I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Re: How do people hack your psn account

Dec 1, 2012

ATOM0MOTA wrote:
ok so i did my own research on it and found what ai figured, a half **bleep** answer..
the problem is that someone thinking that they were smart, used that code they bought and wrote that message trying to get it to chain to everybody they know and send it to his/her friends like a chain letter. That code was already used so you cannot collect the $50 PSN.
My dear fellow yahoo answers person, you have been trolled!
Source(s):
It's chain mail it never works. And I get those all the time.

i understand its chain mail and spam but whats the point? really what do they get out of it is what im asking so b4 u go and tell me the obvious, that's my question is why do they bother lol? that's why i put it under a hacking topic so it doesn't get over looked as just spam.. but maybe it is and this was all just a waste of time

They gain nothing by it, people are **bleep**.

Message 61 of 138 (1,307 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 3, 2013

hi bro my psn account is hacked and i cant sing in its says psn network timed out i know i have ben hacked and i also know who did this its thelightmodz please help me

Message 62 of 138 (1,245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8267 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2013

AfGhAn_MoDz wrote:

hi bro my psn account is hacked and i cant sing in its says psn network timed out i know i have ben hacked and i also know who did this its thelightmodz please help me

Call Customer service and see if they can help you restore your brothers account.

You will need the bar code on the back of the PS3 to confirm it is actually your account.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

PS welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 138 (1,235 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40093 posts

Jan 3, 2013

AfGhAn_MoDz wrote:

This is where I think my post disappeared from!

(Posting this to keep a track of the warning, sorry to be off-topic)

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 64 of 138 (1,230 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Im a hacker you can report me haha
Message 65 of 138 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jan 24, 2013
You want a cookie ? If so what kind?
Message 66 of 138 (1,159 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40093 posts

Jan 24, 2013

mafiaperson12345 wrote:
Im a hacker you can report me haha

Great first post!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 67 of 138 (1,156 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Jan 24, 2013
That was directed to you mafiakid
Message 68 of 138 (1,151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 10, 2013

well, today in black ops 2, during a game session, this guy calls me out and starts calling me by my real name, starts telling me happy biryhday which has just passed, and asks if i wanted him to send the gift to.... and he says my address, then he starts calling out all my phone numbers. credit cards and everything...... umm. i asked how he has all this info and he said i had a "hole" in my router ad he obtained my ip address.... umm. idk what that means, but, im pretty sure that means hacked...

Message 69 of 138 (994 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013
The Internet is a dangerous place, and that person has a PC tracking the ip addresses that his ps3 is connecting to. Through that, they will start with a ping test to see if they're able to get a response. After the ping test they will try to do a remote connect to your external IP address (what you get from your ISP). If the remote connect is a success, they can obtain any information they want that is passing through that IP address (your psn credentials), then all they have to do is log onto psn through either their computer a vita/psp or another ps3 and they can pull up all of your information. Once the person is connected to psn, they can obtain your information by tracking the data that comes into their computer and decrypt any encrypted information (credit card). Your best options at this point are to:
call your bank/credit card company and inform them that your card number has been compromised
call the credit bureaus and inform them of identity theft
report the person to Sony
change your passwords on everything

EDIT: This is why I don't play the super popular franchises (GTA, CoD, etc.) at all, let alone online. The less popular genres such as fighting games tend to have a lot fewer hackers out there and there are only ever 2 - 4 players in a game, and since they have to put up the ruse that they're playing the game, and not hacking they'll be to busy to do it on their own. They'll need someone else there with them to do the background work and data extraction. Classic 2D fighters tend to be really good for this type of avoidance since they only have about 120 - 297 seconds max to get all of this done. Shooting games have you connected to everybody else for far to long and only make hacking all that much easier. Fighting games are usually easier to tell if someone is trying to hack you based on how long it takes them to choose a character and confirm that they're ready. If someone takes to long (longer than 10 or 15 seconds) I leave the room or quit the game.
My PSN
Message 70 of 138 (977 Views)
0 Likes