Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 17 2013
By: TH3H0LYSP1RIT First Son 9 posts
Accepted Solution

I Pre-Ordered a PS4 with $100.00 dollars down on it can a pay the rest of the money on launch day?

20 replies 749 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

That is what my mom thinks we can do But I think you have to put all of the money down before launch day what have to do By the way this is at GameStop 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (749 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12049 posts

Re: I Pre-Ordered a PS4 with $100.00 dollars down on it can a pay the rest of the money on launch da

Jun 17, 2013

You can do either one.

However, considering it's going to be a midnight release, they suggest that you do pay it off beforehand, if you are going to pick it up at midnight.

If you have it paid off, then at midnight you can just walk in with your receipt, they hand you the console, you walk out.

Otherwise you have to wait in a different, longer line.

If you're just going to pick it up at some time in the day, really makes no difference.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (747 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
488 posts

Re: I Pre-Ordered a PS4 with $100.00 dollars down on it can a pay the rest of the money on launch da

Jun 17, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

You can do either one.

However, considering it's going to be a midnight release, they suggest that you do pay it off beforehand, if you are going to pick it up at midnight.

If you have it paid off, then at midnight you can just walk in with your receipt, they hand you the console, you walk out.

If you're just going to pick it up at some time in the day, really makes no difference.

why would it matter if its midnight or daytime. I think you can just pay it off when you go pick it up, midnight or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (734 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12049 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

You can do either one.

why would it matter if its midnight or daytime. I think you can just pay it off when you go pick it up, midnight or not.

Because when they do midnight releases, they prioritize the line with people who paid it off first, and then people who have yet to finish paying.

I'm saying if he goes to midnight release and doesn't want to sit in line all day, he should pay it off in advance. But if not, then just pay it off whenever.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (725 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14251 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

You can do either one.

Have you ever been to a midnight lauch of a game or console of any siginicance?

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (722 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Thank You I am picking it up at midnight However my mom is being a Know-It-All and Is forcing me to pay the money at launch day rather than earlier So Can I just walk in with the money right at midnight,pay them,and they will give It to you ?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (720 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12049 posts

Jun 17, 2013

TH3H0LYSP1RIT wrote:
Thank You I am picking it up at midnight However my mom is being a Know-It-All and Is forcing me to pay the money at launch day rather than earlier So Can I just walk in with the money right at midnight,pay them,and they will give It to you ?

Well they will, but you will most likely have to wait longer than the people who have their receipts ready (because anyone who doesn't have it paid off, goes to the back)

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (716 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8123 posts

Jun 17, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

You can do either one.

For midnight releases, some stores will open for about a half hour from about 11:15 to 11:45 for people to pay off the pre-order, then chase you back out the door and re-open at midnight to allow you to pick up your purchase.  Most will not do this, however, and nearly all do, in fact, require the pre-order to be paid off ahead of time (they don't even open the cash drawer at the release 'party' - they simply have access to the computer system so they can check off the people who pick up their purchases and print the final purchase receipt).

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (714 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Jun 17, 2013

@BBurgSteve Please tell me you are lying There is abousltey no way to convince my mom 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (707 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12049 posts

Jun 17, 2013

TH3H0LYSP1RIT wrote:

@BBurgSteve Please tell me you are lying There is abousltey no way to convince my mom 

It depends on the store.

The Gamestop I always go to does allow you to pay it off, but like I said, you are forced to the back of the line (and it's a LONG line).

I arrived at 10pm and was 6th in line when I last went to a midnight release. The line was massive though. Had police to watch over the area in case people got robbed.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (696 Views)
0 Likes