Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Re: I think Microsoft may have accidentally left their lives in the hands of Sony and Nintendo

Jun 18, 2013
you might be reading to far into things
Message 11 of 29 (142 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1342 posts

Re: I think Microsoft may have accidentally left their lives in the hands of Sony and Nintendo

Jun 18, 2013

First off, you're a **bleep**.

Secondly, this is the same reason why the TV remote has become a necessity instead of an accessory. People used to say the same thing about those who would spend hours looking for a TV remote versus getting up and changing the channel. But now, if you have any sattelite or cable service as well as multiple inputs, you need the remote to change the channels as well as to play whatever console. Hell, you just admitted that you needed to use the remote to switch inputs yourself.

Plus, I just said it's a convenience to help with clutter as well as make my overall engagement of my entertainment more fulfilling to myself. Don't even think about calling me lazy especially when you don't know me and the things that I do in my life. So if you're going to be disrespectful towards me then I will gladly reciprocate the sentiment.

Message 12 of 29 (141 Views)
MVP Support
13533 posts

Jun 18, 2013

And how is using the Xbox One to circumvent the remote, any different than using an actual remote?

You're still using some other accessory (in this case, a console) to switch between systems.

And if I don't know where the remote is, I will switch the channel manually (although considering the TV I have my PS3 hooked up to doesn't do much other than play PS3 games anyway, it's always on HDMI-1). Again, because I don't care about walking literally 3 FEET.

How is it any less cluttered to have a console hooked up to another console, hooked up to the TV, VS having two consoles hooked up to the same TV? Still the same number of cables.

If anything I'd find that MORE annoying, since if all you wanted to do was play a Sony console, you'd have to go through the Xbox. Why not skip the middle man and just go straight to the point? Explain how that's fulfilling please.

And if you've read any of my other "rude" remarks, you can be "disrespectful" all you want. If my comments come off personal, that's just too bad then. It's a freakin forum. If you take things personally on the internet, you should think things over.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 29 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1342 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Dude! Get this through your head... this does not interest you. So you do not need to figure it out. Especially since I already explained it decently enough to you and you still missed the point. Don't ask me why I would be interested in doing something (which at this point it doesn't look like it's going to happen anyway).

The only point of this discussion is if Microsoft would need to structure deals with Sony and Nintendo to allow multitasking on their system and that there are people (other than me) that are interested. I couldn't care less if it makes sense to you as I don't care to give you interest. If that's all you want to talk about then stop talking to me because that's not the point of me setting up this thread.

Message 14 of 29 (130 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13533 posts

Jun 18, 2013

INC06N36R0 wrote:

Dude! Get this through your head... this does not interest you. So you do not need to figure it out. Especially since I already explained it decently enough to you and you still missed the point. Don't ask me why I would be interested in doing something (which at this point it doesn't look like it's going to happen anyway).

The only point of this discussion is if Microsoft would need to structure deals with Sony and Nintendo to allow multitasking on their system and that there are people (other than me) that are interested. I couldn't care less if it makes sense to you as I don't care to give you interest. If that's all you want to talk about then stop talking to me because that's not the point of me setting up this thread.

Was about to give  kudos for using the phrase in red correctly (Most say they could care less). But then I saw the part in yellow, which makes no sense at all. Probably forgot an "enough" after care.

Anyway, I don't care if that's not what your thread was for, I'm stating my opinion on the matter just like you did to me.

You don't like rebuttal, you don't post topics that have debateable.

Message 15 of 29 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1342 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I don't like debating with people who use petty bs such as critiquing grammar and semantics on a message board to make themselves feel better. If you didn't come off as being pretentious, I wouldn't mind talking to you about why that capability interests me.

And for your point in yellow, the syntax and semantics are correct. Adding "enough" would only be needed to accentuate the level of how little I care to build your interest in something I have interest in.

So again.. unless you change your approach, don't talk to me. That was not my main intent for starting this discussion, and I refuse to debate with someone being combative on a topic I wasn't trying to discuss.

Message 16 of 29 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
13533 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I only implied laziness, you were the one that resorted to name calling. So any "combative" tone is simply from your own analysis of my post.

But I appreciate how you act like you are the "mature" one here. 

If you don't want to continue seeing my posts, there's a simple little "ignore" button (maybe that's not convenient enough, since it involves clicking on my profile first).

Message 17 of 29 (110 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 18, 2013

most of this thread is TL;DR  but...from what I can tell this conversation is about, I'll add this...

Why would I hook up 2 consoles in a more complicated way, in order to play games on a single console, when I could just plug the 2 in together?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 18 of 29 (102 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1342 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I rarely ignore/block people because even if there's someone I dislike, sometimes they may present a good point.

So you know what? I'll throw you a bone... I'll give you a scenario that will be more common. What about those individuals that do plan to go multiplatform? I don't think it would be unheard of that they would try to plug their PS4 into the XBO to take advantage of the UI.

But if that doesn't integrate the other console into the UI (I'm assuming it won't) because there needed to be a deal of some sort worked out in the background between the competitors, then that feature of the XBO is greatly diminished for not just multiconsole owners, but those that have HDMI systems that did not have structured deals with Microsoft.

Again, I don't think I can fully explain to you why this interests me in a way that you will get it and it has more to do with you not finding interest in the feature to begin with. But I could continue trying, but after a certain point I'll just stop.

Message 19 of 29 (98 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1342 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

most of this thread is TL;DR  but...from what I can tell this conversation is about, I'll add this...

Why would I hook up 2 consoles in a more complicated way, in order to play games on a single console, when I could just plug the 2 in together?

lol... I don't know how many times I have to say this... That's not the point of this thread. The point of the thread is this:

• Doesn't matter if you don't get it, there are those that want that
  • Microsoft (at this stage) will not consider it
  • It looks like any HDMI set box and apps that wants to function through the XBO's UI needs to structure deals
  • Individuals that wants to purchase the XBO as a multi-channel HDMI throughput for other consoles and other unsupported devices could be turned off, making that feature less lucrative.
  • If structuring these deals will help their sales, this puts Nintendo and Sony in positions of power over Microsoft since those deals are less important to them than it would be for Microsoft
Message 20 of 29 (91 Views)
0 Likes