Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Re: I really want a Vita, but......

Mar 11, 2012

Dudimus24 wrote:

DeRAnGeD_666 wrote:

The answer here is really really simple...

If you want to play your PS3 games, play your PS3. The PS3 offers a great gaming experience by itself, with or without a Vita.

If you want to play your Vita games, play your Vita. The Vita offers a great gaming experience by itself, with or without a PS3.

Really, am I the only one that thinks it's that simple?

I get what you're saying, but like I said, I can't always just play my PS3. "Don't get me wrong, I have played a few Vita titles and can confirm that it does have the games to merit the purchase, but for my situation where I don't get to be at home as much as I would like to be, letting me continue my PS3 play is the most appealing aspect of the Vita." So for people in my situation, its not just "that simple" to play my PS3 when I feel like it. Anyway, I'm pretty much beating a dead horse at this point. Like I said, I'll sit back, be patient and see what Sony plans to do.

Well, you might as well buy a Vita since you don't seem to be playing on your PS3 as much as you'd like to. The Vita is a good replacement when you can't use your PS3.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 21 of 53 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Mar 11, 2012

fadi002 wrote:

Dudimus24 wrote:

DeRAnGeD_666 wrote:

The answer here is really really simple...

If you want to play your PS3 games, play your PS3. The PS3 offers a great gaming experience by itself, with or without a Vita.

If you want to play your Vita games, play your Vita. The Vita offers a great gaming experience by itself, with or without a PS3.

Really, am I the only one that thinks it's that simple?

I get what you're saying, but like I said, I can't always just play my PS3. "Don't get me wrong, I have played a few Vita titles and can confirm that it does have the games to merit the purchase, but for my situation where I don't get to be at home as much as I would like to be, letting me continue my PS3 play is the most appealing aspect of the Vita." So for people in my situation, its not just "that simple" to play my PS3 when I feel like it. Anyway, I'm pretty much beating a dead horse at this point. Like I said, I'll sit back, be patient and see what Sony plans to do.

Well, you might as well buy a Vita since you don't seem to be playing on your PS3 as much as you'd like to. The Vita is a good replacement when you can't use your PS3.

My Twitter: TheLastOfUsJoelMy Youtube Channel: EveryClickCounts

Agreed. That was one of the reasons why I got a Vita.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 22 of 53 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 11, 2012

I don't think you understand what Remote Play actually does.  It does not allow you to play PS3 on the go.  What it does is allow the Vita to act as a remote display for the PS3, so your PS3 will stream live video to the device. 

Cross Play is closer to what you're looking for, but requires 2 things:

1)  A game must be released on both the PS3 and Vita, supporting cross play

2)  You must own both copies of the game

If both these conditions are met, you can sync your save data between devices to continue playing where you left off, regardless of whether you play on the PS3 or Vita.

If you're looking to actually have PS3 software running on your Vita, that's never going to happen.  They're two very different systems and require different software.  Some downloadable titles will give you both versions with a single purchase, but they're still separate from each other.

Message 23 of 53 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 11, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

No, you are right this guy just does not have a clue, and this is the only feature that is setting him back, seriously, I read all of his posts and he seems to be a troll and *****. I do not know who told, it would play all ps3 games, but sony never acknowledge that. I thought people finally understood this remote play subject, i guess not and it is pissing me off.

Really dude? I seem like a troll? Considering I own a PS3, PSP, Playstation 3D display, a majority of the 1st party titles, and the fact that I've been a member of this damn site two and half years longer than you have I'd say you can hardly call me a troll. I was just voicing my opinion/excitement for a feature that has been atleast agreeably heavily hinted at, and what I would consider a buying factor for the Vita. And as much as it may piss you off, it is a feature that MANY people would like to see, and is a feature that IS possible AS OF NOW, just not OFFICIALLY. And I'd rather wait for it to come out officially than have to jailbreak my firmware, cause thats just ghetto. Anyways, like I said, I've beat this horse to death, just had to answer this little smug remark (yeah I know, with my own smug remark, look at the irony there.)

fadi002 wrote:

My Twitter: TheLastOfUsJoelMy Youtube Channel: EveryClickCounts

Ha, you know I never really thought of it that way, but I guess that makes sense. Vita even has trophies after all (yes I am a trophy whore) so I have that to consider.

Message 24 of 53 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Lol really that is your defense two and a half years lol really I have been a member since 07 that is a year longer then you have, this is a newer account.

Message 25 of 53 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Hacking is NOT illegal.  Piracy is.  and since it has been proven by hackers that the vita is capable and SONY has advertised KZ3 as playable via remote play....well...we should let sony know we want it.  The op is just not a sucker for shiny things like the rest of us and is instead voting for features with his dollar by not giving it to sony until its a finished product to his satisfaction.

Sheeeeeeesh

Message 26 of 53 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 11, 2012

TMAZT3R wrote:

Lol really that is your defense two and a half years lol really I have been a member since 07 that is a year longer then you have, this is a newer account.

Oh actually this is my new account too, I've been a member since 05. See, I can bull shit too. Either way, I'm just giving my opinion and throwing an idea out there to help improve the Vita, its called constructive critisism dumb ass. If I wanted to be a troll my post would have been "oh vita is totally lame, sony epic fail, people such idiots."

Scoobdude wrote:

Hacking is NOT illegal.  Piracy is.  and since it has been proven by hackers that the vita is capable and SONY has advertised KZ3 as playable via remote play....well...we should let sony know we want it.  The op is just not a sucker for shiny things like the rest of us and is instead voting for features with his dollar by not giving it to sony until its a finished product to his satisfaction.

Sheeeeeeesh

Haha thank you! Finally someone gets what I'm saying. I swear if you aren't part of the circle jerk around here then your automatically labeled a troll or a dumb ass.

Message 27 of 53 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Mar 12, 2012

I realize that this might seem a little tangitial to the thread but Remote play does allow you to hit up you PSOne (most) and Minis right now.

I know we are all hoping for the day that full PS3 titles will be able to get used on remote play. I think Lair actually worked for this with the PSP, but studios have to work on this as much as Sony.

Personally I want to see the vita being used as a tactical add on for Strat or FPS games. Kinda like a touch screen hud for players to check maps or select weapons while playing bigger games.

1)I think it would make WoW type MMO's more playable putting the actions (or whatever those spell/special ability boxes all around the screen are called) on there while the controller is used for movement on screen.

2)In fps it would be real handy to be able to activate different maps, vision enhancers, side menus and on and on with the vita screen leaving the main screen uncluttered for fighting.

3)In RTS's (very hard to handle on a console, ask red faction) it wouldbe a great interface for choosing builds, grouping units, looking at status updates, setting up research models, etc.

I am with most that I would like to be able to play some of my digital content on the vita while out and about. With a current max of 32 gigs, I see my mem sticks growing in number very quickly, so anything I can keep on the 500 gig drive at home would make my life easier.

LLP

Alacrity

AlacrityFitz Trophy Card
Message 28 of 53 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Mar 12, 2012

I can see both sides of this argument. Sony did announce at E3 that it would have remote play functionality. Now the legality behind closed doors between Sony and devs are things that are still rumored and unless you are a dev you truly do not know what the verdict is.. I personally bought the Vita for remote play also. I think that as I am playing multiplayer battlefield,.walking around my house, using the restroom, etc would be a huge advantage for me. They did announce it, period.

I have a feeling that remote play is going to be confined to a home wifi setup for most of the games though. The internet lag would make things way to difficult to even play at this point. Just for textures you have to downlad a gig or two of info to play on a PS3. With the Vita having no internal memory this makes things difficult via a non private network setup to stream that much info. A home network would be a faster processing for everything.

the other side:

It is not the only reason I bought my Vita though. It is such an amazing piece of tech. The games are amazing. And for Sony remember that the first couple of years hardware does not make money. The most common comparison is a smartphone. "Why buy a Vita at $350 when I can buy a smartphone for $299 on avarage". Smartphones under subsidy are uncomparable to a non contract Vita. If AT&T did a two year contract Vita they would be around $50 in an apples to apples comparison.

For sony to make money we need to buy games. Software sales is how they make a profit and bring out the next generation of hardware. For me the PS3 games I want to play I really want to spend hours with. On a portable device I am more apt to play for a little bit put down, pick back up then repeat. I think all this functionality on one device makes it worth while. I again bought it b/c of the tech and the upgradability. I am dissappointed that it did not receive remote play out of the box, but it still did not deter me. I know that it will be future possible. And also don't forget that Lego Batman is a blu-ray disc compatible remote play game.

My prediction: Sony puts out a huge AAA title that will offer remote play. Devs will see if it is successful or not and either jump on the bandwagon or say yep thats why we aren't doing it. I have said in a previous post before that if people arer clocking in hours on my game it is a win. Especially if the customers of their game can't leave home without it.

Message 29 of 53 (5 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12710 posts

Mar 12, 2012

There are only a few problems I see with PS3 remote play.

1. If people have no time to play PS3 and must resort to using Remote play, what's the point of buying the PS3 (And therefore, why would devs make games for the PS3?

Or counter to that:

2. If people spend all their time just playing PS3 games through remote play on their Vita, why make games for the Vita when you can just stick them on PS3 and have people play them that way? And have more data/graphical power to work with? Or rather, why make games for both PS3 AND Vita, when the Vita can simply stream the PS3 version? (which gives people who own both systems less reason to buy for both PS3 and Vita)

Yes, I understand that not everyone has both PS3 and Vita. But remote play is sure to bring about these kinds of questions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 53 (5 Views)
0 Likes