Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
2955 posts

Re: I love opening my $60 game.

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Maggot5787 wrote:
Oh boo hoo... Whens the last time a game you liked got pulled?

You are so right, how could anybody not like the idea of a company having the ability to make something you paid for disappear. That sounds so great.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 11 of 65 (276 Views)
Welcoming Committee
8953 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

@ Maggot5787: It does happen. And at least people can go to a used game store to find a copy. Can't do the same for games that are pulled from a digital game store.

Message 12 of 65 (270 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13438 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

I don't buy into the digital age at all. I never will either.

The digital age has crippled the music industry already with a struggling lack of sales for the older generation of artist.

Message 13 of 65 (257 Views)
Welcoming Committee
8953 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

The digital age has crippled the music industry already with a struggling lack of sales for the older generation of artist.

That's pretty much me. But as for music, I'm kind of split there. At least with itunes and similar music services (sorry for being ot), you can choose what songs you want to buy (and for the most part) and not have to buy the whole album. That's one big plus for digital music. Not that I'm against getting physical copies (cd's). If it's an artist I really enjoy listening to, then it's worth the buy.

Message 14 of 65 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13438 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Box9Missingo wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

That's pretty much me. But as for music, I'm kind of split there. At least with itunes and similar music services (sorry for being ot), you can choose what songs you want to buy (and for the most part) and not have to buy the whole album. That's one big plus for digital music. Not that I'm against getting physical copies (cd's). If it's an artist I really enjoy listening to, then it's worth the buy.

The problem with the non distribution of music CD's is that the digital age freezes out the older generation. Which means for example you have:

Whoever is still 60+ and in the music industry, that artists fanbase is more than likely also around that age range and due to that the artist suffers in sales, long term may even get dropped for the poor sales.

Sure I'm not saying that will happen with games, not on the scale it has done with the music industry at least, but it will for sure have some impact. I know a few over 40's that are gamers and don't really understand online buying.

Message 15 of 65 (244 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5708 posts

Jul 7, 2013
I have 1578 purchases on the ps store. I currently have 80 games on my ps3 HDD 30 of which are full ps3 games. The only physical game I own is skyrim cause it isnt digital.

Have absolutely no complaints. And quite honestly the lessened clutter is welcome. All my games are in 1 spot accessible at any time. If I want to take a game to a friends house I throw my ps3 in a bag and just use his power and hdmi cord.

That said nothing wrong with physical either.

But in the future digital games are going to be what everyone wants. Eventually when everything is like steam lol
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 16 of 65 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8953 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
I have 1578 purchases on the ps store. I currently have 80 games on my ps3 HDD 30 of which are full ps3 games. The only physical game I own is skyrim cause it isnt digital.

Have absolutely no complaints. And quite honestly the lessened clutter is welcome. All my games are in 1 spot accessible at any time. If I want to take a game to a friends house I throw my ps3 in a bag and just use his power and hdmi cord.

That said nothing wrong with physical either.

But in the future digital games are going to be what everyone wants. Eventually when everything is like steam lol

Not me. Still going to prefer physical copies of games. That's what companies want people to prefer.

Message 17 of 65 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
8953 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Box9Missingo wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

The problem with the non distribution of music CD's is that the digital age freezes out the older generation. Which means for example you have:

Whoever is still 60+ and in the music industry, that artists fanbase is more than likely also around that age range and due to that the artist suffers in sales, long term may even get dropped for the poor sales.

Sure I'm not saying that will happen with games, not on the scale it has done with the music industry at least, but it will for sure have some impact. I know a few over 40's that are gamers and don't really understand online buying.

Understandable, but heck a lot of my music comes from artists from that generation... both of the physical variety and the digital variety. It probably will affect the sales to a point... but vinyl records have come back into vogue. So that makes up for the loss somewhat.

As for games... I don't get that many of them online either. Don't understand the appeal. At least not entirely.

Message 18 of 65 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Believe me... I prefer the disc... But change happens and you gotta sink or swim.
Message 19 of 65 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1352 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I love physical copies. I think I love the convenience of digital more though. Just need a bigger HD at the moment. I keep having to delete stuff and PS+ isn't helping matters! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 20 of 65 (257 Views)
0 Likes