people are supposedly hallucintaions that take place whilst in the hospital.

Message 8 of 13 (252 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Mar 4, 2014

I tried this at first. I tried to take Hotline Miami seriously and couldn't understand what in the world people saw in it. Then I picked it up again and just played it just because... Then it made sense. The magic of it is the simple fun madness of it. Dont try to get it... get it? 

Message 9 of 13 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3550 posts

Mar 4, 2014
Drop it like its hot.
guitar guru 2012
Message 10 of 13 (227 Views)
0 Likes