Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4307 posts

Re: How many people care if the PS3 come with a hard drive?

Jun 9, 2005
Well, it would be nice if PS3 does include some kind of HDD, but I already have a memory stick for my other sony products, and I have a SD card for my cheap MP3 player as well, so I'm already set. But right now, I want to know the games, the online service, price, and the PSP/PS3 connections more than any other things about the PS3.
Message 21 of 76 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
701 posts

Jun 9, 2005
If Sony is worried about the price being to much with a HDD, then I think they should abandon the expensive Blu Ray drive for a cheaper format like MS, then they could add it in without a price consequence. I'd rather have a HDD than an expensive disc drive that might not even become a standard. Remember the VHS/Betamax wars...... Sony lost that one to.
Oh, and you can stop reading my post now.
Message 22 of 76 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Jun 9, 2005

sarges24@hotmail.com wrote:

PS2NATION wrote:

Loving Live wrote:
I,did but only for two reasons, Patches and DLC. I know that Forza has,some issues and patches have already been released, but GT4 problems,can't be fixed. I was hoping the PS3 would allow some of these features

I,care but sony seems to like to take extra money all the time for add,ons,  so i'll probably skip a ps3 purchase and get the 360.

Consider,this. Take the whole system with all its technology and keep the hdd in,it. Do you seriously think that they could offer it a competitive or,reasonable price? Personally Id love to see the hdd equiped but,realistically aside from patches for online play, content downloads,,custom soundtracks the Industry really ustilize the hdd or is really,ready for one anyway. Now I know you can say well you can save games on,it to. Still need a memory card though. Now 360 has removable hdd wich,you can take with you but question not only transport but size, wieght,and the protection it will have while transporting it etc. But,sometimes its not about making extra money. Sometimes its about being,able to offer a great console at a competitive and reasonable price to,all consumers. Now granted peripherals are the way to make thier money,back on consoles but in this case I really dont feel the hdd could be,included for a fair price. And as long as PS3 periphrals dont jump in,price to what MS charges for its peripherals then Im all for spending,another $50-100 bucks for an hdd if there is enough ways to use it. But,wether or not there is an hdd is no reason not get one console and to,get another. Especially when the use of the hdd is limited in the,industry. Hdd or not Im in it for the games and coming from Sony you,know the PS3 is going to have an abundance of games and if MS follows,its xbox software lineup then sadly enough the 360 will be so limited,in games you'll find yourself bored all too often. Anyway point at hand,is currently MS overcharges on peripherals to make up for the margian,of loss on its xobxs and will likely do the same next gen. Where as at,least offical PS products are sold at a more reasonable/cheaper price.,So actually you cant say that Sony seems to like to take extra money,because all console makers make the extra cash somewhere be it the,controllers and peripherals in exchange for the hdd or selling a hdd,,controllers and peripherals for more reasonalbe price but keeping the,console competitivly priced.......

100% Agreed
,without a HDD the ps3 price will be at least 330-350 and you can buy the hdd apart with the linux incluided
Message 23 of 76 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4707 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,Ero Senin wrote:

,sarges24@hotmail.com wrote:

,PS2NATION wrote:

,Loving Live wrote:
I did but only for two reasons, Patches and DLC. I know that Forza has some issues and patches have already been released, but GT4 problems can't be fixed. I was hoping the PS3 would allow some of these features

I care but sony seems to like to take extra money all the time for add ons,  so i'll probably skip a ps3 purchase and get the 360. ,
Consider this. Take the whole system with all its technology and keep the hdd in it. Do you seriously think that they could offer it a competitive or reasonable price? Personally Id love to see the hdd equiped but realistically aside from patches for online play, content downloads, custom soundtracks the Industry really ustilize the hdd or is really ready for one anyway. Now I know you can say well you can save games on it to. Still need a memory card though. Now 360 has removable hdd wich you can take with you but question not only transport but size, wieght and the protection it will have while transporting it etc. But sometimes its not about making extra money. Sometimes its about being able to offer a great console at a competitive and reasonable price to all consumers. Now granted peripherals are the way to make thier money back on consoles but in this case I really dont feel the hdd could be included for a fair price. And as long as PS3 periphrals dont jump in price to what MS charges for its peripherals then Im all for spending another $50-100 bucks for an hdd if there is enough ways to use it. But wether or not there is an hdd is no reason not get one console and to get another. Especially when the use of the hdd is limited in the industry. Hdd or not Im in it for the games and coming from Sony you know the PS3 is going to have an abundance of games and if MS follows its xbox software lineup then sadly enough the 360 will be so limited in games you'll find yourself bored all too often. Anyway point at hand is currently MS overcharges on peripherals to make up for the margian of loss on its xobxs and will likely do the same next gen. Where as at least offical PS products are sold at a more reasonable/cheaper price. So actually you cant say that Sony seems to like to take extra money because all console makers make the extra cash somewhere be it the controllers and peripherals in exchange for the hdd or selling a hdd, controllers and peripherals for more reasonalbe price but keeping the console competitivly priced.......

100% Agreed

without a HDD the ps3 price will be at least 330-350 and you can buy the hdd apart with the linux incluided

You guys do know MS is putting in only a 20GB hard drive and they are buying bulk. At 15 bucks each and I'm guessing high. That wouldn't do much for production cost
Message 24 of 76 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Jun 9, 2005

iLoveBoth wrote:
If Sony is,worried about the price being to much with a HDD, then I think they,should abandon the expensive Blu Ray drive for a cheaper format like,MS, then they could add it in without a price consequence. I'd rather,have a HDD than an expensive disc drive that might not even become a,standard. Remember the VHS/Betamax wars...... Sony lost that one to.

yes arnold, but this time the BD have more than 100 companies
Message 25 of 76 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jun 9, 2005

Ero Senin wrote:

PS2NATION wrote:

Loving Live wrote:
I,did but only for two reasons, Patches and DLC. I know that Forza has,some issues and patches have already been released, but GT4 problems,can't be fixed. I was hoping the PS3 would allow some of these features

I,care but sony seems to like to take extra money all the time for add,ons,  so i'll probably skip a ps3 purchase and get the 360.

Consider,this. Take the whole system with all its technology and keep the hdd in,it. Do you seriously think that they could offer it a competitive or,reasonable price? Personally Id love to see the hdd equiped but,realistically aside from patches for online play, content downloads,,custom soundtracks the Industry really ustilize the hdd or is really,ready for one anyway. Now I know you can say well you can save games on,it to. Still need a memory card though. Now 360 has removable hdd wich,you can take with you but question not only transport but size, wieght,and the protection it will have while transporting it etc. But,sometimes its not about making extra money. Sometimes its about being,able to offer a great console at a competitive and reasonable price to,all consumers. Now granted peripherals are the way to make thier money,back on consoles but in this case I really dont feel the hdd could be,included for a fair price. And as long as PS3 periphrals dont jump in,price to what MS charges for its peripherals then Im all for spending,another $50-100 bucks for an hdd if there is enough ways to use it. But,wether or not there is an hdd is no reason not get one console and to,get another. Especially when the use of the hdd is limited in the,industry. Hdd or not Im in it for the games and coming from Sony you,know the PS3 is going to have an abundance of games and if MS,follows its xbox software lineup then sadly enough the 360 will be so,limited in games you'll find yourself bored all too often. Anyway,point at hand is currently MS overcharges on peripherals to make up for,the margian of loss on its xobxs and will likely do the same next gen.,Where as at least offical PS products are sold at a more,reasonable/cheaper price. So actually you cant say that Sony seems to,like to take extra money because all console makers make the extra cash,somewhere be it the controllers and peripherals in exchange for the hdd,or selling a hdd, controllers and peripherals for more reasonalbe price,but keeping the console competitivly priced.......

100% Agreed

without a HDD the ps3 price will be at least 330-350 and you can buy the hdd apart with the linux incluided

I,love how you guys keep saying the X360 will be limited in good,games.  Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're not,good games.  X360 has lots of third party support and plenty of,quality exclusives.
Message 26 of 76 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jun 9, 2005
It would be nice to include 1 , but from the sound of it they have,something else in store, so if it doesnt come with 1 , which im sure it,wont, its not gonna make me piss and moan , or fly off the handle about,it
,Especially if harddrives of that size are as cheap as you say
However, this is actually part of my sig.
Message 27 of 76 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jun 9, 2005

Aleman wrote:

Ero Senin wrote:

PS2NATION wrote:

Loving Live wrote:

Consider,this. Take the whole system with all its technology and keep the hdd in,it. Do you seriously think that they could offer it a competitive or,reasonable price? Personally Id love to see the hdd equiped but,realistically aside from patches for online play, content downloads,,custom soundtracks the Industry really ustilize the hdd or is really,ready for one anyway. Now I know you can say well you can save games on,it to. Still need a memory card though. Now 360 has removable hdd wich,you can take with you but question not only transport but size, wieght,and the protection it will have while transporting it etc. But,sometimes its not about making extra money. Sometimes its about being,able to offer a great console at a competitive and reasonable price to,all consumers. Now granted peripherals are the way to make thier money,back on consoles but in this case I really dont feel the hdd could be,included for a fair price. And as long as PS3 periphrals dont jump in,price to what MS charges for its peripherals then Im all for spending,another $50-100 bucks for an hdd if there is enough ways to use it. But,wether or not there is an hdd is no reason not get one console and to,get another. Especially when the use of the hdd is limited in the,industry. Hdd or not Im in it for the games and coming from Sony you,know the PS3 is going to have an abundance of games and if MS,follows its xbox software lineup then sadly enough the 360 will be so,limited in games you'll find yourself bored all too often. Anyway,point at hand is currently MS overcharges on peripherals to make up for,the margian of loss on its xobxs and will likely do the same next gen.,Where as at least offical PS products are sold at a more,reasonable/cheaper price. So actually you cant say that Sony seems to,like to take extra money because all console makers make the extra cash,somewhere be it the controllers and peripherals in exchange for the hdd,or selling a hdd, controllers and peripherals for more reasonalbe price,but keeping the console competitivly priced.......

100% Agreed

I,love how you guys keep saying the X360 will be limited in good,games.  Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're not,good games.  X360 has lots of third party support and plenty of,quality exclusives.

Last time i checked , good games were determined by preference.
However, this is actually part of my sig.
Message 28 of 76 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
399 posts

Jun 9, 2005
A hdd is nice but....there could be issues down the road..and game compatability is questionable.
Message 29 of 76 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
701 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,Ero Senin wrote:

,iLoveBoth wrote:
If Sony is worried about the price being to much with a HDD, then I think they should abandon the expensive Blu Ray drive for a cheaper format like MS, then they could add it in without a price consequence. I'd rather have a HDD than an expensive disc drive that might not even become a standard. Remember the VHS/Betamax wars...... Sony lost that one to.

yes arnold, but this time the BD have more than 100 companies

And HD DVD is already beating them to the market. Batman Begins along with 85 other titles have already been confirmed for this holiday season. Plus, I read that they've managed to get as much storage space on an HD DVD as the Blu Ray disc at a fraction of the cost. Sony seems to be thinking to far ahead and its going to cost them a lot if HD DVD wins. ,
Oh, and you can stop reading my post now.
Message 30 of 76 (5 Views)
0 Likes