Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 01/12/2009
Offline
611 posts
 

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2014

Neoprime666,

 

When you have time to look into it, DEFINITELY check to determine whether DSP HD supports multiplayer matches of any kind.  I've been on several sites that all show only 1 player supported.  This would seem INCOMPREHENSIBLE considering the nature of the game and the fact that multiplayer is its greatest strength by far (not to mention I imagine it would be a heart-breaking deal-breaker for many members here).  Hopefully you can shed some light on this for the rest of us.

 

Thanks in advance for any info you can share!  :smileyhappy:

 

UPDATE:  The initial reports from Neoprime666 don't look good for multiplayer.  This would be a DISASTER for the game and certainly this community who've worked so hard in hopes of bringing an online multiplayer Daisenryaku experience to our shores.  More as it develops...

 

CLARIFICATION:  Upon looking further Neoprime666 reports that while the base game doesn't appear to include multiplayer, you CAN select human opponents for your factions when creating maps in the Map Editor.  Needless to say, this is an IMMENSE relief.  Whew!   :smileyvery-happy:

 

F-22 Raptor

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 31 of 141 (350 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/08/2010
Offline
291 posts
 

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

Feb 8, 2014

Update:

 

1. There's 21 normal factions in the game they include Japan, USA, Russia, Germany, Great Britan, France, Italy, Sweden, Israel, India, China, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Jordan, what appears to be Afghanastan?, Syria, and Pakistan, 3 extra factions which are Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Ancient factions that don't offer much.

 

2. Yes there's big time gimping going as usual.

 

3. There is no next-gen type units(CGX, S-400, M1A3, T-99, Altay, etc...), so you probably have to create them.

 

4. NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!, Yep you heard it, I can't play online anyway since I'm not from Japan(you actually have to be from there), but there's always a process/menu in which that tells you see the online multiplayer but in this game there isn't any, theres only play & edit mode only. You however can play offline multiplayer up to 8 players.

 

5. The game can get choppy or slow down sometime.

 

6. Haven't tried the map editor much, but have messed with the Production Type & Weapon editors, already create the USSR and T-80UM/UK, and T72B MBT's.

 

That's all for now, it's a great game but do understand the low scores it got.

Message 32 of 141 (299 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 01/12/2009
Offline
611 posts
 

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2014

Thanks a bunch for all the new information, Neoprime666; I can't wait for my own copy to finally get here!

 

The absence of online multiplayer is certainly a downer for those of us who hoped to be able to play against one another via PSN; perhaps a renewed focus on DSP 3.0 for Steam is in order to alleviate that issue.  In the meantime, being able to play locally with up to 8 players on your created maps isn't so bad.

 

Both the "gimping" and the lack of updated versions of existing units (example: the T-80U) can be easily addressed/added via the Unit Editor.  Just tweak the weapons values or features, add the "new" unit to the list, and you're good to go.  :smileyhappy:

 

I hate that there's slowdown, but if I had to guess based upon previous iterations of the series I've played, they primarily happen with the battle cinematics.  Do you know whether the battle cinematics can be turned on or off, Neoprime666?

 

Thanks again for sharing, and please keep us posted on anything new you find!  :smileyhappy:

 

M109A6 Paladin

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 33 of 141 (297 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/02/2012
Offline
34 posts
 

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

Feb 8, 2014

Neoprime666 wrote:

Update:

 

1. There's 21 normal factions in the game they include Japan, USA, Russia, Germany, Great Britan, France, Italy, Sweden, Israel, India, China, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Jordan, what appears to be Afghanastan?, Syria, and Pakistan, 3 extra factions which are Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Ancient factions that don't offer much.

 

2. Yes there's big time gimping going as usual.

 

3. There is no next-gen type units(CGX, S-400, M1A3, T-99, Altay, etc...), so you probably have to create them.

 

4. NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!, Yep you heard it, I can't play online anyway since I'm not from Japan(you actually have to be from there), but there's always a process/menu in which that tells you see the online multiplayer but in this game there isn't any, theres only play & edit mode only. You however can play offline multiplayer up to 8 players.

 

5. The game can get choppy or slow down sometime.

 

6. Haven't tried the map editor much, but have messed with the Production Type & Weapon editors, already create the USSR and T-80UM/UK, and T72B MBT's.

 

That's all for now, it's a great game but do understand the low scores it got.


Thank you for the update Neoprime666!

Quick question... how is the gameplay? Can you tweak the game paramenter and such?

Low score? Today unless the game have some ubber looking graphics the game will get a 50% lower score anyway!!!!!

So think about a game with hex map and little tank icons... will get a 1 out of 10!!!!!

 

Message 34 of 141 (276 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/08/2010
Offline
291 posts
 

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

Feb 8, 2014

Folgore88 wrote:

Neoprime666 wrote:

Update:

 

1. There's 21 normal factions in the game they include Japan, USA, Russia, Germany, Great Britan, France, Italy, Sweden, Israel, India, China, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Jordan, what appears to be Afghanastan?, Syria, and Pakistan, 3 extra factions which are Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Ancient factions that don't offer much.

 

2. Yes there's big time gimping going as usual.

 

3. There is no next-gen type units(CGX, S-400, M1A3, T-99, Altay, etc...), so you probably have to create them.

 

4. NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!, Yep you heard it, I can't play online anyway since I'm not from Japan(you actually have to be from there), but there's always a process/menu in which that tells you see the online multiplayer but in this game there isn't any, theres only play & edit mode only. You however can play offline multiplayer up to 8 players.

 

5. The game can get choppy or slow down sometime.

 

6. Haven't tried the map editor much, but have messed with the Production Type & Weapon editors, already create the USSR and T-80UM/UK, and T72B MBT's.

 

That's all for now, it's a great game but do understand the low scores it got.


Thank you for the update Neoprime666!

Quick question... how is the gameplay? Can you tweak the game paramenter and such?

Low score? Today unless the game have some ubber looking graphics the game will get a 50% lower score anyway!!!!!

So think about a game with hex map and little tank icons... will get a 1 out of 10!!!!!

 


What do you men by game parameter, you can almost change anything but stuff like having 120/125 mm gun fire at a range of 2 is impossible for some reason, and no it isn't the graphics that hold the game back, it's no multiplayer, offline lagging, the lack of options with the editors, no next gen units, and the gimping, but overall it's still a great game.

Message 35 of 141 (273 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/12/2009
Offline
611 posts
 

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2014

You can't create an entirely NEW weapon, call it a 120/125mm gun, and use that same animation with a 2-hex attack, Neoprime666?  I wanted to offer this because it might be that you're trying to edit over the existing ones; it may require starting from scratch (if that's possible), just like in DSP 3.0's Weapon Editor.  But I realize even on the PC the Editors can be frustratingly selective about what they'll let you tweak at times.

 

F-2

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 36 of 141 (270 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/08/2010
Offline
291 posts
 

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2014

AtlanteanMan wrote:

You can't create an entirely NEW weapon, call it a 120/125mm gun, and use that same animation with a 2-hex attack, Neoprime666?  I wanted to offer this because it might be that you're trying to edit over the existing ones; it may require starting from scratch (if that's possible), just like in DSP 3.0's Weapon Editor.  But I realize even on the PC the Editors can be frustratingly selective about what they'll let you tweak at times.

 

F-2


Thanks, I did what you said.

 

New stuff I learned.

 

1. You can play your own music from playlist on your PS3 Hardrive

 

2. The game has a similar glitch were you if play Cpu vs Cpu matches on certain maps it either freezes up or keeps repeating the same action(producing more units) over into eternity.

 

3. There are more maps but I think I have to beat the current maps now for that.

 

4. I think have or 4 or 5 trophies unlocked.

 

5. For those that think they will have problems with unlocking trophies there easy, just remember to make more users instead of comps because they'll increase your data/score for your quest of mastering the game(platinum the game requires that you get all trophies).

 

Not much but I'm mostly building my armies or playing the game.

Message 37 of 141 (251 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 01/12/2009
Offline
611 posts
 

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

Feb 9, 2014

Thanks for the update, Neoprime666!  And I'm glad I was able to help in some way (plus it's a big relief that the Editors don't stonewall you completely from doing certain things).  :smileyhappy:

 

M1 Abrams

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 38 of 141 (244 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 07/02/2012
Offline
34 posts
 

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

Feb 10, 2014

Neoprime666 wrote:

Folgore88 wrote:

Neoprime666 wrote:

Update:

 

1. There's 21 normal factions in the game they include Japan, USA, Russia, Germany, Great Britan, France, Italy, Sweden, Israel, India, China, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan, Jordan, what appears to be Afghanastan?, Syria, and Pakistan, 3 extra factions which are Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and Ancient factions that don't offer much.

 

2. Yes there's big time gimping going as usual.

 

3. There is no next-gen type units(CGX, S-400, M1A3, T-99, Altay, etc...), so you probably have to create them.

 

4. NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!, Yep you heard it, I can't play online anyway since I'm not from Japan(you actually have to be from there), but there's always a process/menu in which that tells you see the online multiplayer but in this game there isn't any, theres only play & edit mode only. You however can play offline multiplayer up to 8 players.

 

5. The game can get choppy or slow down sometime.

 

6. Haven't tried the map editor much, but have messed with the Production Type & Weapon editors, already create the USSR and T-80UM/UK, and T72B MBT's.

 

That's all for now, it's a great game but do understand the low scores it got.


Thank you for the update Neoprime666!

Quick question... how is the gameplay? Can you tweak the game paramenter and such?

Low score? Today unless the game have some ubber looking graphics the game will get a 50% lower score anyway!!!!!

So think about a game with hex map and little tank icons... will get a 1 out of 10!!!!!

 


What do you men by game parameter, you can almost change anything but stuff like having 120/125 mm gun fire at a range of 2 is impossible for some reason, and no it isn't the graphics that hold the game back, it's no multiplayer, offline lagging, the lack of options with the editors, no next gen units, and the gimping, but overall it's still a great game.


Neo, what I mean is: when you start a game, lets say Human vs CPU, can you change the parameter of the game like turns to play, Money, Fuel, Difficulty of the CPU, Nations... stuff like this! :smileywink:

Message 39 of 141 (226 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 01/12/2009
Offline
611 posts
 

Re: THE ALL-NEW DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD INFORMATION THREAD

Feb 10, 2014

@Folgore88,

 

Yes to all of those.  Though I haven't yet received my game yet (come on, GameBaz!!!), I feel safe in saying this because in so many respects DSP HD is a direct copy/paste of DSP 3.0 (aside from the visuals, which frankly I wish they'd kept; DSP 3.0 runs smooth as silk with no slowdown as some console versions have been known to do, and I think the common factor is the screen-switching for the battle cinematics.  Remember how fast DS VII is even in multiplayer because everything happens on the same screen).

 

In DSP 3.0 all of what you mentioned is configured as you set up a custom map, including the Rules you wish to use.  It's really simple and I'd bet DSP HD is very close if not exactly the same.

 

Nimitz

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 40 of 141 (223 Views)
Reply
0 Likes