Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 25 2007
By: cmnova04 First Son 2 posts

How Do I Create Sub-Accounts?

21 replies 28976 views Edited Mar 25, 2007
I'm the master account holder and I cannot for the life of me figure this out!!!

Sorry I also cannot find a search feature on these boards to try to research this issue on my own.

Please help
Message 1 of 22 (28,976 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
26612 posts

Re: How Do I Create Sub-Accounts?

Mar 25, 2007

cmnova04 wrote:
I'm the master account holder and I cannot for the life of me figure this out!!!

Sorry I also cannot find a search feature on these boards to try to research this issue on my own.

Please help

To create a sub account you must log in as a different user from when you logged in to create the master account. To create a new user scroll all the way to the left on the XMB over to "Users" and create one from there. You must also be signed into the new user to create a sub account.

Part One:

1. Select Sign Up for PLAYSTATION®Network under Friends (far right) in the XMB.
  2. Select, "Yes, I want to create a new account."
  3. Enter your country of residence, language, and date of birth.
  4. Enter the sign-in ID and password for the master account that will be associated with the new sub account and press Continue.
  5. Enter the sign-in ID, password, security question, and the answer to the security question and then press Continue. You can also choose whether you'd like the password to be remembered on sign-in. Be sure to write down your sign-in ID, password, and the security question and answer just in case you need to reference back to it later on.
Part Two:
  1. Create an online ID that will be publically displayed in all games and then select Continue. Please think ahead and choose something you will like down the road because the online ID cannot be changed once entered.
  2. Enter your first name and last name. You can also enter your gender here, but that is optional. After you are finished press Continue.
  3. Enter your residential address. This includes your street address, city, state, and postal code, then press Continue.
  4. A screen should be displayed where you can recieve notifications from SCE and its partners. Please select the box/es if you are interested in recieving information from any of them. This step is optional and can be skipped.
  5. Another screen should appear with the information you have entered in the previous steps. Please review this information and when satisfied, select Confirm and a message should appear congratulating you on successfully creating a PLAYSTATION®Network account.
  6. Select an avatar that will be displayed beside your handle when on the PLAYSTATION®Network. There are multiple pages of avatars and you can keep the default avatar if you'd like. At this time you can't use your own image as an avatar.
  7. After this you should be able to log onto the PLAYSTATION®Network and enjoy all of the features!
Message 2 of 22 (28,976 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19646 posts

Mar 25, 2007

cmnova04 wrote:

Please help

Welcome to the Forums,

First you have to make a new User. Log into your main account and scroll all the way to the left to "Users". Make a new user and then log in to the new user. After that go make a new PSN name and select "Sub-Account".  For feature refrence you can always check out the online manual, here.

The search feature is located towards the bottom left of the screen.

I was beat.

Message Edited by *(SONY4LIFE)* on 03-25-2007 02:43 PM
[HOONIGAN]
Message 3 of 22 (28,976 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Mar 26, 2007
you cant talk on a sub acount friends. i think if im wrong.
http://www.emailmeform.com/fid.php?formid=449818

Sending invites.. Sending them fast. There free.
Message 4 of 22 (28,976 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2176 posts

Apr 17, 2008
So what happens to all of your game save and money in your wallet? You lose it all for transfering to a sub account?

And, Sony really need to sort out the account management interface in the PS3, we should not have to come on the web via PC to try and figure out how this mess works.
Message 5 of 22 (28,976 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Aug 18, 2008
So it doesn't matter if it is a new master account or a sub account, every user must have a unique email address?  Unless I am missing something (which is quite possible), that is how it appears.  I want to create a SUB account (i.e.  an account  that uses my current email address).  I am unable to do this.  I have created a "sub" account using my master account.  I am then presented with a screen asking for the sign in ID of the user.  I go to enter the master account email for this "sub" account and find I cannot use it.  It would appear that I must have a seperate email address.  Again, this makes no sense to me.  My children do not have their "own" email addresses.  Is there any particular reason I must create a new email address in order for my children to play online when I have just said it is okay to log in using my information?  This is not a true "sub" account to me.  Is there a work around?
Message 6 of 22 (28,976 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
734 posts

Aug 18, 2008
yes a sub account is so parents can control their kids account

Message 7 of 22 (28,976 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
589 posts

May 29, 2010

This question has still not been answered. I want to use the SAME email address as my main account, and have there be a sub account. I want to be able to have multiple Uncharted 2 accounts/characters, is this so much to ask? Why would I have to have a separate email for each of them? So how do I add sub-accounts, again, not an entirely new account from scratch, but a SUB account.

Message 8 of 22 (28,976 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3210 posts

May 29, 2010

SilentBob420BMFJ wrote:

This question has still not been answered. I want to use the SAME email address as my main account, and have there be a sub account. I want to be able to have multiple Uncharted 2 accounts/characters, is this so much to ask? Why would I have to have a separate email for each of them? So how do I add sub-accounts, again, not an entirely new account from scratch, but a SUB account.

As long as you have a master acount on your system, all you have to do is create a new user profile, then use the link under PlayStation Network to sign up for an a new account.  As you progress through the account creation process you will be asked if you want to make it a master or a subaccount.

As far as the same email address for multiple accounts, I suppose it could be useful but don't hold your breath on it changing.  Just go to yahoo.com or gmail.com and create a free email address.  It will take five minutes.

Message 9 of 22 (28,976 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
589 posts

Jun 3, 2010

What are the differences between sub and main? I would like my sub account to keep the same settings I have for my main account. You know, like the vast amount of XMB stuff.

Message 10 of 22 (28,976 Views)
0 Likes