Treasure Hunter
5795 posts

Re: How many people care if the PS3 come with a hard drive?

Jun 9, 2005

Loving Live wrote:

Adirondack1 wrote:

Loving Live wrote:
I did but only for two reasons, Patches and DLC. I know that Forza has some issues and patches have already been released, but GT4 problems can't be fixed. I was hoping the PS3 would allow some of these features

I could really care less I can afford to buy it either way.
If I need the HD I will buy it. No big deal.

What problems with GT4?
I have it and haven't seen any problems or the need for patches.
I play it at 1080i and I am 57% of the way done.

The shaky screen issue. If PS2 had a hard drive the issue would have been patch in days

Is that in the standard resolution?
I have not seen any "shaky" screen issue.
Message 11 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
475 posts

Jun 9, 2005
i honestly wouldn't care fer a hard drive if that means buying plus like a lot of money.. i dont even play mmorpg or that socom stuff.. so yea.. if it came with it its kool.. i'd use it to save my games with an hdloader or sumthin heheheh
i'm a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 12 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Jun 9, 2005
i wouldn't care if my ps2 hdd could go into a ps3
Message 13 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4707 posts

Jun 9, 2005
You guys do realize a 20 GB hardrive is less then 30 bucks right now. Ms probably got them even cheaper then that by buying bulk. Chances are the spent maybe 10 bucks a drive. Sony wouldn't spend 10 bucks?,
Message 14 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,Loving Live wrote:

,garnett215 wrote:
I could careless really, there will be other storage options and its not like the hard drive will be insanley priced like a $100+.  Somthing like this won't keep me from buying a console.

What you have to understand is the price of the hard drives is irelevant. When the system doesn't come with it the developers don't support it. Mean once again PS3 will have slower loading times. XBOX has a 10gig HD in it now. You know how dirt cheap a 10 gig HD is? Even a 20 gig ,

what makes you think Dev's won't support it? If the hdd sells in large enough numbers I'm sure we'll see Way more hdd optional games than we did with the PS2.  Again the price of these things will play a major factor, memory cards aren't standard but yet every game has a save game feature to them. If the hdd reaches even close to memory card popularity it will be widely used.  IMO this situation will be much different than what happened witht the PS2.

Message 15 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jun 9, 2005
I will buy a PS3 because the games I wish to play will appear on it.  I bought the original PS1 because Square (as they were called at the time) picked up and moved the Final Fantasy series to that console.  I didn't buy an Xbox simply because there wasn't a game or games that I had such a drive to play that I wanted to buy the system. 

I hear people saying that what they buy is influenced by what is considered to be the best.  That is not to say that isn't a good enough reason to purchase a console, (or anything for that matter), just that it is not the right mantra for myself.  I purchase something for the enjoyment it will bring me not simply by what the specs are.  True, a hard drive would allow for more flexibility in what developers could do and allow for fixes and patches to be released.  Is it a requirement of consoles today?  It really depends on the type of gaming that is planned for that console.

So to answer the actual question that is posed by this thread, yes I will.
Message 16 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1044 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,garnett215 wrote:

,Loving Live wrote:

,garnett215 wrote:
I could careless really, there will be other storage options and its not like the hard drive will be insanley priced like a $100+.  Somthing like this won't keep me from buying a console.

What you have to understand is the price of the hard drives is irelevant. When the system doesn't come with it the developers don't support it. Mean once again PS3 will have slower loading times. XBOX has a 10gig HD in it now. You know how dirt cheap a 10 gig HD is? Even a 20 gig ,

what makes you think Dev's won't support it? If the hdd sells in large enough numbers I'm sure we'll see Way more hdd optional games than we did with the PS2.  Again the price of these things will play a major factor, memory cards aren't standard but yet every game has a save game feature to them. If the hdd reaches even close to memory card popularity it will be widely used.  IMO this situation will be much different than what happened witht the PS2.

The ps2 hdd sold well as a add on and no devs supported,  except for a few games ,  wow.
Message 17 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4707 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,garnett215 wrote:

,Loving Live wrote:

,garnett215 wrote:

THis is the problem. Because people aren't foce to buy a particular HD. How can anyone even know how many were sold. There is no way for a developer to find out the number of HD sold
Message 18 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 9, 2005
I want a HDD.  Unless Sony has other ways to let us store data.,
Message 19 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

Jun 9, 2005
I don't care, whatever.. Still gonna have games, and that's all that matters
Message 20 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes