Wastelander
633 posts

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

Feb 6, 2014

Thanks very much for the updates, Neoprime666!  I pre-ordered the Limited Edition through GameBaz and while the order status currently shows "In Progress", there hasn't been anything else so far.  Hopefully I was high enough on the list to get my copy shipped out a bit sooner; either way I'll happily share as much as I can once I get my copy in.

And by the way, please feel free to share any details you glean from your copy if you happen to get it in first, Neoprime666!  I'm sure everyone here (including myself) will be anxious to read them!  Smiley Happy

Adamantine

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 21 of 154 (510 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Feb 6, 2014

AtlanteanMan wrote:

Thanks very much for the updates, Neoprime666!  I pre-ordered the Limited Edition through GameBaz and while the order status currently shows "In Progress", there hasn't been anything else so far.  Hopefully I was high enough on the list to get my copy shipped out a bit sooner; either way I'll happily share as much as I can once I get my copy in.

And by the way, please feel free to share any details you glean from your copy if you happen to get it in first, Neoprime666!  I'm sure everyone here (including myself) will be anxious to read them!  Smiley Happy

Adamantine

It should be here by tomorrow, I paid for 1-2 days shipping, should in by 10:30 am.

Message 22 of 154 (501 Views)
Wastelander
633 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2014

Here's a look at the back of the Japanese version case (from Play-Asia's website).

While the details are generally too small to properly evaluate in the image, the scene with the tanks on the city street does look to be improved from the screens that were initially shown.  Time will tell, I guess.

The network (globe mesh) icon with the "2" next to it in the lower-left corner MAY indicate 2-player capability for PSN (let's hope).  But my chief concern is with that number of players: 1 (the battles can still be up to 8 players, and obviously limiting you to just playing against AI would make ZERO sense, but that's the number on the box...)I hope I'm misreading that; I REALLY do.  If anyone here can read the text or offer any other observations, please feel free to share them!

Anyway, at least it's SOMETHING new to look over (even if not much).  Smiley Happy

F-2

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 23 of 154 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
35 posts

Feb 6, 2014

AtlanteanMan, the 2 next to the globe in the lower right corner indicate the region... 1 is North America and 2 is Asia.

Sorry man! But I bet that there is some kind of online play... Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 154 (478 Views)
Wastelander
633 posts

Feb 6, 2014

Thanks for the correction, Folgore88; oh well.  Smiley Happy

That said, in looking over the image I can't see anything that definitively mentions PSN.  Here's hoping that the game will retain at least two-player online capability; I do believe the logistics of online play were exactly what must have prompted at least some of these delays up till now.

F-22 Raptor

Message 25 of 154 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2014

SOME SCREEN TRANSLATION OVERLAYS FOR DSP HD

This evening I remembered several English-overlaid screen captures that MisterSamurai sent to me more than a year ago.  I no longer had them in digital form but was able to dig up the print copies, so I used them to go into Photoshop and prepare the overlays below.  Hopefully they'll be of use to anyone here who's importing DSP HD.

Turn Start.png

This is the Turn Start Screen.  Pretty self-explanatory.

Map Screen Selections.png

Here's an overview of the basic selections on the Map Screen

Rules Editor.png

The Rules Editor is a one-to-one EXACT MATCH with the one in DSP 3.0 for Japanese Windows.  So below I've included the four Rules Editor screens from DSP 3.0 for easier reference (it would've been WAY too small to squeeze all that on the image above.  Smiley Happy

DSP3rules1.png

DSP3rules2.png

DSP3rules3.png

DSP3rules4.png

Map Editor.png

Here's the Map Editor, which should be familiar to anyone who's played either DS VII or DSP 3.0.  Expect to spend a LOT of time here creating environments for custom matches!

Production Screen.png

This is the Production Screen, where you can look over the available units for each faction.

Unit Editor.png

And here's the Unit Editor.  Those of us who plan to make our import copies as English-friendly as possible will be spending far more time here than anywhere else as DSP HD contains over 600 units to translate!

Unit Skills.png

Here's the Unit Skills Screen, which is an extension of the Unit Editor.  As veterans of DSP 3.0 will notice, just like with the Rules Editor the Skills are a one-to-one EXACT MATCH; even the placements are the same!  This will no doubt make things a LOT easier.

Weapon Editor.png

Last but not least we have the Weapon Editor.  here you can tweak the properties of any weapon or create entirely new ones!

Please feel free to save these screens to your own computers and/or print them off for your own quick reference.  That's what they're here for!  Smiley Happy

Thanks again to MisterSamurai for making it possible for me to share this with all of you!

Enjoy!

Seawolf

Message 26 of 154 (445 Views)
Wastelander
633 posts

Feb 7, 2014

Here's a screen capture from the Japanese PlayStation Store.  The new terrain looks nice, but will take a bit of getting used to; I guess I'm used to hexes.  Smiley Happy  Fortunately, you can switch over to standard hexes anytime you want in DSP HD!

M1 Abrams

Message 27 of 154 (435 Views)
Wastelander
633 posts

Feb 7, 2014

TROPHY GUIDE FOR DSP HD (Japanese Version)

There appear to be 18 Trophies you can collect in the Japanese version of DSP HD.  Here is the list I compiled via Japanese PSN and Google Translate (please note that some of these may be off just a bit):

1. Collected all trophies
  2. Cleared at least 10 Campaign Maps
  3. Cleared at least 25 Campaign Maps
  4. Legendary Strategist: Cleared at least 50 Campaign Maps
  5. Destroyed more than 500 enemy aircraft
  6. Destroyed more than 1,000 enemy aircraft
  7. Shot down more than 10,000 enemy aircraft
  8. 100% Facility occupation on a map
  9. 100% Facility occupation on 5 maps
  10. 100% Facility occupation on 10 maps
  11. Won 20 times at the Division Commander level
  12. Cleared 10 maps on Hard Mode
  13. 100 of your units reached “S” Rank
  14. Took 10 times the War Chest evaluation with “S” Rank on a map
  15. No units lost on a map
  16. 20 Victories in a row without changing the Settings
  17. Won your first match
  18. You created a map

So what do you guys think; do any of you smell a Platinum Trophy in your future here?  I know there are some of us who've played DS VII enough to have lapped these requirements many times over, so I'll bet at least some of us will do so at some point (here's hoping we can do so on an official English iteration)!

Adamantine

Message 28 of 154 (421 Views)
Splicer
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2014

The new map layout look pretty but I know I'll switch back to the original map style...

Regarding the trophies... the one that is going to be a killer is having 100 units S ranked!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 154 (411 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Feb 7, 2014

I have the game now, but am studying it, it's a little difficult to play but getting better to understand, I also understand the low ratings it got the isn't that simple, to play the full game you have to go into Hard Mode instead of choosing that in a menu, i'm keeping this short I'll be back later.

Message 30 of 154 (401 Views)