Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Re: Hotline Miami. I Don't Get It?

Mar 4, 2014

johngie wrote:

B-T-R-4 wrote:

ALARM-cIock wrote:

If you want a real explination, you need to grab all the collectable letters (one in each level I think), then use them to solve the puzzle, which unlocks the secret ending.

***Edit***

Looks like johngie beat me to it. :smileytongue:

Guys I did that got all the stuff. Still don't get it. Anyone have an easy explanation for it?

As far as I remember:

Spoiler
The main story is equal parts social experiment and urban terrorism. In the alternate Miami the game takes place in, Russia is either in control of the city or wields heavy heavy influence. The murders you commit as the main character and the biker are social experiments arranged by a group of American "patriots" against the Russians, who wish to rid the city/country of the Russians

I think they mention that they plan to implement the manipulation of other individuals to attack the Russians on a country-wide scale, hinting at Hotline Miami 2.

Lastly, the scenes where you're in the grimy room with the three masked people are supposedly hallucintaions that take place whilst in the hospital.

Soo what about the part wer you kill the biker and then later the biker kills you?

Google+ Facebook Twitter
This is one of the best videos ever, watch it
"I've got the disguise and my pants are on backwards. Nobody will notice I graduated over a decade ago" - Player, "Retro city rampage."
Message 11 of 13 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2014

B-T-R-4 wrote:

johngie wrote:

B-T-R-4 wrote:

ALARM-cIock wrote:

If you want a real explanation, you need to grab all the collectible letters (one in each level I think), then use them to solve the puzzle, which unlocks the secret ending.

***Edit***

Guys I did that got all the stuff. Still don't get it. Anyone have an easy explanation for it?

As far as I remember:

Spoiler
The main story is equal parts social experiment and urban terrorism. In the alternate Miami the game takes place in, Russia is either in control of the city or wields heavy heavy influence. The murders you commit as the main character and the biker are social experiments arranged by a group of American "patriots" against the Russians, who wish to rid the city/country of the Russians

I think they mention that they plan to implement the manipulation of other individuals to attack the Russians on a country-wide scale, hinting at Hotline Miami 2.

Lastly, the scenes where you're in the grimy room with the three masked people are supposedly hallucinations that take place whilst in the hospital.

Soo what about the part wer you kill the biker and then later the biker kills you?

Everything that happens to Jacket after after he 'kills' Biker is a near death hallucination. He never actually killed Biker, that's why he collapses to his knees and his head explodes in the hospital, in reality his head was bashed in by Biker at the phone company office. Also, every mission that Jacket goes on after that point gets more and more insane with hallucinations.

Basically, Biker's side of the story is what actually happened, and Jacket was just completely insanearguably from the beginning of the game.

Message 12 of 13 (147 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Mar 4, 2014

ALARM-cIock wrote:

B-T-R-4 wrote:

johngie wrote:

B-T-R-4 wrote:

ALARM-cIock wrote:

If you want a real explanation, you need to grab all the collectible letters (one in each level I think), then use them to solve the puzzle, which unlocks the secret ending.

***Edit***

As far as I remember:

Spoiler

Lastly, the scenes where you're in the grimy room with the three masked people are supposedly hallucinations that take place whilst in the hospital.

Everything that happens to Jacket after after he 'kills' Biker is a near death hallucination. He never actually killed Biker, that's why he collapses to his knees and his head explodes in the hospital, in reality his head was bashed in by Biker at the phone company office. Also, every mission that Jacket goes on after that point gets more and more insane with hallucinations.

Basically, Biker's side of the story is what actually happened, and Jacket was just completely insanearguably from the beginning of the game.

Oh ok I sort of thought that but I was not sore. Thanks.

Google+ Facebook Twitter
This is one of the best videos ever, watch it
"I've got the disguise and my pants are on backwards. Nobody will notice I graduated over a decade ago" - Player, "Retro city rampage."
Message 13 of 13 (121 Views)
0 Likes