Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

Apr 9, 2014

I agree with you 100%..... however. When you run out of bullets, it doesn't hurt to have 'the biggest knife in the drawer'.

3704407_f520.jpg

All thing being considered though, in this world you'd probably just run your heavy infantry to a supply truck and be fully armed the next turn, ready to launch some tank busters.

I forgot to mention, it seems the game also features Grenadiers... so it looks like they cut no corners here.

Message 131 of 154 (741 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: [INFO] Daisenryaku Perfect HD

Apr 29, 2014

PLEASE BRING THIS AMAZING GAME TO THE US, SONY!!!

I've been a long-time fan of the Daisenryaku series (or what little of it was ported to English-speaking countries) since VII was released on the PS2, and its depth and complexity continue to blow me away with each new installment to date. I continue to play this 2004 title more than a decade later because no other series like it has even come close to offering such an astounding level of tactical freedom and flexibility. This could be the Advance Wars of consoles here in the United States, please don't pass up this opportunity!

Message 132 of 154 (679 Views)
Wastelander
633 posts

Apr 29, 2014

Welcome to the thread, Castigar2000!  Not much going on here at present, but some of us keep an eye on the thread regularly.  And if any Daisenryaku-related news does come up, I'll be sure to post it here immediately, so please keep checking in!  Smiley Happy

Nimitz

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 133 of 154 (665 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Apr 30, 2014

It's always nice to see new people show up at the forums despite the lack of activity as of late, all I have to say for now is Welcome to the Jungle!

Message 134 of 154 (659 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

May 6, 2014

So just casually searching the net hoping for something after once again beating the (stupid) computer on Hard in my Xbox Daisenryaku, I saw the news about Perfect HD, and went through all the hassle of registering on this forum (They seriously asked me for my address, as a required field, like Im going to put my real one in) just to cast a vote in for a localization.  I wouldn't just buy an english version.  Id buy twenty of em, for everybody I know, just to get them to play with me, and Id break my own long-standing, never-rethought rule of never EVER connecting ANY console of mine to the internet just to play it multiplayer.  My friends and I have dozens of custom maps on the Xbox D7, and the worst thing about them is the hotseat-type play, where you have to leave the room during the other guys turn, and thus can never see his planes streaking over your space from your own view, making you wish you had a way to actually USE all the cool spy planes and EW craft.....for this game, and no other, would I connect my console.

Bring it here! 

Message 135 of 154 (637 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

[ Edited ]
May 7, 2014

Uh, did you read the previous pages and the reviews that the users left on this forum?  DSP HD is a lobotimized piece of junk that doesn't even deserve the "HD" prefix; it has no online multiplayer (Unless AtlanteanMan or Neoprime666 have since discovered somthing new and haven't mentioned it yet), no Advanced/Prototype units, insultingly bad graphics (with long load times for battle animations) and critically little to no valid reason for being delayed for three years and still have all of these issues!  AtlanteanMan himself previously stated that having the game as it stands now would actually be more likely to hurt our efforts to get a quality Dai Senryaku game brought to our stores.

At this point I think that our best hope is to get a localized version of the recently released WWII themed Dai Sen game and from what Desert_Archer has said it is actually quite good and he is currently in the process of translating the game.

Message 136 of 154 (633 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Aug 8, 2014

I've been lurking these threads since the begining. I have recently returned and found the new thread, trying to catch up on past post during lunch and I am still only on page 13. However, I feel I must report I just brough Iron Storm off ebay! I just need to buy a Saturn so I can play it when it arrives... 

Message 137 of 154 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Aug 9, 2014

Wow, I can't beleive how long it's been since i posted here and new people keep on finding us too!

While im here; Has DesertArcher made anymore progress on translating the WWII Dai Sen game? that would greatly interest me if there was.

Message 138 of 154 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2014

Check it out:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SB6io1BdsSogYmw08VhUwkLIRK4rUM44VIjMcURPLZI/edit?usp=sharing

At this point I am able to actually PLAY the game. Although the unit names and other core bit aren't translated, anyone familiar with WW2 military units could probably fumble through and hang in there with the A.I. (for a little while)

@Asgardian12 , Iron Storm is a great game fo rthe Saturn, it lacks a few subtleties that would have you classify it as "realistic" but that's few and far between. Patience is required for a lot of those battles but it's a very good game. Touches on a bit a historical challenges as well. 

Message 139 of 154 (490 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Aug 13, 2014

Sorry an off topic post but I guess some/most of you would be at least interested if you don't already know. 

NAtURAL DOCtRINE (PS3/4/Vita)

Per-order at $40 from amazon and get a $10 amazon credit!

pre-order it NOW!

Amazon link

some game info

Message 140 of 154 (464 Views)
0 Likes