Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 31 2012
By: RubiconAlpha PlayStation MVP 1189 posts

I Wish I Could See Who Is Playing in a Game before I Join

[ Edited ]
11 replies 55 views Edited Feb 24, 2014

Right now you only see the server options and current number of players when you join a game. No player list with rank or current score or time remaining. I hate joining a heavily unbalanced team that is beyond help just to get killed and get another one in the lost column after only being in the game for 60 seconds.

Joy.

Plus there is more than a few players/clans I would never like to play against again. I would like that choice before dropping in and seeing "those" guys on either team. We have those cake, fist and skull icons but that really doesn't tell me jack when you join a heavy lopsided clan server just to get rolled. I'm not cherry picking for easy games but at least ones I might enjoy playing or at least get the chance to play in.

Seeing who and what I'm against before joining would be something I wish I knew before each and every game. I would gladly wait till the end of the round to complete a whole game than just adding kills to the base raping winners who won long before you joined in.

Edit: Added label & updated subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 12 (55 Views)
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Re: I wish I could see who is playing in a game before I join.

Jun 1, 2012

That would be cool.  I wonder how hard it would be to impliment?

Message 2 of 12 (55 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1189 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2014

It was just a thought. You never know what kind of game you are joining other than the server setup. The last couple of games I joined were kind of weird. Lately I try to join servers that seem to be waiting for players. But nearly every time we get a real game started the other team drops out completely. If they wanted a private game use a password.

I didn't even get a single kill in before I see the round is over and I'm now the host of the server. Thanks for the win guys but what gives? I don't even have 50 cluster bomb kills in my kill column yet nor do I just roll into a base with a tank to destroy everything. If they see a higher rank maybe they just bail but I'm more about the win than just killing people all day (other than TDM). I go for the flag or the zone and only kill and destroy that which is in my way. But come on, don't just leave before we can actually play.

So I'll add that as another reason why I would like to see who is currently in-game and what the state of the game is before I join. You could tell from just the player's profile what kind of player they are and how the round is going by score and time remaining if we had such an option.

I'm trying to remember what other game recently I played that had this kind of information at the start of a round. I could just host more but then you wait and wait and even if it's just two players to start once you begin to win they leave and you're are back to waiting.

Official servers anyone?

Message 3 of 12 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Jun 2, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

That would be cool.  I wonder how hard it would be to impliment?

----------------------------------------------

BHD now recruiting for Starhawk - Click here

its not impossible BF3 does it. SH has a similar server browser.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 12 (55 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Jun 2, 2012

I was thinking about this some more last night, for me it would be interesting as I have several "stalkers" who like to follow me around into games....they are REALLY GOOD players so that could be interesting for everyone who plays with me

Message 5 of 12 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Jun 2, 2012

no only that but the ability to save a server set up and favorite them so I can filter by favorites and see if by fav hosts are on.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 12 (55 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Jun 2, 2012

MandaNights wrote:

no only that but the ability to save a server set up and favorite them so I can filter by favorites and see if by fav hosts are on.

rorbannerfinal-1

i have a small list of server host requests, maybe you could check it out and add something to it or just leave me some feedback?   http://community.us.playstation.com/message/37757301#37757301

Message 7 of 12 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Jun 2, 2012

Unreal tournament on the sega dreamcast let you see who was in the room. So if they could do that way back then...

Message 8 of 12 (55 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Jun 2, 2012

BiOHAZARD-901- wrote:

Unreal tournament on the sega dreamcast let you see who was in the room. So if they could do that way back then...

BiOHAZARD-901- Trophy Card

True.

It could be a "sony directive" that developers don't put this feature in. 

Message 9 of 12 (55 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1189 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2014

I hope that in not the case Pilgrim. I would rather have a lobby feature then if that was the case so we could join at the end/start of the round to play a whole game instead of the "dropping into the unknown", find out your screwed, then suffer for the last few minutes of a round or just quit and hope for better on the next server.

Message 10 of 12 (55 Views)
0 Likes