Highlighted
May 06 2014
By: ankur4b First Son 1 posts

I'm a newbie to PS3

[ Edited ]
3 replies 128 views Edited May 6, 2014

Guz...became a proud owner of a ps3 ystrday...thought sme teething problems:
1. I have taken subscription on sony ent...Hw to download games to my laptop(windows 7).
2. Hw to transfer games to my console for playing or mpre apt to use an external storage device to play games

Mod edit: Edited title to be more descriptive and changed labels.  Please click here for label guidelines. Thanks! Winter_Orchid

Message 1 of 4 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12489 posts

Re: I'm a newbie to PS3

May 6, 2014

ankur4b wrote:

1. I have taken subscription on sony ent...Hw to download games to my laptop(windows 7).
2. Hw to transfer games to my console for playing or mpre apt to use an external storage device to play games

Mod edit: Edited title to be more descriptive and changed labels.  Please click here for label guidelines. Thanks! Winter_Orchid

You cant download games to your laptop. Games will only work on the PS3 system. You can not transfer games either. This all due to stop piracy. all you can do is back up your whole PS3 itself. If you were to look at the files you wont see any of your games or anything. PS3 games were designed to play on a PS3 system only.

Skimble photo skimble-o_zps32latisj.gif
Message 2 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

May 6, 2014
Sadly, PS3 does not allow for external game storage. This is an anti piracy measure.
Message 3 of 4 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
614 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014

ankur4b wrote:

First, welcome to the PlayStation nation and the forums @ankur4b  -- prepare to have fun. Games are downloaded directly to the PS3 console itself through the PSN Store. But you can select them to download to your PlayStation system using the PSN Store on your PC's browser, smartphone app, or the PlayStation Vita handheld.

Pro-tip: You can claim free PS+ games without actually downloading them, by starting the download and then cancelling it. You can also select "purchase" on the browser version to claim them. And then you can download them at any point in the future at your discretion. Just make sure you have PS+ or you'll literally purchase the game.

Pro-tip 2: Work on that spelling. Not an insult, just a good idea.

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 4 of 4 (82 Views)
0 Likes