Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 04 2013
By: Techni Fender Bender 3458 posts

I got Toro's Friend Network for Vita

24 replies 2000 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

What I don't like is that it's based around adding complete strangers to your PSN friends list. I hate strangers on my list.

It's like a combination of 3DS's Find Mii, and Warcraft, if you can imagine it. There's an RPG mode which I imagine is like Find Mii's, but you can't play it for the first 24 hours which is a really stupid design decision. And it involves the friend collecting, except you can't collect a transfinite amount like on 3DS, since they have to be added to your friends list which has a limit of 100 (I have over a 1000 Find Mii characters. Thank you Anime North) and you can only send 10 friend requests a day from within the game (existing contacts don't count, but they do show up in your lobby to encourage you to add them)

There's items you can buy (using real money, or the virtual currency you get in the game) like different player cards, lamination for the cards (seriously?) outfits, and potions that all change your stats for the RPG. When you first open the program you choose between 1 of 3 classes (like Find Mii's outfit colors) Brains, Brawn or Artist.

Now for the Warcraft stuff. You start out with one area, and you can buy more with the virtual currency if you have enough friends. Each area has 4 corners, which have their own job tree and you assign one of your friends to do the job. Different classes/levels of characters can do certain jobs faster, as the job takes place in real time. If that person is online at the same time as you assign them, they can opt to "Hustle" which completes the job immediately. Characters level up as they do jobs, and you share the monetary reward with the actual person. If you use a lower-level character, you get a bigger reward (encouraging you to spread the wealth)

This game seems very OCD unfriendly, as it's pure collecting so far. Graphically it looks identical to the PS3 Toro "games", and I'm very glad they left his speech as Nyaa, rather than translating him to Meow.

The RPG (which I can't play yet) does seem similar to Find Mii. Kuro (the black version of Toro) gets kidnapped and you have to rescue him. It costs virtual currency to enter the dungeon, and any character you take in can't replay it for 24 hours. So this very much seems like a "freemium" game, as you can buy money from PSN, or even items to speed up the respawn time.

I don't know if it has trophies. It'd be ironic if it didn't since the new painting app does, and it is far less involving.

Message 1 of 25 (2,000 Views)
Fender Bender
3458 posts

Re: I got Toro's Friend Network for Vita

Jun 4, 2013

It also integrates with Twitter/Facebook to show people who are on either of those friends lists, and PSN's, and shows their posts in-game so you can rate them (good ratings send stat bonuses)

Message 2 of 25 (1,995 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5660 posts

Jun 4, 2013
That's pretty neat.

Message 3 of 25 (1,980 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2496 posts

Jun 5, 2013

An easy way to tell if a game has trophies is to go onto the trophy page as soon as you start. I don't think it does though but that doesn't matter too much. Is there in-game chatting?

Message 4 of 25 (1,926 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3458 posts

Jun 5, 2013

No trophies (very ironic...), no in-game chatting

I hope Sony reads this:

Its very addictive. Can you please:

-Add Google Plus support
-Automatically import people on your friends list into the game
-Get Sony to let you post pics on LiveArea, and remove the 20 comment limit
-Speed up the GUI, I have 25 friends in the game, and I cant keep up anymore. I’d like to be able to hold R to speed up text and auto-click OK buttons. Or even make a faster menu system altogether where you can manage everyone instead of on a one-to-one basis. There’s even some OK buttons that don’t respond to the X button! I’m literally in a loop of managing only 3 areas, cause by the time I’m done one, another has !!’s waiting. Perhaps remove a lot of the popups? I feel like Sisyphus
-There are times Toro says meow instead of Nyaa, can you please change them to Nyaa?
-Remove the 24 hour waiting period to use people in the S&M dungeon. That really puts a damper on the game
-The PSN store wont let me buy coins, cause I want the pink sorcerer outfit…
-Let us collect friends without adding them to our PSN list, I don’t like strangers on it
-It claims my friend’s Hustle reduced work time by X minutes, but they keep working. Shouldn’t them being done, mean they are done?

Message 5 of 25 (1,905 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3651 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Message 6 of 25 (1,901 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Just got this. I got a question, though.  In my profile (Character Info), down at the Recent Tweets display, it's telling me that I cannot receive tweets.  How do I make it so that I can receive tweets?  I already connected my twitter account.  Is there something else I'm supposed to do?

Message 7 of 25 (1,882 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 5, 2013
I'm actually liking the game so far but I didn't hook up Facebook. I've changed my mind...I want to hook up Facebook. How do I do this?!
Message 8 of 25 (1,845 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2496 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Techni wrote:

No trophies (very ironic...), no in-game chatting

I hope Sony reads this:

Its very addictive. Can you please:

-Add Google Plus support
-Automatically import people on your friends list into the game
-Get Sony to let you post pics on LiveArea, and remove the 20 comment limit
-Speed up the GUI, I have 25 friends in the game, and I cant keep up anymore. I’d like to be able to hold R to speed up text and auto-click OK buttons. Or even make a faster menu system altogether where you can manage everyone instead of on a one-to-one basis. There’s even some OK buttons that don’t respond to the X button! I’m literally in a loop of managing only 3 areas, cause by the time I’m done one, another has !!’s waiting. Perhaps remove a lot of the popups? I feel like Sisyphus
-There are times Toro says meow instead of Nyaa, can you please change them to Nyaa?
-Remove the 24 hour waiting period to use people in the S&M dungeon. That really puts a damper on the game
-The PSN store wont let me buy coins, cause I want the pink sorcerer outfit…
-Let us collect friends without adding them to our PSN list, I don’t like strangers on it
-It claims my friend’s Hustle reduced work time by X minutes, but they keep working. Shouldn’t them being done, mean they are done?

I really want this to be implemented. I already had 100 friends so I just have to hope the people on my friend list play this. So far I'm stuck at five...

Message 9 of 25 (1,781 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2496 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

DrApollo wrote:
I'm actually liking the game so far but I didn't hook up Facebook. I've changed my mind...I want to hook up Facebook. How do I do this?!

In your Garden go into your settings and then into SNS (or something) settings. Then you can hook up Facebook.

@Sakura

Have you Tweeted anything before?

Message 10 of 25 (1,779 Views)
0 Likes