Reply
Highlighted
Wastelander
Registered: 06/12/2012
Offline
614 posts
 

Re: I finally got a chance to start playing The Last of Us and...

Jan 11, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Tigress666777 wrote:
Hahahaha. You got me until the dog comment...

Phillyblunz wrote:

TwinDad wrote:

Me too.

 

So far I really like the story even though it reminds me very much of Resident Evil.

 

The game play has been okay. I die allot in the set pieces, but that seems to extend the game time.

 

Maybe I should have not read all the hype, I think it's jaded my perception of the game. BUt I'll soldier on.


Here I will help.

 

This game is pure trash, 10 minutes in and already repeating the same moves over and over, the scenes are too dark and the girl is too young and annoying, never says anything and never trys to help out, I should just leave her on the side of the road.

 

What is this uncharted DLC?  I paid $60 for a new experience not indiana jones goes to visit Will smith in I am Legend!

 

I mean the game is too short, and too easy, and the controls just suck diddlypops.

 

Wheres the ammo?  I keep run and gunning and just get killed again and again!!!  

 

Why is there no dog ai companion?!?!?!  friggen cheap devs cant even make that work I bet, they need to COD this up a lot if they want me to reccomend it.

 

I give this game a 3.1/10, next time I want AI fish and if I dont at least punch a dog you will hear from me!

 

F The Last of Us!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

And the hype slowly dissolves.....  I hate getting over hyped and nothing can meet expectations, use my life motto

"Expect the worst and never be dissapointed"

 

 

 


 


I wish that was all serious...

 

I legitimately do not like TLOU's story or concept at all.

 

Still pretty solid multiplayer.


Neil Tyson


 

 

Seriously. What is it with that game?

 

What is honestly so good about it? I kinda somewhat understand if people come up with.. The gameplay is the best I've ever played because.. I actually agree.

 

What is really good about the story? What is fun about watching a happy guy turn into a kind of dead inside character within the first 30 minutes of the game?

 

I'd like it explained. If I could be invested in the character I'd probably enjoy it because from a design perspective it's awesome. It's just that script that I have trouble even understanding why it's like that.

 

Trust me. I don't want to dislike it. When electing to ignore the story I can somewhat enjoy just killing things randomly. But isn't that just like I'm playing COD?

 


I love it because a happy guy turns into a kind of dead inside character within the first 30 minutes. Is it fun? In a lot of ways, no. The best literature isn't fun, the best movies aren't fun, and now gaming is growing up. The Last of Us elevates gaming from fun to excellence.

I love it because it depresses me, I love it because it makes me so tense that I can't play anymore, love it because it makes me laugh, I love it because it devastes me, I love it because it frustrates me by ignoring my expectations, I love it because it is beautiful, I love it because it's hard, I love it because it stabs me in the heart, and because the violence doesn't make me feel good, it makes me feel disgusted.  It is the opposite of a bullet hell shooter but even more frantic. I love it because the story and gameplay combine to make me feel the entire range of emotions, besides the customary "wheeeee!". 

And it does all of that while being a complete masterpiece of music, graphics, sound, voice acting, gameplay and character animation.

People say that they are being let down because it isn't living up to the hype. I'd say the exact opposite is happening. Everyone who says that seems like they were just expecting another video game, albeit a really good one. They aren't perceiving the world through the eyes of the character, they're just saying "well, that was sad, and I don't want to feel sad". When people told them The Last of Us was one of the best games ever, they took that to mean that The Last of Us made you feel better than other games do. But it doesn't, it just makes you feel more than any other game.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 31 of 58 (234 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/20/2008
Online
3748 posts
 

Re: I finally got a chance to start playing The Last of Us and...

Jan 11, 2014

socom69 wrote:

After only a couple minutes of playtime, it's already way better than Resogun.


After the first 2 minutes of playing TLOU I turned it off and did not come back to it for almost 2 months. I was not impressed with it and honestly did not plan to play it ever again. Out of boredom, I decided to plow through the first couple of levels and the more I played, the more I seemed to dislike it, but I persisted. Eventually I started to get into the story and the survival aspect of the game. TLOU now not only ranks as my favorite PS3 game, but my favorite video game in 35+ year of gaming.

Message 32 of 58 (228 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/09/2013
Offline
70 posts
 

Re: I finally got a chance to start playing The Last of Us and...

Jan 11, 2014

I totally agree. Ive been gameing since Clecovision and this is also  the best game I ever played. I finished it so long ago and still thin about it daily . cant wait for their new IP whatever it is.

Message 33 of 58 (223 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/31/2013
Offline
133 posts
 

Re: I finally got a chance to start playing The Last of Us and...

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

seraphim_falconu wrote:
I love it because a happy guy turns into a kind of dead inside character within the first 30 minutes. Is it fun? In a lot of ways, no. The best literature isn't fun, the best movies aren't fun, and now gaming is growing up. The Last of Us elevates gaming from fun to excellence.


I love it because it depresses me, I love it because it makes me so tense that I can't play anymore, love it because it makes me laugh, I love it because it devastes me, I love it because it frustrates me by ignoring my expectations, I love it because it is beautiful, I love it because it's hard, I love it because it stabs me in the heart, and because the violence doesn't make me feel good, it makes me feel disgusted.  It is the opposite of a bullet hell shooter but even more frantic. I love it because the story and gameplay combine to make me feel the entire range of emotions, besides the customary "wheeeee!". 

And it does all of that while being a complete masterpiece of music, graphics, sound, voice acting, gameplay and character animation.

People say that they are being let down because it isn't living up to the hype. I'd say the exact opposite is happening. Everyone who says that seems like they were just expecting another video game, albeit a really good one. They aren't perceiving the world through the eyes of the character, they're just saying "well, that was sad, and I don't want to feel sad". When people told them The Last of Us was one of the best games ever, they took that to mean that The Last of Us made you feel better than other games do. But it doesn't, it just makes you feel more than any other game.


Story wise, give this guy a hand. I like dark stories. I like stories that make you think and don't always make you happy. I don't see why every story has to have a good ending and it's great to see a game story that actually doesn't do the, "must end happily" trope. For me it's more interesting and yes, more fun to play.


Also, I did enjoy the gameplay. I only played on normal but I will say that I think it was actually too generous with ammo (only because I noticed you really didn't run out of ammo, it was an illusion of scarcity because if you used one type of ammo a lot, you'd find more of it, you just wouldn't find much ammo of another type you didn't use much. I found as long as I used it, I could eventually find more. I think the game calculated what you needed when you found items and would tend to have a higher chance of spawning what you needed when you found stuff). But, still, even with the illusion it was enough to make me feel like conserving (just wasn't as tight with ammo as before but I tend to go overboard on being stingy with item use in games... I'm the person who ends up with 99 healing potions at the last boss).

 

I liked the stealth mechanic and I liked that it encouraged you to be stealthy and conserve what you had rather than just go out and out fight everyone (But I believe if you really wanted you could play that way too, but I liked its feel of more of a survival game than a just shoot them up game).


Also, what I really liked and what made it a masterpiece for me, the story was told very well while playing the game. You learned the story as you played and it was integrated into the gameplay. Not many games manage to do that well (Bioshock INfinite is a good example of a game totally failing in that regard, story was a reward for getting through bashing through enemies). It made it very immersive, and as the person above said, I couldn't play the game for more than a few hours cause I would have to take a break, it really got to me. And I *LOVED* that. When I was playing the game, it was very much had me feel like I was in that world, and one big reason why was the story was learned as you played. Even the little tidbits you picked up they did a decently good job of making realistic (little notes and stuff). Not always but a lot of the notes felt like stuff you could find lying around, and not just obvious stuff left to tell you a story. They didn't do a perfect job but honestly they did a helluva lot better job with that than most games I've played where it is more obvious those little tidbits left around are conveniently there for you to learn story.


I could see where some one looking for a happy game that doesnt' want one too serious might dislike it. Or wants a more shoot them up game. That's fine, it's not your style. But that doesn't make it a bad game. It just makes it a bad game for that person looking for a shoot em up or happy game. Not everyone is going to like the same thing. But keep in mind just cause you dislike it doesn't necessarily make it bad.

Message 34 of 58 (206 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14267 posts
 

Re: I finally got a chance to start playing The Last of Us and...

Jan 11, 2014

seraphim_falconu wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Tigress666777 wrote:
Hahahaha. You got me until the dog comment...

Phillyblunz wrote:

TwinDad wrote:

Me too.

 

So far I really like the story even though it reminds me very much of Resident Evil.

 

The game play has been okay. I die allot in the set pieces, but that seems to extend the game time.

 

Maybe I should have not read all the hype, I think it's jaded my perception of the game. BUt I'll soldier on.


Here I will help.

 

This game is pure trash, 10 minutes in and already repeating the same moves over and over, the scenes are too dark and the girl is too young and annoying, never says anything and never trys to help out, I should just leave her on the side of the road.

 

What is this uncharted DLC?  I paid $60 for a new experience not indiana jones goes to visit Will smith in I am Legend!

 

I mean the game is too short, and too easy, and the controls just suck diddlypops.

 

Wheres the ammo?  I keep run and gunning and just get killed again and again!!!  

 

Why is there no dog ai companion?!?!?!  friggen cheap devs cant even make that work I bet, they need to COD this up a lot if they want me to reccomend it.

 

I give this game a 3.1/10, next time I want AI fish and if I dont at least punch a dog you will hear from me!

 

F The Last of Us!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Spoiler

And the hype slowly dissolves.....  I hate getting over hyped and nothing can meet expectations, use my life motto

"Expect the worst and never be dissapointed"

 

 

 


 


I wish that was all serious...

 

I legitimately do not like TLOU's story or concept at all.

 

Still pretty solid multiplayer.


Neil Tyson


 

 

Seriously. What is it with that game?

 

What is honestly so good about it? I kinda somewhat understand if people come up with.. The gameplay is the best I've ever played because.. I actually agree.

 

What is really good about the story? What is fun about watching a happy guy turn into a kind of dead inside character within the first 30 minutes of the game?

 

I'd like it explained. If I could be invested in the character I'd probably enjoy it because from a design perspective it's awesome. It's just that script that I have trouble even understanding why it's like that.

 

Trust me. I don't want to dislike it. When electing to ignore the story I can somewhat enjoy just killing things randomly. But isn't that just like I'm playing COD?

 


I love it because a happy guy turns into a kind of dead inside character within the first 30 minutes. Is it fun? In a lot of ways, no. The best literature isn't fun, the best movies aren't fun, and now gaming is growing up. The Last of Us elevates gaming from fun to excellence.

I love it because it depresses me, I love it because it makes me so tense that I can't play anymore, love it because it makes me laugh, I love it because it devastes me, I love it because it frustrates me by ignoring my expectations, I love it because it is beautiful, I love it because it's hard, I love it because it stabs me in the heart, and because the violence doesn't make me feel good, it makes me feel disgusted.  It is the opposite of a bullet hell shooter but even more frantic. I love it because the story and gameplay combine to make me feel the entire range of emotions, besides the customary "wheeeee!". 

And it does all of that while being a complete masterpiece of music, graphics, sound, voice acting, gameplay and character animation.

People say that they are being let down because it isn't living up to the hype. I'd say the exact opposite is happening. Everyone who says that seems like they were just expecting another video game, albeit a really good one. They aren't perceiving the world through the eyes of the character, they're just saying "well, that was sad, and I don't want to feel sad". When people told them The Last of Us was one of the best games ever, they took that to mean that The Last of Us made you feel better than other games do. But it doesn't, it just makes you feel more than any other game.


I understand a lot better with that explanation. I completely agree on the music, graphics, sound and gameplay.

 

I actually was expecting a different game. I've always not quite understood why I don't like it yet I do like Heavy Rain which is probably even more depressing.

 

I guess you were right. It was ND. I knew what I was getting from Quantic Dream. From ND I wanted another Uncharted and I was always slightly annoyed that they ditched it so quickly like "last years model".

 

Probably explains why I'd rate Tomb Raider way over the top of The Last of Us too since there was a hunt for something, there was some fun, some sadness, it was Uncharted basically. Uncharted with a really crap multiplayer.

 

So yeah.. I'm probably exactly as you say. I wanted something else from ND. I was expecting a total copy of Uncharted. Well I got what I want in some areas. The gameplay didn't stray too far away and felt like Uncharted minus climbing. Just an enhanced Uncharted though.

 

I still didn't like the story though... Because I associate fun, adventure and cheesy villains with ND and not what I got with TLOU. It's fine when Quantic Dream do it because they always have and I don't know anything different from them. But when the day comes when they release a game that isn't emotionally filled I guess I'll be disappointed in them too. None of the games in ND's library are like that so... I kind of expected to be blasting infected while listening to awesome one liners from Joel. Nah... Didn't get what I wanted at all really.

 

Just like when Resident Evil 4 was released I was extremely angry at Capcom. I'm still angry at them for that... That wasn't what anyone expected... For better or worse in my case I'd go for worse. Sure I'm quite aware it's thought of as one of the best games of all time and the best Resident Evil game.. But It's also the game that took the main plot and devoured it in 30 seconds of opening screen cutscene. I was invested in the story until they snatched my investment away.

 

It just appears that looking over everything.. I don't like developers changing their style of game or the stories they produce. They lure you in with something you love so you buy their other games and then when you notice they aren't even remotely the same it's too late because you already bought it.

 



Message 35 of 58 (191 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/31/2005
Offline
8661 posts
 

Re: I finally got a chance to start playing The Last of Us and...

Jan 11, 2014

Aureilia wrote:
I understand a lot better with that explanation. I completely agree on the music, graphics, sound and gameplay.

 

I actually was expecting a different game. I've always not quite understood why I don't like it yet I do like Heavy Rain which is probably even more depressing.

 

I guess you were right. It was ND. I knew what I was getting from Quantic Dream. From ND I wanted another Uncharted and I was always slightly annoyed that they ditched it so quickly like "last years model".

 

Probably explains why I'd rate Tomb Raider way over the top of The Last of Us too since there was a hunt for something, there was some fun, some sadness, it was Uncharted basically. Uncharted with a really crap multiplayer.

 

So yeah.. I'm probably exactly as you say. I wanted something else from ND. I was expecting a total copy of Uncharted. Well I got what I want in some areas. The gameplay didn't stray too far away and felt like Uncharted minus climbing. Just an enhanced Uncharted though.

 

I still didn't like the story though... Because I associate fun, adventure and cheesy villains with ND and not what I got with TLOU. It's fine when Quantic Dream do it because they always have and I don't know anything different from them. But when the day comes when they release a game that isn't emotionally filled I guess I'll be disappointed in them too. None of the games in ND's library are like that so... I kind of expected to be blasting infected while listening to awesome one liners from Joel. Nah... Didn't get what I wanted at all really.

 

Just like when Resident Evil 4 was released I was extremely angry at Capcom. I'm still angry at them for that... That wasn't what anyone expected... For better or worse in my case I'd go for worse. Sure I'm quite aware it's thought of as one of the best games of all time and the best Resident Evil game.. But It's also the game that took the main plot and devoured it in 30 seconds of opening screen cutscene. I was invested in the story until they snatched my investment away.

 

It just appears that looking over everything.. I don't like developers changing their style of game or the stories they produce. They lure you in with something you love so you buy their other games and then when you notice they aren't even remotely the same it's too late because you already bought it.

 


I would rather developers challenge my expectations of what I think there games are, I wouldn't want them to pump out the same game under a different name. I want them to tackle different subjects and genres, not sticking to one thing all the time because that is what is expected of them.

 

In regards to Naughty Dog, did you not get upset when they moved away from the cartoony platformers they were known for and started making games about Human characters, using real world weapons, killing other Human characters in Uncharted? TLoU is a natural progression for them, moving on to more adult themes/ subject matters.

 

Out of curiosity, did you see any trailers to TLoU before getting the game? They did seem to paint a clear picture that this was a different beast from Uncharted. They didn't cheat you because they went on to do something different than what you expect from them, they put out trailers and interviews and previews, that all showed what the game was going to be about, you didn't have to buy the game.

 

With Resident Evil 4 I can see where you are coming from, even though I enjoyed it, it did sort of set the series down this road to a more action orientated focus. However, it isn't the same as expecting TLoU to be like Uncharted. Resident Evil 4 was a sequel, so you are bound to have certain expectations going into it, whereas TLoU and Uncharted are completely different series. Smiley Mad

Message 36 of 58 (182 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14267 posts
 

Re: I finally got a chance to start playing The Last of Us and...

Jan 12, 2014

VR_F0X wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I understand a lot better with that explanation. I completely agree on the music, graphics, sound and gameplay.

 

I actually was expecting a different game. I've always not quite understood why I don't like it yet I do like Heavy Rain which is probably even more depressing.

 

I guess you were right. It was ND. I knew what I was getting from Quantic Dream. From ND I wanted another Uncharted and I was always slightly annoyed that they ditched it so quickly like "last years model".

 

Probably explains why I'd rate Tomb Raider way over the top of The Last of Us too since there was a hunt for something, there was some fun, some sadness, it was Uncharted basically. Uncharted with a really crap multiplayer.

 

So yeah.. I'm probably exactly as you say. I wanted something else from ND. I was expecting a total copy of Uncharted. Well I got what I want in some areas. The gameplay didn't stray too far away and felt like Uncharted minus climbing. Just an enhanced Uncharted though.

 

I still didn't like the story though... Because I associate fun, adventure and cheesy villains with ND and not what I got with TLOU. It's fine when Quantic Dream do it because they always have and I don't know anything different from them. But when the day comes when they release a game that isn't emotionally filled I guess I'll be disappointed in them too. None of the games in ND's library are like that so... I kind of expected to be blasting infected while listening to awesome one liners from Joel. Nah... Didn't get what I wanted at all really.

 

Just like when Resident Evil 4 was released I was extremely angry at Capcom. I'm still angry at them for that... That wasn't what anyone expected... For better or worse in my case I'd go for worse. Sure I'm quite aware it's thought of as one of the best games of all time and the best Resident Evil game.. But It's also the game that took the main plot and devoured it in 30 seconds of opening screen cutscene. I was invested in the story until they snatched my investment away.

 

It just appears that looking over everything.. I don't like developers changing their style of game or the stories they produce. They lure you in with something you love so you buy their other games and then when you notice they aren't even remotely the same it's too late because you already bought it.

 


I would rather developers challenge my expectations of what I think there games are, I wouldn't want them to pump out the same game under a different name. I want them to tackle different subjects and genres, not sticking to one thing all the time because that is what is expected of them.

 

In regards to Naughty Dog, did you not get upset when they moved away from the cartoony platformers they were known for and started making games about Human characters, using real world weapons, killing other Human characters in Uncharted? TLoU is a natural progression for them, moving on to more adult themes/ subject matters.

 

Out of curiosity, did you see any trailers to TLoU before getting the game? They did seem to paint a clear picture that this was a different beast from Uncharted. They didn't cheat you because they went on to do something different than what you expect from them, they put out trailers and interviews and previews, that all showed what the game was going to be about, you didn't have to buy the game.

 

With Resident Evil 4 I can see where you are coming from, even though I enjoyed it, it did sort of set the series down this road to a more action orientated focus. However, it isn't the same as expecting TLoU to be like Uncharted. Resident Evil 4 was a sequel, so you are bound to have certain expectations going into it, whereas TLoU and Uncharted are completely different series. Smiley Mad


The issue was that I didn't trust ND before Uncharted came along. I borrowed the second Uncharted from a friend which was what brought me in.

 

As for TLOU. I saw the trailers. I also saw Uncharted trailers in the past too. I didn't get the hint from either one that they were going to be serious, non serious or really anything other than the basic, this is a fortune hunter game and this is a infected game.

 

Honestly ND had taken so long to even talk about Uncharted again at that point I had given up on it and thought that TLOU would be a copy of it because Uncharted was dead since they didn't even want to discuss it like they were ashamed of it or something.

 

Much like EA do with Battlefield and Medal of Honor, both are the same game well suited to fans of either one, Much like Activision's Bond games are suited to people who play the Activision CoD's (Not including Blood Stone, but the dev team got fired for that awesome game)

 

It's not totally uncommon for developers to rehash games over and over under different names.


Resident Evil / Dino Crisis was another one, both exactly the same just swapping out Dino's for Zombies. They both even had advanced copying of each other where both games went into Light Gun status.

 

Rockstar do it too. GTA / RDR / Max Payne / Bully all of which are completely identical. They even have the same character concepts, people get messed with people get payback and so on.

 

I've pretty much been trained to think the way I do by the games I've ended up buying which have been identical to other games, all by the same developers usually.

 

I find it hard to completely blame myself when the industry has been feeding me the concept for many years.

 



Message 37 of 58 (178 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 12/29/2003
Online
12491 posts
 

Re: I finally got a chance to start playing The Last of Us and...

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

Seriously. What is it with that game?

 

What is honestly so good about it? I kinda somewhat understand if people come up with.. The gameplay is the best I've ever played because.. I actually agree.

 

What is really good about the story? What is fun about watching a happy guy turn into a kind of dead inside character within the first 30 minutes of the game?

 

I'd like it explained. If I could be invested in the character I'd probably enjoy it because from a design perspective it's awesome. It's just that script that I have trouble even understanding why it's like that.

 

Trust me. I don't want to dislike it. When electing to ignore the story I can somewhat enjoy just killing things randomly. But isn't that just like I'm playing COD?

 


 

I like The Last of Us because it isn’t a run-of-the-mill shooter title. It doesn’t encourage me to run into a room with guns blazing and I like to think that it rewards me for playing it like a stealth video game (I don't really care if that is actually true or not). It also has some pretty dark and creepy moments, which I will naturally embrace as a survival horror gamer. I enjoy tense atmospheres and unsettling elements. I don’t always play video games to have fun or to unwind. Sometimes I really do play the most nerve-wracking video games imaginable (for a challenge or just for the experience). I find The Last of Us offers a very welcome experience for someone who is sick and tired of seeing developers turn their backs on the survival horror genre. I don’t feel comfortable calling The Last of Us a survival horror video game because it really is just a survival action experience (e.g., an action/adventure video game) but it does a better job at making the player feel uneasy than anything that Capcom has been able to create in several years.

 

I enjoy dark and serious video games. Some of my favorite video games can be pretty depressing when it comes to exploring their themes and concepts. I wasn’t expecting this from The Last of Us but I am pleasantly surprised with what this video game has to offer. I’m not a huge fan of its storyline or its characters but I like the world that Naughty Dog has created here. In my honest opinion, everything seems to go hand in hand so I don’t have a problem with its storyline or any of its characters. Some of them probably swear too much but that isn't a very big deal. I think The Last of Us is a well-rounded video game but there are quite a few video games that I enjoy more than it either because they are more fun or simply more enjoyable.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 38 of 58 (176 Views)
MVP Support
Registered: 12/29/2003
Online
12491 posts
 

Re: I finally got a chance to start playing The Last of Us and...

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

I understand a lot better with that explanation. I completely agree on the music, graphics, sound and gameplay.

 

I actually was expecting a different game. I've always not quite understood why I don't like it yet I do like Heavy Rain which is probably even more depressing.

 

I guess you were right. It was ND. I knew what I was getting from Quantic Dream. From ND I wanted another Uncharted and I was always slightly annoyed that they ditched it so quickly like "last years model".

 

Probably explains why I'd rate Tomb Raider way over the top of The Last of Us too since there was a hunt for something, there was some fun, some sadness, it was Uncharted basically. Uncharted with a really crap multiplayer.

 

So yeah.. I'm probably exactly as you say. I wanted something else from ND. I was expecting a total copy of Uncharted. Well I got what I want in some areas. The gameplay didn't stray too far away and felt like Uncharted minus climbing. Just an enhanced Uncharted though.

 

I still didn't like the story though... Because I associate fun, adventure and cheesy villains with ND and not what I got with TLOU. It's fine when Quantic Dream do it because they always have and I don't know anything different from them. But when the day comes when they release a game that isn't emotionally filled I guess I'll be disappointed in them too. None of the games in ND's library are like that so... I kind of expected to be blasting infected while listening to awesome one liners from Joel. Nah... Didn't get what I wanted at all really.

 

Just like when Resident Evil 4 was released I was extremely angry at Capcom. I'm still angry at them for that... That wasn't what anyone expected... For better or worse in my case I'd go for worse. Sure I'm quite aware it's thought of as one of the best games of all time and the best Resident Evil game.. But It's also the game that took the main plot and devoured it in 30 seconds of opening screen cutscene. I was invested in the story until they snatched my investment away.

 

It just appears that looking over everything.. I don't like developers changing their style of game or the stories they produce. They lure you in with something you love so you buy their other games and then when you notice they aren't even remotely the same it's too late because you already bought it.

 


 

I have stopped looking for certain experiences from certain developers. The logos (e.g., trademarks or company names) that are slapped onto video games no longer carry any weight for me when it comes to making new video game purchases. I don't give people free rides anymore. I think I have always liked video games from Naughty Dog but if there is one thing that I have learned from developers and publishers over the years it is that their directions and their expectations can change drastically and that I might not always like what they have to offer. There is also a very real possibility that I might give completely "unknown" companies and their completely "unknown" projects (e.g., indie video games) a chance and really enjoy them.

 

I would very much like to say, "Oh, [insert my favorite video game company] makes the best video games in the world! I’m really looking forward to [insert the next video game that they are working on]!" The reality of the situation though is that different people might be working for that company now and they might have completely different visions than the ones that I fell in love with years ago in some of my favorite video games from them.

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 39 of 58 (173 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2010
Online
13132 posts
 

Re: I finally got a chance to start playing The Last of Us and...

Jan 12, 2014
Auriella doesn't know what a new IP is. Move along folks!
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 40 of 58 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes