Jun 09 2005
By: Maurdib Fender Bender 4707 posts

How many people care if the PS3 come with a hard drive?

75 replies 20 views Edited Jun 9, 2005
I did but only for two reasons, Patches and DLC. I know that Forza has some issues and patches have already been released, but GT4 problems can't be fixed. I was hoping the PS3 would allow some of these features
Message 1 of 76 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Re: How many people care if the PS3 come with a hard drive?

Jun 9, 2005

,Loving Live wrote:
I did but only for two reasons, Patches and DLC. I know that Forza has some issues and patches have already been released, but GT4 problems can't be fixed. I was hoping the PS3 would allow some of these features

I care but sony seems to like to take extra money all the time for add ons,  so i'll probably skip a ps3 purchase and get the 360.,
Message 2 of 76 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4707 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,PS2NATION wrote:

,Loving Live wrote:

I care but sony seems to like to take extra money all the time for add ons,  so i'll probably skip a ps3 purchase and get the 360. ,

I'm not going to skip the system but its is alwasy a confort to know that if something is wrong a developer can release a patch to fix it.,
Message 3 of 76 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Jun 9, 2005
I could careless really, there will be other storage options and its not like the hard drive will be insanley priced like a $100+.  Somthing like this won't keep me from buying a console.

Message 4 of 76 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5795 posts

Jun 9, 2005

Loving Live wrote:

I could really care less I can afford to buy it either way.
If I need the HD I will buy it. No big deal.

What problems with GT4?
I have it and haven't seen any problems or the need for patches.
I play it at 1080i and I am 57% of the way done.
Message 5 of 76 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4707 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,garnett215 wrote:
I could careless really, there will be other storage options and its not like the hard drive will be insanley priced like a $100+.  Somthing like this won't keep me from buying a console.

What you have to understand is the price of the hard drives is irelevant. When the system doesn't come with it the developers don't support it. Mean once again PS3 will have slower loading times. XBOX has a 10gig HD in it now. You know how dirt cheap a 10 gig HD is? Even a 20 gig,
Message 6 of 76 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4707 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,Adirondack1 wrote:

,Loving Live wrote:

I could really care less I can afford to buy it either way.
If I need the HD I will buy it. No big deal.

What problems with GT4?
I have it and haven't seen any problems or the need for patches.
I play it at 1080i and I am 57% of the way done.

The shaky screen issue. If PS2 had a hard drive the issue would have been patch in days,
Message 7 of 76 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Jun 9, 2005
I would like the PS3 to come with a HDD. But at the end of the day I'm going to buy the PS3 because of its great games.

Message Edited by The Big Hurt on 06-09-2005 01:37 PM

Message 8 of 76 (20 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,Loving Live wrote:

,garnett215 wrote:

What you have to understand is the price of the hard drives is irelevant. When the system doesn't come with it the developers don't support it. Mean once again PS3 will have slower loading times. XBOX has a 10gig HD in it now. You know how dirt cheap a 10 gig HD is? Even a 20 gig ,

Exactly.

Message 9 of 76 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12042 posts

Jun 9, 2005

PS2NATION wrote:

Loving Live wrote:
I,did but only for two reasons, Patches and DLC. I know that Forza has,some issues and patches have already been released, but GT4 problems,can't be fixed. I was hoping the PS3 would allow some of these features

I,care but sony seems to like to take extra money all the time for add,ons,  so i'll probably skip a ps3 purchase and get the 360.

Consider,this. Take the whole system with all its technology and keep the hdd in,it. Do you seriously think that they could offer it a competitive or,reasonable price? Personally Id love to see the hdd equiped but,realistically aside from patches for online play, content downloads,,custom soundtracks the Industry really ustilize the hdd or is really,ready for one anyway. Now I know you can say well you can save games on,it to. Still need a memory card though. Now 360 has removable hdd wich,you can take with you but question not only transport but size, wieght,and the protection it will have while transporting it etc. But,sometimes its not about making extra money. Sometimes its about being,able to offer a great console at a competitive and reasonable price to,all consumers. Now granted peripherals are the way to make thier money,back on consoles but in this case I really dont feel the hdd could be,included for a fair price. And as long as PS3 periphrals dont jump in,price to what MS charges for its peripherals then Im all for spending,another $50-100 bucks for an hdd if there is enough ways to use it. But,wether or not there is an hdd is no reason not get one console and to,get another. Especially when the use of the hdd is limited in the,industry. Hdd or not Im in it for the games and coming from Sony you,know the PS3 is going to have an abundance of games and if MS follows,its xbox software lineup then sadly enough the 360 will be so limited,in games you'll find yourself bored all too often. Anyway point at hand,is currently MS overcharges on peripherals to make up for the margian,of loss on its xobxs and will likely do the same next gen. Where as at,least offical PS products are sold at a more reasonable/cheaper price.,So actually you cant say that Sony seems to like to take extra money,because all console makers make the extra cash somewhere be it the,controllers and peripherals in exchange for the hdd or selling a hdd,,controllers and peripherals for more reasonalbe price but keeping the,console competitivly priced.......
Message 10 of 76 (20 Views)
0 Likes