First Son
28 posts

Re: [INFO] Daisenryaku Perfect HD

Feb 22, 2014

Hello, all.  Checking back after a prolonged absence.   Good to see the same players and a few new ones as well.

Honestly, looking at the game, it makes me wonder what the heck SSA was doing with this to justify such delay.  Reminds me of Polyphony Digital fiddling with Gran Turismo 5 for five years before releasing it..  Seems to be a Japanese foible, continuously burnishing a game to the point of diminishing returns leaving the fans to suffer the extended wait time.  Have to say the new map option does look nice.  Ditto the whole WW2 game.

Anyway, I've just resumed playing the favorite old standby DS VII again. The Xbox version that is, loaned the PS3 to my kid.

Steve.
My blog: http://castlesoftin.blogspot.com/
Message 61 of 154 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Feb 22, 2014

Hey I was the one who said several times on the old thread that the game was in danger of suffering from Duke Nukem Forever Syndrone and in a way it has (at least on the delaying of the release date) but hopefully it's gameplay will not suffer too much.

Message 62 of 154 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Feb 22, 2014

Oh and does anyone know if there are any anti-radiation missiles or functioning anti-ballistic missile systems in DSP HD?

Message 63 of 154 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Feb 22, 2014

Hmmmm Anti-BM. I want to say that the game does feature these already but I could be wrong. It could have been a custom unit I saw. Thats an interesting question though, and it would certainly level out the playing field if more factions had access to such weapons I'd like to think.

ABL

Message 64 of 154 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2014

cnlbenmc wrote:

Oh and does anyone know if there are any anti-radiation missiles or functioning anti-ballistic missile systems in DSP HD?

Yes & No,,You have Anti-Radiation Missiles(P-700 Granit) this is represented in the game as having ECM turned on in the weapons editor.for ABM systems you'll have to create them in weapons editor and most Strategic Surface to Air Missiles Systems have anti-ballistic and anti-cruise missile capabilites.

Message 65 of 154 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Feb 23, 2014

I'm looking forward to my WW2 copy. Should be here next month some time! Smiley Very Happy  Mean while I think that maybe once a week on Sunday I'll post up some unit I find interesting involved in that era. This jumped out at me today while.

The Fiat G.55 Centauro. It was probably one of Italy's best fighters adopted heavly from German design and engineering. Came into the war towards the end, but still had an impact.

FiatG55

FiatG55

General characteristics

Crew: 1
Length: 9.37 m (30 ft 9 in)
Wingspan: 11.85 m (38 ft 10 in)
Height: 3.13 m (without the antenna mast) (10 ft 3¼ in)
Wing area: 21.11 m² (227.23 ft²)
Empty weight: 2,630 kg (5,798 lb)
Loaded weight: 3,520 kg (7,760 lb)
Max. takeoff weight: 3,718 kg (8,197 lb)
Powerplant: 1 × Fiat RA.1050 R.C.58 Tifone (license-built Daimler-Benz DB 605A-1) liquid-cooled inverted V-12, 1,085 kW (1,475 hp)

Performance

Maximum speed: 623 km/h (337 kn, 387 mph (417 mph with WEP)) at 7,000 m (22,970 ft)
Range: 1,200 km, or 1,650 km with two 100 l (26 US Gal) drop tanks under wings (545 nmi, 627 mi (or 891 nmi, 1,025 mi with drop tanks ))
Service ceiling: 12,750 m (41,830 ft)
Rate of climb: 5 min 50 sec at 6,000 m (Dimensione Cielo, Caccia Assalto 3 Edizioni Bizzarri, Roma 1972, pag. 15) ()
Wing loading: 154.0 kg/m² (34.15 lb/ft²)
Power/mass: 0.308 kW/kg (0.190 hp/lb)
Climb to 7,000 m (22,970 ft): 8.57 min

Armament

G.55 Serie 0:

1 × 20 mm Mauser MG 151/20 cannon, engine-mounted (250 rounds)
4 × 12.7 mm (.5 in) Breda-SAFAT machine guns, two in the upper engine cowling, two in the lower cowling/wing roots (300 rpg)
G.55 Serie I:

3 × 20 mm MG 151/20s, one engine-mounted (250 rounds) and two wing-mounted (200 rpg)
2 × 12.7 mm Breda-SAFAT machine guns in the upper engine cowling (300 rpg)
Provision for 2 × 160 kg (353 lb) bombs on underwing racks (N.B. Egyptian and Syrian aircraft used Machine guns in the wings instead of cannon)

Message 66 of 154 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

Thanks for keeping the thread buzzing in my absence, guys!

Just wanted to post a quick update on my status.  We're (finally) mostly moved in and I am SERIOUSLY sore, but the arrival of my import copy of DSP HD at my door has helped to alleviate some of the pain.  I've spent hours already working on what I hope will make the game the easiest to navigate; I've translated all the terrain, made new English Production Types for all 21 countries, and am currently down to the ATACMS in English-translating the units (a little over halfway).

I will post a detailed review here as soon as I can begin navigating the game efficiently and have had a little time to experience the nuances.  Please stay tuned!

Paladin.gif

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 67 of 154 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Feb 26, 2014

Thats good news! Congrats on the successful move. I know aaallllllll about "that" kinda soreness. Moving into my 2nd story apartment was no joke!!

Good to hear your back in the loop. So I have to ask, that file that contains all of your translated data, is it distributable? Can others contribute somehow? Just curious.

Also, does that game feature a save/continue feature for multi player? Smiley Very Happy This is a big factor for me because of course I can't always carve out 5 hours Smiley Wink

Message 68 of 154 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

Feb 27, 2014

Just a quick update: I'm continuing through the unit list translating everything, though there may be some errors especially with the naval vessels (there are two issues here; the first is that proper names require a lot more searching and comparing than acronym-type monickers such as M60, and the second is that there are often subtle differences between the 3D rendered models in DSP HD and the 2D side views of DSP 3.0).  Probably still a day or so away on that, and then I'll have about as much of the game in English as possible...THEN I'll try to delve into the meat and mechanics of the gameplay itself.

To answer your question Desert_Archer, I'd have no idea whether files of transferable, though if it's doable I'll happily be willing to share whatever I can with anyone else who imports the game (maybe Neoprime666 can answer this as he's had a few days' head start on me in examining it).  I haven't yet tried a test match but I'd say it's safe to assume there will be mid-game saves; there's no way for there NOT to be with a game this expansive.  Just keep in mind that, as Neoprime666 said, online is a no-go so for now, the only way to play against human opponents online is via DSP 3.0's PBEM.

I know you guys are anxious and I'll do my best to hurry, but A) I'm still convalescing from the move (which is still somewhat ongoing with transporting leftover boxes and such from the old place) and B) I want to be sure I have as detailed a picture of DSP HD and what it offers as possible before rendering a verdict.  So far I like what I see, though as Neoprime666 already stated there are indeed some rough edges that would hurt its "mainstream" appeal (and hence our chances of seeing an official English localization).

Rest assured that when I do get my review post up, it will be unbiased and as detailed as I can make it regarding DSP HD's mechanics as well as whatever I liked or didn't like about it.

Please stay tuned...

こんごう

DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3416427

Come by and visit and add your voice of support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!!!
Message 69 of 154 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Feb 27, 2014

Desert_Archer wrote:

Thats good news! Congrats on the successful move. I know aaallllllll about "that" kinda soreness. Moving into my 2nd story apartment was no joke!!

Good to hear your back in the loop. So I have to ask, that file that contains all of your translated data, is it distributable? Can others contribute somehow? Just curious.

Also, does that game feature a save/continue feature for multi player? Smiley Very Happy This is a big factor for me because of course I can't always carve out 5 hours Smiley Wink

Yes you can save.

Message 70 of 154 (404 Views)
0 Likes