Treasure Hunter
4072 posts

Re: Tutorial: How to upload VITA screenshots to message board (simplified)

Apr 27, 2013

Wakefulness wrote:

P.s.  I've found that the flickr app on VITA crashes when viewing images.  (I have the latest flickr app patch installed, others have encountered similar issues with the VITA's flickr app)

It's best to use the VITA's web browser -> flickr.com (bookmark it!). 

I'm one of those people. Day 1 the Flicker App released, nothing has fixed it. It works under some wifi, but NEVER under home wifi no matter what settings are changed in the router. There hasn't been enough care on either side to aide us poor Flicker PS Vita users. Fingers pointed each way, with us in the middle floundering. 

At any rate, the Flicker app works great to upload, at least.

I wish it would work fully, I love the way it presents everything. I've actually not uploaded my real camera photos to Flicker much since PS Vita problems with it, and I was using it fairly faithfully since 2005. I really liked the management I could have of my photos and comments and such, in that app. FWIW

Message 11 of 13 (59 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Re: How to: upload VITA screenshots to a message board (simplified)

Apr 27, 2013

Here's another hit!

http://flic.kr/p/eeChu9

^ Click out! . . . Notice how there is a paint park screenshot with the word "What happened?" It's a simple method to engage a topic in the comment section below a pic. And the comment below (w/ a picture posted)? I did that too. All on my VITA! (Didn't use any extra hardware at all). Pretty neat, aye?

All you need is:

1. Paint park -> scribble out words to make a topic, ask a question, make a remark, etc
  2. (preferably) Make a "set" for your paint park "topic pics"  
  3. (to leave a comment + preview pic) go to the "topic pic" -> scroll down to comment field (below a pic)  
  4. use brackets [] to contain a desired "short url" pic 

That's it. 

This method is more of a substitute for message boards (and similar online chat places). You can also use group chat if you're friends with a person you want to chat with (off the message board). This method is the middle ground between message board and group chat, I suppose.

Here's the vine vid to go along,

https://vine.co/v/bxhOgJg7nqI

Enjoy!

Message 12 of 13 (56 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

How to: upload VITA screenshots to message board (simplified)

Apr 27, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

Wakefulness wrote:

P.s.  I've found that the flickr app on VITA crashes when viewing images.  (I have the latest flickr app patch installed, others have encountered similar issues with the VITA's flickr app)

It's best to use the VITA's web browser -> flickr.com (bookmark it!). 

I'm one of those people. Day 1 the Flicker App released, nothing has fixed it. It works under some wifi, but NEVER under home wifi no matter what settings are changed in the router. There hasn't been enough care on either side to aide us poor Flicker PS Vita users. Fingers pointed each way, with us in the middle floundering. 

At any rate, the Flicker app works great to upload, at least.

I wish it would work fully, I love the way it presents everything. I've actually not uploaded my real camera photos to Flicker much since PS Vita problems with it, and I was using it fairly faithfully since 2005. I really liked the management I could have of my photos and comments and such, in that app. FWIW

It's best to use the flickr app to upload and manage your uploads (and nothing else). Kinda sucks, but the flickr.com website works awesome on vita's browser anyway. So it's a win win.

Check out this SWAG btw,

http://flic.kr/p/eexKGg

-written from vita

Message 13 of 13 (50 Views)
0 Likes