MVP Support
13618 posts

Re: I really want a Vita, but......

Mar 11, 2012

gardnerd wrote:

So basically your saying Sony is dumb enough to think that people are gonna go and buy

All their minis,psone classics,ps2 classics(if they come to vita), and PSN titles that were all downloaded from the playstation store all over again on the vita?

I have remote played the PSN games that i have downloaded and they work great no tweaks needed...

What i was saying is for example

I already bought Pixel Junk shooter on my ps3 system

They then go an make it avalible on the Vita...

I should just be able to redownload or transfer my already paid for content to my vita..

( I am not talking about disc based games being transfered not once did i say that im talking strictly Downloaded Games that are DLC)

If anyone buys something they already own for the vita I am sorry and not trying to be an ******* but their retarded

Oh, I meant like, PS3 games that are on the PSN. Not the other stuff (Minis and all that jazz)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 53 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Why is that dumb? Why is it dumb for me to want to play the games that I already own for my PS3 if there is the capability? My backlog is so far behind right now that it's not even funny, (haven't even beat Uncharted 3 or Skyrim yet), so what's dumb about wanting to be able to play those games on the go or when I'm stuck at work? Sure I can buy the Vita Uncharted for an extra $40 and have another game to play, but why not just let me play the 3rd? I think you'll find that there are A LOT of people who are thinking the same way that I am and who would find the Vita to be an Insta-buy if or when Sony makes this a possibility. Don't get me wrong, I have played a few Vita titles and can confirm that it does have the games to merit the purchase, but for my situation where I don't get to be at home as much as I would like to be, letting me continue my PS3 play is the most appealing aspect of the Vita.

Message 12 of 53 (8 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Dudimus24 wrote:

Why is that dumb? Why is it dumb for me to want to play the games that I already own for my PS3 if there is the capability? My backlog is so far behind right now that it's not even funny, (haven't even beat Uncharted 3 or Skyrim yet), so what's dumb about wanting to be able to play those games on the go or when I'm stuck at work? Sure I can buy the Vita Uncharted for an extra $40 and have another game to play, but why not just let me play the 3rd? I think you'll find that there are A LOT of people who are thinking the same way that I am and who would find the Vita to be an Insta-buy if or when Sony makes this a possibility. Don't get me wrong, I have played a few Vita titles and can confirm that it does have the games to merit the purchase, but for my situation where I don't get to be at home as much as I would like to be, letting me continue my PS3 play is the most appealing aspect of the Vita.

He was talking about it'd be dumb if you re-BOUGHT the same game to use on the Vita.

Not remote play.

Message 13 of 53 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 11, 2012

"He was talking about it'd be dumb if you re-BOUGHT the same game to use on the Vita.

Not remote play."

I was replying to you're post.

"If you're buying the Vita ONLY to play PS3 games "on the go", that's just dumb."

Message 14 of 53 (8 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Dudimus24 wrote:

"He was talking about it'd be dumb if you re-BOUGHT the same game to use on the Vita.

Not remote play."

I was replying to you're post.

"If you're buying the Vita ONLY to play PS3 games "on the go", that's just dumb."

Because the Vita isn't supposed to be a portable PS3. And for all we know, it might not even have the functionality to do so effectively (if at all).

If they wanted to focus on making the Vita essentially a portable PS3, they would've marketed it that way. Ever think that they showed off those features just to show off the Vita's power?

The Vita is a dedicated handheld, not a portable console. Regardless of if you want it to be.

Message 15 of 53 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 11, 2012

"Because the Vita isn't supposed to be a portable PS3. And for all we know, it might not even have the functionality to do so effectively (if at all).

If they wanted to focus on making the Vita essentially a portable PS3, they would've marketed it that way. Ever think that they showed off those features just to show off the Vita's power?

The Vita is a dedicated handheld, not a portable console. Regardless of if you want it to be."

Like I said in the beginning, they have marketed it that way. Look at the youtube video. And while your there, look up videos of people playing the remote play with the 3.55 CFW. People have been able to play all sorts of games with it, GTA IV, Battlefield 3, Batman Arkham City, Killzone3. Sure there is lag, but its also a jailbroken PS3 running on old firmware. And even so, some of the games have been very playable with this method, i.e. Fallout 3, Infamous 2. I'm just gonna be patient now and hope that sony releases a firmware for it.

Message 16 of 53 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Mar 11, 2012

I am hardly shaking in my boots. Because if you go back and read what you posted nowhere does it say the Vita will play PS3 games. NOWHERE. They have yet to announce what you will be able to do in the future and playing PS3 games has never been really discussed. It would be nice for sure but I don't think anybody is basing buying the Vita on that alone. And, like I said before, you are missing out on a great experience if that is holding you back.

Message 17 of 53 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Mar 11, 2012

The answer here is really really simple...

If you want to play your PS3 games, play your PS3. The PS3 offers a great gaming experience by itself, with or without a Vita.

If you want to play your Vita games, play your Vita. The Vita offers a great gaming experience by itself, with or without a PS3.

Really, am I the only one that thinks it's that simple?

Message 18 of 53 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Mar 11, 2012

No, you are right this guy just does not have a clue, and this is the only feature that is setting him back, seriously, I read all of his posts and he seems to be a troll and D-bag. I do not know who told, it would play all ps3 games, but sony never acknowledge that. I thought people finally understood this remote play subject, i guess not and it is pissing me off.

Message 19 of 53 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Mar 11, 2012

DeRAnGeD_666 wrote:

The answer here is really really simple...

If you want to play your PS3 games, play your PS3. The PS3 offers a great gaming experience by itself, with or without a Vita.

If you want to play your Vita games, play your Vita. The Vita offers a great gaming experience by itself, with or without a PS3.

Really, am I the only one that thinks it's that simple?

I get what you're saying, but like I said, I can't always just play my PS3. "Don't get me wrong, I have played a few Vita titles and can confirm that it does have the games to merit the purchase, but for my situation where I don't get to be at home as much as I would like to be, letting me continue my PS3 play is the most appealing aspect of the Vita." So for people in my situation, its not just "that simple" to play my PS3 when I feel like it. Anyway, I'm pretty much beating a dead horse at this point. Like I said, I'll sit back, be patient and see what Sony plans to do.

Message 20 of 53 (8 Views)
0 Likes