May 31 2005
By: iLoveBoth~ Wastelander 701 posts

I love Playstation but...

37 replies 9 views Edited May 31, 2005
I'm worried that Sony may be up to their same old tricks again. I am of course talking about the huge hype made about the PS2 and the "toy story" like graphics. Supposed 70 million polygons that got decreased to 7 million. Everything they've spoken of so far looks really good on paper, but the fact of the matter is, the PS3 is still vaporware. We have no idea how all these big numbers Sony is throwing out will actually pan out when it's released. They lied last time and it made them millions. There's no reason why they couldn't be again. Don't take this to be anti-sony or pro-microsoft because I love both (see screenname). I also plan to buy both, though I'll most likely wait for PS3 since it'll be around 465 dollars.
Oh, and you can stop reading my post now.
Message 1 of 38 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3028 posts

Re: I love Playstation but...

May 31, 2005

iLoveBoth wrote:
I'm worried that Sony may be up to their same old tricks again. I am of course talking about the huge hype made about the PS2 and the "toy story" like graphics. Supposed 70 million polygons that got decreased to 7 million. Everything they've spoken of so far looks really good on paper, but the fact of the matter is, the PS3 is still vaporware. We have no idea how all these big numbers Sony is throwing out will actually pan out when it's released. They lied last time and it made them millions. There's no reason why they couldn't be again. Don't take this to be anti-sony or pro-microsoft because I love both (see screenname). I also plan to buy both, though I'll most likely wait for PS3 since it'll be around 465 dollars.

And, where do you come up with that figure? Like in research, citing your sources (or stating that it's your own speculation) is helpful.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My Japanese name 川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean)
Message 2 of 38 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
701 posts

May 31, 2005
Are you talking about the polygon figure? Because I remember them unveiling the PS2 and claiming that it had 70 million polygons. When the system was released, it only had 7 million. I'm sorry but I can't cite the source at the moment.
Message 3 of 38 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3028 posts

May 31, 2005

iLoveBoth wrote:
Are you talking about the polygon figure? Because I remember them unveiling the PS2 and claiming that it had 70 million polygons. When the system was released, it only had 7 million. I'm sorry but I can't cite the source at the moment.

More the price, especially seeing as there have been reports on IGN and such saying that the price for the PS3 at launch should be in line with the price of both the PS2 and PSone at their launches ($300).

Message 4 of 38 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
701 posts

May 31, 2005
I am not here to piss off anyone. I love Playstation, I love Xbox; hell I even love Gamecube. I'm what you can call a multi-platform fanboy. I'm saying that the PS3 is very impressive, I'm just hoping they don't cut corners like they did with PS2. I love Sony, but I don't follow them blindly. As is I don't follow Microsoft blindly. I know they both are going to hype the hell out of their machines, and I also know that in the end both systems will end up being a lot closer together in graphical performance than we think. Also, both systems have a great lineup of games.

360 - Gears of War, PGR3, Halo 3, PDZ, Oblivion

PS3 - FF12, GT5, DMC4, MGS4, Tekken 6

Both have great stuff to offer.
Message 5 of 38 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3165 posts

May 31, 2005

,iLoveBoth wrote:

70 million RAW....20 million textured.....7 million.........never
_________________________________________________________________A Mastermind sees it coming before it comes
Message 6 of 38 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

May 31, 2005

,iLoveBoth wrote:
I am not here to piss off anyone. I love Playstation, I love Xbox; hell I even love Gamecube. I'm what you can call a multi-platform fanboy. I'm saying that the PS3 is very impressive, I'm just hoping they don't cut corners like they did with PS2. I love Sony, but I don't follow them blindly. As is I don't follow Microsoft blindly. I know they both are going to hype the hell out of their machines, and I also know that in the end both systems will end up being a lot closer together in graphical performance than we think. Also, both systems have a great lineup of games.

Get out of here, Really!,
Message 7 of 38 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
701 posts

May 31, 2005
Why should I get out of here, because I'm not a mindless PS3 drone and I can see when a company is overhyping a product. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. It'll still be an awesome system if all the specs pan out.

Message 8 of 38 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3028 posts

May 31, 2005

iLoveBoth wrote:

FF12 will NOT be on PS3 (Square-Enix's release information says PS2), but will release quite possibly at a similar time to the PS3, thus driving the need for backwards compatibility. To convert all of the code to PS3, you'd be looking at another year for the game to release beyond the 2006 release it supposedly has.

Message Edited by Jothom on 05-31-2005 12:49 AM

Message 9 of 38 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
701 posts

May 31, 2005
Hm, I thought it was. Oh well, it still looks to be a great game.
Message 10 of 38 (9 Views)
0 Likes