Fender Bender
3003 posts

Re: How many people care if the PS3 come with a hard drive?

Jun 10, 2005

,grapony wrote:
I think only the diehards will buy either format. The old dvd format is still going strong and I for one don't really care about bluray or hddvd ,

I believe many if not all HDTV owners will buy them rather quickly as they can still play all of our old DVD movies, and finally give another use for our investment in the HDTV.  As soon as they're down to about 250 bucks I'll get one.,
Message 51 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Jun 10, 2005
How exactly did this topic become about Blue Rays when it was about,HDD??? I personally dont care if it has HDD, but it would be nice if it,did have one.
,I think Blue Ray will come out on top because PS3 will come out before,the HDdvd player drops in price, and the ps3 can also play dvd's AND,sony owns a **bleep**load of movie companies, they can just re-release,spider man 1 & 2 as a hd bundle and skyrocket Blue Ray.
Message 52 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jun 10, 2005

,Jak_the_man wrote:
How exactly did this topic become about Blue Rays when it was about HDD??? I personally dont care if it has HDD, but it would be nice if it did have one.

I think Blue Ray will come out on top because PS3 will come out before the HDdvd player drops in price, and the ps3 can also play dvd's AND sony owns a **bleep**load of movie companies, they can just re-release spider man 1 & 2 as a hd bundle and skyrocket Blue Ray.

And so many big companies are supporting Blu-ray.
Message 53 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6621 posts

Jun 10, 2005
What I said in another topic...

HDD = luxury. If I have it great, if not no prob. Been playing console games since 1977, and I never really needed a HDD.
Message 54 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3003 posts

Jun 10, 2005

,Jordahn wrote:

HDD = luxury. If I have it great, if not no prob. Been playing console games since 1977, and I never really needed a HDD.

If you could get two nearly identical cars for the same price, but one had AC, and one did not and you lived in a place where it gets hot for a least part of the year which would you get.    ,
Message 55 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Jun 10, 2005

Steppy76 wrote:

Jordahn wrote:

If,you could get two nearly identical cars for the same price, but one had,AC, and one did not and you lived in a place where it gets hot for a,least part of the year which would you get.   

You forgot to mention that the car with the ac only runs on 5% of the roads and needs an oil change every 500 miles.
Message 56 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6621 posts

Jun 10, 2005

Steppy76 wrote:

Jordahn wrote:

If you could get two nearly identical cars for the same price, but one had AC, and one did not and you lived in a place where it gets hot for a least part of the year which would you get.   

That's was a very loaded analogy you gave, and you know it. Don't think I'm a fool to fall in this false logic. So let me ask you this question that is more direct to the subject mattter: Being that the vast majority of my 73 PS2 game library are PS2 exclusive, how is not having a HDD stopping me from playing those games?

Message Edited by Jordahn on 06-10-2005 12:55 AM

Message 57 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3003 posts

Jun 10, 2005

,Jordahn wrote:
,Steppy76 wrote:

,Jordahn wrote:

If you could get two nearly identical cars for the same price, but one had AC, and one did not and you lived in a place where it gets hot for a least part of the year which would you get.   ,

That's was a very loaded analogy you gave, and you know it. Don't think I'm a fool to fall in this false logic. So let me ask you this question that is more direct to the subject mattter: Being that the vast majority of my 73 PS2 game library are PS2 exclusive, how is not having a HDD stopping me from playing those games?,

Message Edited by Jordahn on 06-10-200512:55 AM

No, but if you demanded that at the very least Sony gave you what the competition did, then don't you think the vast majority of those 73 PS2 games would have used a HD in some way(not to mention you'd have saved a few bucks on memory cards alone). 
Message 58 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Jun 10, 2005
Load times suck big donkey balls.  That was the worst part about having a PS2.  Now developers won't use the HDD to eliminate load times like on Halo and other Xbox games.

Not to mention download content and patches...
"Opinions are like ***holes, everybody has one and they all stink!"
Message 59 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3426 posts

Jun 10, 2005
I CARE!!!!!,
Message 60 of 76 (10 Views)
0 Likes