First Son
1 posts

Over 5 or 6 of my PSN accs got hacked

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
I was playing a game then somebody sent a friend request. I switched to Tekken Revolution & then my acc sign off. I had atleast 5 or 6 accs & all got hacked by a friend request that I accepted. The hacker said he lived in New Orleans. If any sony employees can access AnimeFreak-FMA (HACKED). then if anyone else can. please find a online ID in the friend list because the hacker is in there. It was ********** Find it, Report it, I want my accs back Smiley Sad

Edit: username removed for blacklisting

Message 81 of 138 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: How do people hack your psn account

Jun 19, 2013
Lol. What's this crap about individual account hacking. Sorry guys but no one was ever compromised while on PSN (don't think of bringing up the PSN shut down from a while ago because they said your information MIGHT be in danger and it wasn't because of a single person it was because if the security firm they used). The only reason anyone should even comment on this feed is if your account is missing Huge amounts of money and I mean your bank account not your PSN because the credits on there can only be spent on there and "hackers" have no interest in that. BTW MileHigh your system must be chalk full of dust if you NEVER turned it off because to EFFECTIVELY clean a PS3 it has to be off. And if you system is dusty that'll cause a hard reset easily.
Message 82 of 138 (1,182 Views)
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Jun 19, 2013

theres so many people here that don't even know what hacking even is...

your account was not hacked,stop gamesharing and you wouldn't have these issues..pure and simple.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 83 of 138 (1,175 Views)
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jun 19, 2013

kythunder wrote:

theres so many people here that don't even know what hacking even is...

your account was not hacked,stop gamesharing and you wouldn't have these issues..pure and simple.

Truer words have yet to be spoken.  Generally speaking, the people on these forums who state their account was "hacked" fall into a few categories:

1):  Young gamers who have heard the word "hacking" online and think that anytime a software crash happens, or someone is abusing game glitches in an online game, or a glitch happens on their system that it must be because they were "hacked".

2):  Young gamers who gave away their e-mail/password to some random person they met online in the hopes that they could get stuff without ever having to pay for it.  Said random person then changes their account's e-mail/password, thus preventing the original user from ever logging in again.  The user then runs to this board posting that they've been "hacked', when in reality, they just gave away their private informaiton.

3):  Gamers of any age who signed up to some subscription service on a whim and forgot about it.  Yet, they never removed the auto-renewal option from that service and claim that they were hacked when the auto-renewal kicks in and they are charged.

4):  Gamers of any age who store their sign-in information, and credit card information, on their PS3.  Somebody else then uses their system with/without their knowledge and is able to go online and buy whatever they want since their account information was saved on the PS3.  They then come in here claiming they were hacked.

5):  Gamers who use the same password on everything their username is tied to, and let somebody else know their password to a completely different system, and that "somebody" then tries out that password on their PSN Account and finds that it works.

6):  Gamers who are banned for inappropriate activities while on the PSN and then claim that they did nothing wrong and that their account was hacked by someone who got them banned.

In just about every case, the person who comes here claiming they were "hacked" never tells the entire truth.  Mostly because they know they did something against the TOS and don't want to admit to that.  Basically, it's akin to someone giving money to a drug dealer in the attempt to purchase drugs.  When they don't get anything, they complain that they were robbed by a random person and don't admit that they were trying to purchase a controlled substance since they know that will get them in trouble.

On a side note, you can typically tell the age of the person who is making these posts based upon their typing walls of text, using "l337 Sp33k" instead of actual words, and stating everything as fact.  In addition, they will likey respond to every reply in an attacking/defensive manner and personally attack any user who calls them out for what they really did.  In addition, they wil go and use vocabulary that they would never use in their every day life in order to try and seem like they are far more intelligent than they really are.  In reality, it just makes them look even more foolish and lacking in intelligence.  One may also see them start their posts by making false claims such as "I've got a masters degree in computer engineering", or "I've been a computer programmer for 15 years so I know how it works" which is typically followed by a series of statements completely contradicting their claims of advanced knowledge.  Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy

Message 84 of 138 (1,166 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 20, 2013

They have to be on your friends list 

Message 85 of 138 (1,087 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jun 20, 2013

KdBoy8 wrote:

They have to be on your friends list 

No they don't. Don't believe me? PM me your account info (e-mail and password) and we'll see if I can "hack" you or not.

Message 86 of 138 (1,078 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Well first off I'd like to say SOME of these responses were true and others werent..apparently.but what brought me here in particular was a accident that occurred last night.I was in a chat room,not knowing one person there was a hacker until later on.He turned his camera on & all you see is wires everywhere & 2 ps3's.One jailbroken.He messaged me & was like u got fb?I'm like noo....Then he's like ok.....who lives in g.a? (Wich was me Smiley Surprised )I'm like not me.He's calling out where everybody lives and ip addressess.Then i realized..He was just trying to get me to message him back so he can get mt info(DUHHHH) He's like ok & starts doing sumthing to my ps3..idk wat cause he was just talking crazy about all this other stuff.pulling up my history from other stuff like wshh.so i knew it was time to go! I left..got on mw3 & LAGGGG! Itried to send my friend a message about me geting hackd & It's like someone kept pressing backspace & blank messages were being sent.furthermore i deleted EVERYTHING,bloced alot of hackers.

Message 87 of 138 (1,064 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jun 21, 2013

This is one of the biggest reasons i avoid having people i dont personally know on my friends list. IP hacks with jailbroken consoles can capture packets from your connection and obtain your password and stuff. Its possible.

Message 88 of 138 (1,060 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Why are we bringing up 2 year old threads? Let it die.

Furthermore, if someone has your IP address, there's very little they can do with it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 89 of 138 (1,055 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Anyone with the actual skill needed to truly "hack" your account is busy doing much more nefarious things..in 99% of cases it's someone sharing their account...or logged into PSN on a keylogger infected PC.

P.S whomever suggested WEP earlier...are you joking? WEP can be brute forced in hours...if your not using at least WPA2 1990 called it wants it;s security back.  Also try to avoid routers with WPS (wifi protected setup) they have a critical security vulnerability that allow them to be hacked fairly easily(to which i will not detail though i am sure some of you know to what i refer) take basic precautions don;t share your account..and your fine.

PlayStation 4
i5/GTX1060 6GB/16GB Ram PC
Two Vita Slims
Xbox One S
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 90 of 138 (1,052 Views)