May 6, 2014
I think your right Get out but I hope not
Message 41 of 80 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: How MAG Could Work on PS4 as a Free-to-Play Definitive Edition Port

May 7, 2014

OH man that would be so cool to see happen.I played Mag for just over 300 hours before changing up for a few months, then the news that Zipper closed ,and the heartbreak that the MAG servers were coming down, to see a reincarnation of MAG would just bee awesome. AsI read most of the replys, it's very clear that there is huge support for this movement, and to agree with all of those that want a F2P next gen MAG, Sony would be crazy for not trying to persue something like it, even without Zipper runng lead, and from what i heard, many of the Zipper Dev team members went to work for Bungie for the realese of Destiny, but i digress, the F2P version cannot be run like DUST514, pay to win that just sucks, I really miss "Squad work" even with people you don't normaly group with, so tired of the lack of teamwork on BF and CoD, really miss redline spawn, and 256 vs. With the power of the PS4 hardware it should be fairly easy to do. thanks for reading my verbal hicup 

Message 42 of 80 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12798 posts

May 7, 2014

I would totally like to see it happend.

but Microtransaction...if we take a look at Blacklight: Retribution's transaction is good. since you can rent weapons and stuffs and also buy with points you earn. 

It can work if Sony or any team borrow that tactic

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 43 of 80 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12798 posts

Re: I HAVE A DREAM [Another MAG on PS4 thread]

May 7, 2014

JaZZa01 wrote:
I SUPPORT THIS DREAM.

Someone should fake terminal illness then get the Make A Wish foundation to make MAG 2/port MAG.

semi-srs

Kickstarter is a better choice

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 44 of 80 (172 Views)
Fender Bender
2610 posts

May 7, 2014
MAG should have been Free To Play on PS3 from the very beginning a game as ambitious like that was never going to catch on being exclusive & Only.

Sony really just screwed Zipper over royally last gen with how they mismanaged all their IP's.

Message 45 of 80 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3071 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2014

U_needa_MEDIC23 wrote:
I'd just hope if we ever did get a mag 2 that they wouldn't make it pay to win. Such as dust no paying money to have better guns, armor, or life. I could dig a xp booster like a extra happy hour but it couldn't steal mvp away if your booster gave you points. They should keep it mag style you know like having a redline instead of random spawn. I had a idea the other day that if you healed yourself at the exact time of death you could be rezed up, it would help when you are a random with no back up fighting 10 plus people and it would encourage people to level the medkit up all the way. Besides that I would hope they wouldn't mess with the medkit I liked healing people killed by a granade in .5 seconds.

Regular Happy Hour XP did count towards MVP, right? I agree that a paid XP booster shouldn't count though. I don't think the ability to revive yourself would work well.

Some more ideas for this, what do you guys think?

1. Earn more loadouts through Veteran mode. 1 loadout per vet, for a maximum total of 10-20 loadouts? Could also have the option to pay for it.
1a. Alternatively, 1 loadout per every 2 Vets to a different PMC. Vetting to the same PMC will require double the amount to earn 1 loadout.

1b. 1 loadout per tour through each PMC. Vetting to the same PMC will require double the amount to earn 1 loadout.

2. Freelance Mode. Once you've toured through each PMC a certain number of times, you're allowed to enter Freelance Mode. This mode would allow you to enter the queue and be placed in any battle, regardless of which PMCs are fighting.

2a. In Freelance Mode, you can use any PMC's weapon and/or armor.

2b. Have separate sets of loadouts for each PMC.

Bring MAG to PS4!
Message 46 of 80 (157 Views)
Sackboy
505 posts

May 7, 2014

U_needa_MEDIC23 wrote:
I think your right Get out but I hope not

I know I am right. Sony is too cheap to pay for servers.

Message 47 of 80 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2014

If MAG does arrive on PS4, I'd definitely spend more time with it than I did on PS3. :smileyhappy:

Message 48 of 80 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
505 posts

May 11, 2014

Alluboy_ wrote:

If MAG does arrive on PS4, I'd definitely spend more time with it than I did on PS3. :smileyhappy:

Sony would rather have people play indie and single player games.

Message 49 of 80 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10850 posts

May 11, 2014

GET_OUT_OF_SVER wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

Sony would rather have people play indie and single player games.

Dude the server were shut down. Get over it!

Message 50 of 80 (93 Views)
0 Likes