Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Re: I really want a Vita, but......

Mar 13, 2012

Sorry, I thought there were good reasons listed in my post and littered throughout this thread.

Message 41 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Don;t see any..remote play is a gimmick if you buy a vita because of it then LOL.

Message 42 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8545 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Remote play is not currently active for PS3 games, because Remote Play does not currently work (well enough) over an internet connection.

To test it yourself, set up Remote Play properly (I have a step by step thread somewhere on the forums that has gone unnoticed and is therefore buried).  Go to a wifi hotspot elsewhere in your town and fire up remote play and choose a PSOne Classic.  Try to play for five minutes before giving up because of the lag.

Remote Play works fairly well locally over a Private Network (in a shared TV type of situation), but as soon as you leave home, remote play becomes useless for ANY game.

Message 43 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Mar 13, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

I am bewildered why people want to buy a handheld to use remote play which is laggy and not that good to begin with? I mean really.

ignorant post. the guy just posted 3 paragraphs worth to why he'd like to have remote play along with my reasons in my post above. we don't want LAGGY remote play, we want remote play that works flawlessly. Just because you want to defend the Vita to the death despite its shortcomings like it's your first born doesn't mean we all have to.

Message 44 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Mar 13, 2012

I am not defending vita, nice try ignorant bafoon, i have just posted today how sony dropped the ball on Vita software not working weeks after launcha s well as poor PSN integration (Not being able to see vita trophies or vita friends online).

Anyonwe who buys a 300 dollar handheld to use remote play = out to lunch.

Message 45 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Mar 13, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Anyonwe who buys a 300 dollar handheld to use remote play = out to lunch.

Just because someone wants to use a handheld for a different purpose than you doesn't make their purchase make any more or less sense than yours. And I don't think anyone here is saying they want a Vita EXCLUSIVELY for remote play. But its a major feature that was promoted and we'd like to be able to take advantage of it.

On a partially related sidenote. I came pretty close to getting a Vita but ended up sleeping on it a couple of nights and ended up not getting one yet. And so far, I'm glad I did. It's a nice piece of hardware, but IMO the software is basically halfway complete (including remote play). I want one, but when I get it I want it to be able to do everything its supposed to.

Message 46 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Mar 13, 2012

I'm going to side with mastorofpuppetz on this. Remote Play has always been terrible and not worth using unless they optimize it. Have you ever tried Remote Play? It's like playing a game on a dialup connection = not fun.

If you buy a Vita for Remote Play then you are misinformed and have a pretty good disposable income so do whatever you want, its your money.

And yes I believe Sony shouldve charged for what is currently working, not what is going to be working whenever we decided to get the ball rolling. I'll gladly pay for increased functionality. Charge me $5-10 for a YouTube app, but then you take $5-10 off the system price, etc etc.

Message 47 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2360 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Agreed jdavis, buying a viota just for remote play seems silly to say the least. It's a gaming handheld not a controller for ps3. The Dual shock does a better job.

Message 48 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
89 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Let's also look at things from a different perspective. If Apple advertised the iPod touch as a device that could play games, go online, and use all kinds of apps, yet when you got it only a couple of games worked and didn't work correctly, the browser was a pain to use, and apps were almost non existent would you say, "'you bought an iPod touch, be happy the way it plays music b/c it is the best at it"? No of course not. you would buy and iPod nano or a classic. You got the touch b/c it did these extra things and you paid a premium for it. Eventually the software would be updated but at the time you were expecting more out of the box. Especially when the company came out and said "It will have X feature".

Everyone isn't arguing that it is an amazing gaming device, it truly is. If Sony had never said a word about remote play and it showed up in 3 months we would be ecstatic. The unfortunate part is that they openly advertised it. Falling short of expectations is never a good marketing strategy. We all know there are a lot of bugs in the current FW. I have to reset mine around 3 times a day. But I still love the system b/c beyond the flaws it is still an amazing machine with a ridiculous amount of potential, including the missing PS3 remote play.

Message 49 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Mar 13, 2012

Obiwan176 wrote:

Remote play was NEVER discussed as an option for the PS3. And those who say it was have NO idea what they are talking about. The ONLY thing that was promised was cross platform play between Vita and PS3 games such as MLB 2012. If you have the game on both systems then you can pick it up and play from where you left off on either system. THAT is what was promised. Anyone else who says otherwise is terribly mistaken.

So, you can stop waiting. Whether they allow this is the future remains to be seen but it was never on the table to begin with. And, if this is the only reason keeping you from getting the system then you truely are missing out on the greatest handheld experience ever. Your loss.

At one of the game shows in the fall I believe, Sony was showing off Killzone 3 via remote play. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHNn12SHiTQ

Final Fantasy XI: Darklordsidius
(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Message 50 of 53 (3 Views)
0 Likes