Feb 21 2013
By: Jacks-over Sackboy 445 posts

I don't want a Social Networking Box! (PS 4)

[ Edited ]
79 replies 521 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

I don't want a Social Networking Box, I don't want a Social Networking Box, I don't want a Social Networking Box!!!!

Seriously, I don't want a 2ed face book page, I don't want a multimedia box I have a PC for that, I don't want my friends to play for me while I take a ++++, the PS Move is about as innovative as watching paint dry. and no one is going to cloud game.

I play my consoles so I can play games, not  go on facebook, if you want to add it in go for it just dont focus on it.  I dont give a flying **** about your social features or connections etc, I want to pop in some games and play them by myself, I dont want people "jumping in" or "helping" me. Speaking of popping in games, can we or is it all digital? Sounded like it was all digital or at least always online which always online DRM sucks harder than star wars kinetic or Pamela Anderson on a boat, and apparently the PS 4 has a mind of its own. Like **bleep** you playstation, download the games I want when I want, not when you think its right and when you chose, Im the gamer here, a gamer with an annoying data cap the the majority of Canada.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 80 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4292 posts

Re: I don't want a Social Net Working Box! (PS 4)

Feb 21, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 80 (508 Views)
Survivor
2596 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Man you act like that stuff is the main features of the PS4 and not just secondary features. The primary feature of the PS4 is to play games first and foremost. If I want to share what I've been up to with a video onto Facebook or YouTube I can. I don't have to use it but I have that option if it pleases me to do so.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 80 (501 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I won't ever sync my facebook to PS3.  It is totally optional.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 80 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
445 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Bulletpainpills wrote:

Man you act like that stuff is the main features of the PS4 and not just secondary features. The primary feature of the PS4 is to play games first and foremost. If I want to share what I've been up to with a video onto Facebook or YouTube I can. I don't have to use it but I have that option if it pleases me to do so.

By the tone of their press conference yesterday it sounded like they were building the PS 4 around social networks, that’s the impression I got from the first 1/3rd of it anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 80 (488 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5107 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I hear you.  I'm the same way.  No interest in linking Facebook, sharing gameplay video, jumping in on someone else's game, yada yada yada.  I just want to play.  And would love to see developers make multi-player trophies optional ALL THE TIME, rather than a requirement for a platinum.   Had enough encounters with jerks and jerkettes trying to co-op that it doesn't interest me at all.

Still, the PS4 looks nicely beefed up and I'll likely pick one up when it comes out.

** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **
 photo Signature2.png

MVP Terms and Conditions ______(=^‥^=)______ Forum Rules of Conduct

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 80 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Are you really that Anti-Social? By the way it's "Networking". Tell your countries providers to get with times and lose the data cap, or don't be suckered into data capped services.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 80 (463 Views)
Wastelander
663 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I dont think its a a matter of being anti-social, more like privacy.
I dont ever want my social media accounts linked to my gaming accounts. They are two seperate things and I plan on keeping it that way. This feature opens the door for hacking / harrassment / etc /etc.

I'll pass, thank you.

"Stupidity is a disease, and we have an epidemic on our hands"
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 80 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Feb 21, 2013

im pretty sure you can disable it or else it will be pedo paradise

i don't have a pc i use ps3 browser
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 80 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 21, 2013
The features aren't required, so them ranting about it is not getting any point across, do you understand that? It's optional.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 80 (446 Views)