Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
935 posts

Re: How many people care if the PS3 come with a hard drive?

Jun 9, 2005
I don't care because the PS3 will have plenty of storage options
Message 31 of 76 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8402 posts

Jun 9, 2005
Well they can still change their minds and have on by default cant they. Please sony just add the thing and get over taking our  money for add on Please sony please.,
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 32 of 76 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
277 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,Kid Valor wrote:
I don't care because the PS3 will have plenty of storage options

Yes indeed.,
Games I Like To See On Ps3
1.Metal Gear Solid 4
2.Final Fantasy VII Remake
3.Resident Evil 5
4.Grand Theft Auto Nex-Gen
5.Silent Hill 5
Message 33 of 76 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5795 posts

Jun 9, 2005

iLoveBoth wrote:

Ero Senin wrote:

iLoveBoth wrote:
If Sony is worried about the price being to much with a HDD, then I think they should abandon the expensive Blu Ray drive for a cheaper format like MS, then they could add it in without a price consequence. I'd rather have a HDD than an expensive disc drive that might not even become a standard. Remember the VHS/Betamax wars...... Sony lost that one to.

yes arnold, but this time the BD have more than 100 companies

And HD DVD is already beating them to the market. Batman Begins along with 85 other titles have already been confirmed for this holiday season. Plus, I read that they've managed to get as much storage space on an HD DVD as the Blu Ray disc at a fraction of the cost. Sony seems to be thinking to far ahead and its going to cost them a lot if HD DVD wins.

LOL you must have read wrong and have your facts messed up.
You may want to check the HD-DVD specs again.

It will be interesting when all these HD-DVD movies your talking about come out.
Do you have a link on all these great facts of yours.

I wonder how much a HD-DVD player will cost.
Message 34 of 76 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jun 9, 2005
Worst Case Senarios:
Harddrive w/PS3: It takes Sony longer to recover the losses on each console. This could easily be negated by adding to the user base faster.
,Harddrive as Add-on: We miss out on games that could use a hard,drive, as well as watch another poorly executed add-on die slowly when,no one buys it (I'm looking at you PS2 HDD).
,It really makes no sense. Square-Enix says they want it. You can be,sure they aren't going to bring any more MMORPGs to PS3 if it gets the,lackluster results that FFXI did. In fact, you won't see any at all.,Developers aren't going to provide expansion packs for games like SOCOM,or Killzone or GT - which could even be sold to consumers to increase,revenue and decrease game prices. Kutaragi needs to deal with what we,have today, instead of planning for what may come in a few years. It,didn't work for PS2, and its not going to work for PS3. All this trash,talk is going to be worth squat if they don't stop messing around and,give developers and gamers what they want.
=x= Resident PS3 and PSP Expert =x=
Message 35 of 76 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
701 posts

Jun 9, 2005

,Adirondack1 wrote:

,iLoveBoth wrote:

,Ero Senin wrote:

,iLoveBoth wrote:
If Sony is worried about the price being to much with a HDD, then I think they should abandon the expensive Blu Ray drive for a cheaper format like MS, then they could add it in without a price consequence. I'd rather have a HDD than an expensive disc drive that might not even become a standard. Remember the VHS/Betamax wars...... Sony lost that one to.

And HD DVD is already beating them to the market. Batman Begins along with 85 other titles have already been confirmed for this holiday season. Plus, I read that they've managed to get as much storage space on an HD DVD as the Blu Ray disc at a fraction of the cost. Sony seems to be thinking to far ahead and its going to cost them a lot if HD DVD wins. ,

It will be interesting when all these HD-DVD movies your talking about come out.

HERE is the link for the confirmation of HD DVD movies being released this holiday season BEFORE Blu Ray drives even hit the market in America.

HERE is the article talking about the upped capacity of HD DVD to compete with Blu Ray. Now it has nearly the same capacity while only costing a fraction more to produce than standard DVDs.

There's your facts.
Oh, and you can stop reading my post now.
Message 36 of 76 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8642 posts

Jun 9, 2005
All I care about is the Game save=
Game Advisory Panel Member Since May 3, 2005
Message 37 of 76 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Jun 9, 2005

iLoveBoth wrote:

Adirondack1 wrote:

iLoveBoth wrote:

Ero Senin wrote:

iLoveBoth wrote:
If Sony,is worried about the price being to much with a HDD, then I think they,should abandon the expensive Blu Ray drive for a cheaper format like,MS, then they could add it in without a price consequence. I'd rather,have a HDD than an expensive disc drive that might not even become a,standard. Remember the VHS/Betamax wars...... Sony lost that one to.

And,HD DVD is already beating them to the market. Batman Begins along with,85 other titles have already been confirmed for this holiday season.,Plus, I read that they've managed to get as much storage space on an HD,DVD as the Blu Ray disc at a fraction of the cost. Sony seems to be,thinking to far ahead and its going to cost them a lot if HD DVD wins.

HERE,is the link for the confirmation of HD DVD movies being released this,holiday season BEFORE Blu Ray drives even hit the market in America.

HERE,is the article talking about the upped capacity of HD DVD to compete,with Blu Ray. Now it has nearly the same capacity while only costing a,fraction more to produce than standard DVDs.

There's your facts.

the,blu-ray movies are being released when the ps3 come out (the ps3 is,going to boost the selling of bly-ray drivers more than the HD)
Message 38 of 76 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
701 posts

Jun 10, 2005

,Ero Senin wrote:

,iLoveBoth wrote:

,Adirondack1 wrote:

,iLoveBoth wrote:

,Ero Senin wrote:

,iLoveBoth wrote:

And HD DVD is already beating them to the market. Batman Begins along with 85 other titles have already been confirmed for this holiday season. Plus, I read that they've managed to get as much storage space on an HD DVD as the Blu Ray disc at a fraction of the cost. Sony seems to be thinking to far ahead and its going to cost them a lot if HD DVD wins. ,

HERE is the link for the confirmation of HD DVD movies being released this holiday season BEFORE Blu Ray drives even hit the market in America.

HERE is the article talking about the upped capacity of HD DVD to compete with Blu Ray. Now it has nearly the same capacity while only costing a fraction more to produce than standard DVDs.

There's your facts.

the blu-ray movies are being released when the ps3 come out (the ps3 is going to boost the selling of bly-ray drivers more than the HD)

But as I said, HD DVD is hitting the market first, with nearly the same storage capacity, and for a cheaper price. Plus, since its the holiday season many people will be buying those kind of things for their husbands and dads. So, as PS3 may boost sells, HD DVD is going to have the upper hand with all its features and cheaper price.
Oh, and you can stop reading my post now.
Message 39 of 76 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 10, 2005

,iLoveBoth wrote:

But as I said, HD DVD is hitting the market first, with nearly the same storage capacity, and for a cheaper price. Plus, since its the holiday season many people will be buying those kind of things for their husbands and dads. So, as PS3 may boost sells, HD DVD is going to have the upper hand with all its features and cheaper price.

Not really.  People will have to spend $1000 on a HD-DVD player to watch HD-DVD.  I think most people would buy a PS3 and go with Blu-Ray instead.

Details are still sketchy on Toshiba's HD-DVD recorder, but pricing and availability for its play-only unit have finally been announced. It will be the first on sale to play the HD-DVD format, which the company is promoting as a competitor against Blu-ray to succeed the popular DVD format. The unit will include an HDMI output, naturally, but otherwise little information (including a model number) was available at press time. The available specs include:

• HD-DVD player ,
  • HDMI output ,
  • Backward compatible with DVD and CD

The price: The unnamed unit will be available in the fourth quarter of 2005 for a list price of $1,000.

http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5618766-1.html

Message 40 of 76 (4 Views)
0 Likes