Nov 03 2012
By: y0urh34d1sb1g Monster Hunter 33 posts

I **bleep** HATE THE PS3'S UNRELIABILITY AND SONY'S BS

4 replies 167 views Edited Nov 3, 2012

So My 60gb ps3 which I saved up $1000 for to get on launch in Australia finally gets the ylod yesterday.

The blu-ray drive died 3 times since I got it and i've had to place it horizontal since it started refusing to read disks when vertical a few days ago and the explanation by sony 'well this is an advanced technology' so a ps2 I had for 10 years still works without a single problem. Back in the launch days of the ps2, dvd lasers were considered 'advanced technology' why hasn't that laser failed. My ps3 is currently being reballed with lead which doesn't crack and using proper thermal paste 'arctic silver 5' and that only costs me $120 and it costs $175 for a refurb with a **bleep** heat gun job and there **bleep** paste which i could do myself. Of course there are going to be dickheads saying 'buy a slim you wont have to go though a problem' A: they look like **bleep** B: no ps2 backward compatibility (i play more ps2 games on the ps3 than playing ps3 games on the ps3) C: I use at least 3 usb ports on my ps3 everyday and slims only have 2 D: they still **bleep** fail through operation as instructed in the bloody instruction manual. Seriously Sony what the **bleep** is your problem, you remove ps2 BC in ps3s than add it back via pure software then make people pay for it on psn (don't give me 'well its remade for the ps3' no they arent remade for the ps3 only hd collections are), you make sure the ps3's fail after the 1 year warranty so you blame your customers, then when you send your ps3 for a refurb that only has a 3 month warranty and that 99.9% of the time it dies within a year so you get only more money, then you remove install other os which I used a fair bit and then say to us 'its for security concerns' **bleep** the exploit geohot used on 3.15fw was easily patchable and he didn't release anything at the time, you **bleep** encrypt the hdd so you can't use it in another ps3 when the ps3 dies, then you have online storage which you make people pay for and say 'well it's there so your data is safe when your ps3 breaks' dont encrypt the bloody hdd you **bleep**, you then send secert info about tv models we use, psn passwords, credit card pin numbers to lots of website and without encrypting the info which made the hackers hacking psn a very easy job then you don't **bleep** do anything for the customers in return for all the **bleep** we have to go though.  

Message 1 of 5 (167 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39470 posts

Re: I **bleep** HATE THE PS3'S UNRELIABILITY AND SONY'S BS

Nov 3, 2012

Glad you got that off your chest?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 5 (166 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Nov 3, 2012

you know what I actually am glad i got that off my chest as you can tell my experience of my ps3 and sony would definitley make me want to get a ps4.

Message 3 of 5 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
460 posts

Nov 3, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

Glad you got that off your chest?

I lol'ed so hard when I read your comment then realized your sig said Welcoming Comittee. 

Message 4 of 5 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

Jeez..... where have you been the last 5/6 years?

Now that you've got it off your chest, you can look for a local repair shop that will perform the very reliable REBALL method and fix that BD drive issue.

$1000? Is that what it retailed for in Austalia? Or is that what YOU paid?

I know of some people who paid $1500-2500+ for the PS3 here in the US..... to have it 12 hours to one day early......

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes