Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4065 posts

Re: [INFO] Batman: Arkham Knight

Mar 5, 2014

Auswolf7 wrote:
Awesome a new batman game, I am sold so gonna get a ps4 just to play this game :smileyhappy:

Welcome to the Playstation Forums Auswolf7. Yes Batman Arkham Knight looks great as aways. Going to preorder as soon as  Amazon allows me to preorder the game. Yet I am thinking of getting the CE.

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

https://twitter.com/FreshRevenge
http://www.twitch.tv/thefreshrevengehaven

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 153 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
545 posts

Mar 5, 2014
I'm really excited for this game. Origins was okay but to get a full Rocksteady game again.

I really hope they won't try and squeeze the Joker back in. I mean, I love him and he is my favorite Batman villain, but his story was done. I even would have been okay without him in City.

I bet he'll show up, though, as it seems that the Arkham series is about Batman and the Joker.
- Eric

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 153 (183 Views)
Survivor
2067 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Now that was a good trailer, another game to add to the list of wants.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 153 (174 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4158 posts

Mar 5, 2014

airic82 wrote:
I'm really excited for this game. Origins was okay but to get a full Rocksteady game again.

I really hope they won't try and squeeze the Joker back in. I mean, I love him and he is my favorite Batman villain, but his story was done. I even would have been okay without him in City.

I bet he'll show up, though, as it seems that the Arkham series is about Batman and the Joker.

I hope not too. And I honestly doubt they will.

Spoiler
As you know, they killed him off in Arkham City and Mark Hamil retired as the voice of the Joker. It was a fitting end. The only reason they brought the Joker back (with a new voice actor) in Origins, is because they could -- it took place before Asylum. Plus, they have Harley still. I'm sure she will be the return of the Joker by proxy.

They did a great job with the hidden room in Asylum that hinted at Arkham City. And in City, they had the hidden room in the boat that hinted at a bigger game set in Gotham that would feature the Scarecrow as the main villain. (Which is what Arkham Knight is about.)

I'm sure other villains will return, but not Joker. (Maybe some kind of cameo via poster / picture or something, but not a physical return.)

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 153 (174 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Mar 5, 2014
They did seem to suggest somewhere that Harley would play a significant role in the game. How significant remains to be seen, but either she attempts (and fails) to bring her Mr. J back from the dead via Lazarus Pit or her character goes through a major change as she was always just her puddin's doormat.

Or I could be reading into it too much and she could still be trying to kill Batmam for revenge.

Speaking of which, I wonder if she is still pregnant?
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 153 (147 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Mar 5, 2014
Batman* lol, not Batmam. 6:30 AM...I think I should get to sleep.
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 153 (146 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
796 posts

Mar 5, 2014

This news blew me away and I am very excited that Rock Steady took the plunge so early in the Next Gen cycle. They "could" have developed a Batman game for both Gens, but not "Arkham Knight". Rocksteady says so themselves in the GI article. They have a clear vision of what they want to produce and knew right away they needed the power of Next Gen in order to do it. Arguing anything else is a futile effort. 

As a PS4 owner it is very exciting to see this. The more Next Gen exclusive titles that come out, the more Gamers will decide that they do in fact "need" a Next Gen Console, which pushes sales, which increases development etc. 

As a huge fan of Arkham Asylum and City, this is very very exciting news!

Please, no blank friend requests - let me know who you are!

Playstation MVP Terms & Conditions
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 153 (140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 5, 2014

I've been waiting for reasons to get the PS4, I think this game may be the reason.

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 153 (133 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight announced for PS4

Mar 5, 2014

How awesome!.............And yet, I feel like there's going to be a hole where Joker should be...

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 153 (128 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1657 posts

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight announced for PS4

Mar 5, 2014

Never got into the Batman Arkham games, but I definitely played them and loved what Rocksteady did with it. Arkham Knight just looks ridiculous and there's a good reason they have decided to put this on current gen platforms.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 153 (191 Views)
0 Likes