Apr 24 2013
By: temporarysnforme First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

I got banned by a 12 year old, and only have one profile.

[ Edited ]
30 replies 855 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

A few nights ago I got an angry message after winning a game, based on his quickness to drop the N bomb, while calling me a **bleep** I assumed he was young. I responded roughly the same only ending it with “keep it with civil”, thinking for some reason that would either get him to stop, or at least be more civil. As you may have expected, of course it didn’t work, and it went on for a while until I finally got his last message thinking it was over. The next day when I signed in I got message telling me my account was banned or suspended. This annoys me because I wasn’t the aggressor, or instigator, and what’s worse is now because I’m banned, I cant even complain back. So I made this profile and have been trying with no luck to get in touch with someone from Playstation who can at least read the messages, or explain why I got banned, or at the very least ban this kid who I’m sure is currently harassing someone else and laughing his **bleep** off about it. Maybe just at least tell me if I’m only suspended, and how long it will be. Anyone know how this kind of thing works?  

Edit: removed profanity

U--J

Message 1 of 31 (855 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: I got banned by a 12 year old, and only have one profile.

Apr 25, 2013

you should get a msg in your email for that id for that account explaining the reason and how long...when it comes to reporting players and they both cuss at each other it comes down to who reports who first...thats just the way it works

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 2 of 31 (850 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Apr 25, 2013
Honestly you just screwed up. I don't know why people get hot tempered with people they don't even know or met. There's nothing you can do, you broke Sony rules and just got banned. You should of just ignored his message and reported him and he would of been gone. I don't think there's a solution for you getting unbanned, instigator or not the reason for you getting banned holds up. As for getting him banned. hm that's tricky because you can't report him. I don't think you can but if you plead with Sony, maybe...but i doubt it.
Message 3 of 31 (849 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1486 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

Receiving multiple messages from him and did not choose to block him?  Ive received many angry messages from Call of Duty. I usually just reply "LOL" then proceed to block them or dont reply at all. Should of just been the bigger man and left it alone from the start, laugh it off because in the end you won.

Message 4 of 31 (842 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3135 posts

Apr 25, 2013
You can call Sony and speak with them about the situation. That's just all you can do. BTW what game was it?
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 5 of 31 (838 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2530 posts

Apr 25, 2013
You don't get angry on the Internet. You should've never entered a pissing contest in the first place. You earned your ban~.
Message 6 of 31 (822 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 25, 2013

i could be wrong but i seriously believe when a msg is reported,Sony only sees that specific msg and not the whole conversation,now i could be wrong but i don't think i am..

i have seen friends do this over and over,they will report right off the bat then go back and give that person hell and they never get banned because they reported first...it's a flawed system but this is how i have always seen it..

i have been known to give a few people grief myself lol,but i will not use my main acct to do so and when they msg cussing me back on that acct. you can report them again..or even do it multiple times and those little 12 year old punks will take the bait everytime and then they wonder..."why did i get a console ban".........like i said it's a very flawed system

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 7 of 31 (805 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18045 posts

Apr 25, 2013

You didnt get banned by a "12 year old" you got banned by said 12 year old reporting you, and if Im correct in assuming the way SONY handles these things, he was banned as well.

This is incredilby humorus to me, you sort of deserved it. I mean, if you are so much more mature than him, why not simply ignore him/block him? The fact that you "responed similarly" makes you no better than him.

Happy gaming.

Message 8 of 31 (800 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7021 posts

Apr 25, 2013

PSN Terms of Service says:

You must not take any action that Sony considers to be disruptive to PSN. You must not stalk, bully, abuse or harass other users. This includes any action that is racially, ethnically, sexually or religiously demeaning or offensive; defamatory, threatening or discriminatory; sexually explicit; illegal; or uses or promotes hate speech, violent behaviour or illegal substances. Breach of these Conditions may result in suspension or termination of your account and/or access to Sony Online Network.

If somebody sends you a message with curse words in it and you report them, they will get banned. If you reply and send a message with curse words in it and they report you, YOU will get banned.

IT'S JUST THAT SIMPLE.

tumblr_mh9cogeWKF1qfk87to1_500.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 9 of 31 (781 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Apr 25, 2013

to me I don't put up with that crap..  I just block them and don't respond to them at all if it happens, sooo in other words don't get offended by them and don't respond to them it just makes things worse

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 10 of 31 (766 Views)
0 Likes