Mar 10 2012
By: Dudimus24 First Son 24 posts

I really want a Vita, but......

52 replies 13 views Edited Mar 10, 2012

I just can't justify the purchase until I figure out whether or not I'll be able to use remote play for my PS3 games like Sony initially said I could. Does anyone have any idea whether or not remote play is going to be a go? All I hear about it is "more information to come soon...." Thats pretty frustrating to hear. Can anyone dig up anything more concrete than that?

Message 1 of 53 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Re: I really want a Vita, but......

Mar 10, 2012

Remote play was NEVER discussed as an option for the PS3. And those who say it was have NO idea what they are talking about. The ONLY thing that was promised was cross platform play between Vita and PS3 games such as MLB 2012. If you have the game on both systems then you can pick it up and play from where you left off on either system. THAT is what was promised. Anyone else who says otherwise is terribly mistaken.

So, you can stop waiting. Whether they allow this is the future remains to be seen but it was never on the table to begin with. And, if this is the only reason keeping you from getting the system then you truely are missing out on the greatest handheld experience ever. Your loss.

Message 2 of 53 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 10, 2012

How do you explain this then?

http://youtu.be/lwSJC2zgK-E

Message 3 of 53 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Mar 10, 2012

I wouldn't click on that link. It is not even a legit Youtube link. What is youtu.be?

Message 4 of 53 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 10, 2012

You've got to be kidding me...... Ok, don't click the link. Just search "PS Vita Cross Play & Remote Play" into youtube and the second or third video down will be an ad put out BY SONY that talks about remote play and gives Killzone 3 as an example. Or don't, and just keep telling yourself that your baseless statement is a fact.

Message 5 of 53 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 10, 2012

Oh, and this is a statement from the Vita FAQ on the official Playstation blog.

"Q: Is there a possibility of certain PS3 games using PS Vita as a second screen or peripheral at some point in the future?

A: Remote Play on PS Vita will allow you to see and control your PS3 from your PS Vita; we’ll have further details to share in the future."

I'll leave a link for those of you who aren't terrified of clicking on it, unlike little Obiwan176 over here shaking in his boots. XD

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/16/ps-vita-the-ultimate-faq/

Message 6 of 53 (13 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13564 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Yeah, great.

But the PSP had the same thing "Can control your PS3 from the PSP"

Not once does it say on the FAQ that you will 100% be able to play actual PS3 games through Remote Play

Yes, we all know they demoed doing so with Killzone 3. But it's still up to Sony (And game devs) whether or not to implement said feature into their games.

The only way to do it right now is by hacking, which obviously is illegal.

If it does come, it'd come via firmware update.

I don't see how not being able to play PS3 games on the Vita doesn't "justify the purchase". It's a whole different system. It has its own games. PS3 games were meant to be played via an actual PS3.

If you're buying the Vita ONLY to play PS3 games "on the go", that's just dumb.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 53 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Mar 11, 2012

I can tell you for a fact that some PSN games work such as

Bionic Commando Reloaded

Zuma

High Stakes Poker on the Vegas Strip

Pixel Junk Shooter

Just for examples of games I have tried myself...

What doesn't work right now is PS3 game discs (Which I would assume may be coming shortly)

What I hope they do is make us able to transfer games like the aboved mentions PSN Titles to our Vitas to play when we are on the "Go."

And our PSone/Ps2 games.

Hoped this helped..

Message 8 of 53 (13 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13564 posts

Mar 11, 2012

They can't just make PSN games designed for PS3 WORK on the Vita.

Just Look at UMvC3.

It's a PS3 game. It's also a Vita game. But those that had the PS3 version couldn't just transfer it over. They had to re-buy it.

Games don't work that way, you can't just tweak one little thing to make a PS3 PSN game work on a Vita.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 53 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Mar 11, 2012

So basically your saying Sony is dumb enough to think that people are gonna go and buy

All their minis,psone classics,ps2 classics(if they come to vita), and PSN titles that were all downloaded from the playstation store all over again on the vita?

I have remote played the PSN games that i have downloaded and they work great no tweaks needed...

What i was saying is for example

I already bought Pixel Junk shooter on my ps3 system

They then go an make it avalible on the Vita...

I should just be able to redownload or transfer my already paid for content to my vita..

( I am not talking about disc based games being transfered not once did i say that im talking strictly Downloaded Games that are DLC)

If anyone buys something they already own for the vita I am sorry and not trying to be an asshole but their retarded

Message 10 of 53 (13 Views)
0 Likes