Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 25 2013
By: Wakefulness I Only Post Everything 1306 posts

How to: upload VITA screenshots to a message board (simplified)

[ Edited ]
12 replies 3905 views Edited Apr 27, 2013

Hi!

The following is a tutorial which should simplify screenshots uploads (on the VITA <- to -> the forum) using the VITA's flickr app and a PC/Mobile/Tablet. The VITA's flickr app is a required download for this tutorial. The flickr app even allows one to upload a VITA screenshot while still running a game session.

The tutorial is not limited just to community.us.playstation but some workarounds/troubleshooting might be required (depending on the websites like Neogaf). Here's the guide,

On VITA:

1. For newbies, open VITA's web browser -> flickr.com -> log into flickr account. (It's done beter through VITA's stand alone web browser as I have experienced javascript bugs while trying to authorize/manage settings on the flickr app's version of the nested browser) 
  2. Open VITA flickr app 
  3. "Sign in" 
  4. Click/confirm 'allow the app to authorize usage on VITA'. (Again, if you haven't already done so)
  5. Create a "Soul Sacrifice" set (optional)
  6. Scroll down to Uploads  -> click "Photo" -> "Screenshot" -> Soul Sacrifice DEMO (or any other folder) -> option (privacy: "public") ->  

On PC (click on "flickr.com" - on your mobile/tablet - to access desktop settings):

• Click on desired photo 
  • click on the "share" drop down menu  -> click on "Grab the HTML/BBCode" -> check "bbcode" (I use medium settings) -> copy 
  • Go to your forum "Message" -> paste (Deleting everything before+after the "[img][/img]" tags just shares the image) 

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8380/8680126573_0230569cb9.jpg[/img]

^ This method did not format nicely on this message board. To troubleshoot the issue,

• Copy the ".jpg" url (inside the "[img][/img]" tags) -> click on the insert/edit message (on the tool bar) -> upload from website -> "Large" dimensions ->

ss1 

Viola!

For step one (on VITA) it's best not to use web browser while you have a game running. (There are cases where the browser refreshes automatically while games run). I also preffer just using the wireless settings (on "content manager") and uploading pictures to photobucket, however CM requires all apps/games to close while in use. Again, VITA's flickr app can be used while other games/apps are running. 

Enjoy!

Message 1 of 13 (3,905 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: Tutorial: How to upload VITA screenshots to message board (simplified)

Apr 25, 2013

Thanks for the info! :smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 13 (3,882 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

Thanks for the info! :smileyhappy:

Hi, and welcome! Thanks for the kudos! ^^

p.s.

The community.us.playstaion boards do not format (on tablet/mobile) the same as it does on your PC browser (even if desktop mode is enabled on the forum template modifier). By this, I mean the tool bar is not visible on your mobile device.

I'm currently working on how to trouble shoot this problem. Any help out there would be awesome! :smileyhappy:

Edit:

I don't really see any way to work around the issue mentioned above. (I'm on my iphone). For mobile users on the community.us.playstation boards, I just suggest doing the following to share your VITA screenshots:

• Click on desired image
  • Click "share" (drop down) button -> "Grab the link" + copy URL -> paste

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95256466@N06/8680314975/

This will share the link to the entire flickr photostream and w/e other sets you have set public. I don't have anything to hide on that account, so I invite everyone to browse (it's full of Soul Sacrifice screenshots). :smileywink:

Message 3 of 13 (3,874 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

P.s.  I've found that the flickr app on VITA crashes when viewing images.  (I have the latest flickr app patch installed, others have encountered similar issues with the VITA's flickr app)

It's best to use the VITA's web browser -> flickr.com (bookmark it!).

And the iphone app is fine app for viewing pictures!  Search -> people -> "vitauploads" (for all my VITA stuff).

p.p.s. If using the screenshot sharing method (mentioned in OP), ensure each upload goes to the right set before clicking "upload" (unless it's a core photostream upload). Re-ordering multiple pictures into a set (later on, after uploading from VITA) can be time consuming! 

Message 4 of 13 (3,860 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

How to: upload VITA screenshots to message board (simplified)

[ Edited ]
Apr 27, 2013

Typing this from my vita! Hellooo! >.<

Here's another tip!, check this

[redacted.]

Message 5 of 13 (3,851 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Very cool, thanks! I wondered how people were doing this. Kudos.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 6 of 13 (3,833 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 26, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

Very cool, thanks! I wondered how people were doing this. Kudos.

Thanks wiz.

Also, pls do not post on message boards while games are running. Vita constantly refreshes web pages and bugs out while games run (especially on this website).

Just going to share another pic,

www.flic.kr/p/eefmiu

from my vita.

ps. Be careful when switching between tabs (for the aforementioned a.i.o vita screenshot sharing tutorial) not to accidentally close a tab! ;p

Message 7 of 13 (3,825 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

How to: upload VITA screenshots to a message board (simplified)

Apr 27, 2013

On VITA (the "no additional hardware required" step):

1. Go to "Settings"
  2. 2013-04-25-233814
  3. 2013-04-25-233820
  4. 2013-04-25-233826
  5. 2013-04-25-233832
  6. click on the bottom left -> "Add Term" -> type in
  7. 8681955567_aea9609e51.jpg

A. Onto the Interwebs! 

1. Open vita web browser -> 
  2. flicker.com (bookmark to skip this step in the future!) -> 
  3. tap desired photo -> 
  4. "share" -> 
  5. "grab the link" -> 
  6. (click on text field to make it easier to) check "show short url"
  7. 2013-04-25-135155
  8. Switch between [message board post <-> flickr image]
  9. 2013-04-25-134904
  10. (In your post) Type in the first few letter of http://flic.kr/p/ ("predictive text" will take care of the rest)
  11. Punch in the rest of the 6 digit url (likely camelcase sensitive - meaning upper and lower case letter matter!) after the "p/"

Final product:

http://www.flic.kr/p/ee3Uo4

It's best not to use the VITA's web browser while you have a game running. (There are cases where the browser refreshes automatically while games run).

Compared to previous methods, (in this tut) this one defeats the purpose of not closing a VITA gameplay session. However, this is the only solution which does not require additional hardware.

P.s. This is (currently) the only way to see flickr images on the VITA. Clicking to view images on the VITA's (downloadable) flickr app prompts the app to crash, taking the user back to the livearea. 

I made a set vine vids to go along with the tutorial. This will show how to upload and post, just using a vita!

Step 1 (using the vita flickr app)

https://vine.co/v/bxa2qE9VOxP

Step 2 ('get short url' + 'Add Term')

https://vine.co/v/bxWBKtHnUVa

Step 3 (sharing online)

https://vine.co/v/bxWWEq6eEPD

. . . I used vine because they are videos viewable right on the VITA's web browser. (Try it out! Visit this page on your vita's browser and follow the links!) The vita does not have a vine app, but it just so happens to have a twitter (LiveTweet) app. You can follow the tweets that go along with these vids on,

http://twitter.com/vitauploads

Enjoy!

Message 8 of 13 (3,787 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: How to: upload VITA screenshots to a message board (simplified)

Apr 27, 2013

ok =)

Message 9 of 13 (3,766 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Re: How to: upload VITA screenshots to a message board (simplified)

Apr 27, 2013

racer987654 wrote:

ok =)

Anytime! :smileyhappy:

Message 10 of 13 (3,763 Views)
0 Likes