Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/31/2005
Offline
8661 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Jun 22, 2014

the_original_se wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

I am of the mind that there is no way, absolutely no way, to remake Metal Gear 1 or 2 without the story being absolutely stupid. I was reading up about the two today in the Database and that **bleep** sounds so stupid it hurt my head. Dirty Duck, Jungle Fever, Red Blaster. It's almost as if, with Skull Face, we are catching up to the timeline in terms of stupid codenames.

 

To think that Outer Heaven gets taken out by an earthquake, of all things. **bleep** that **bleep**. Just reboot the whole MG1 and 2 altogether and forget that dumb storyline.


Kojima wouldnt leave them the same dum dum. the games would be completely rewritten. no one anywhere, ever intended for them to stay the same. Smiley Tongue

 

@Fox

they cant combind them into 1 game, too much of MGS is based off of Snake beating Big Boss twice. if they smushed them into once game, stuff in MGS1, MGS2 and MGS4 would be retconned.

they can just make each game like the size of Ground Zeroes and bundle them together. or make them Vita titles, that would be pretty neat.


I never said Zanzibar Land wouldn't be in it. The Ground Zeroes thing mentioned some base being abandoned in Africa, right? Foreshadowing Outer Heaven. In The Phantom Pain you go to Afghanistan. If I am remembering right, Zanzibarland was located between Afghanistan, Pakistan, Russia, and China. So who is to say that Big Boss doesn't set up Outer Heaven and Zanzibarland at the same time during TPP? I mean you got to have a back up base in case one man takes it down.

 

Besides, it gets mention a couple of times in MGS1, and only when talking about making Big Boss and Fox deaded. It is hardly going to destroy this ALL READY WELL CRAFTED COHERENT NARRATIVE. It doesn't get mentioned at all in MGS2 outside of the "book" that Nastasha did. Then, like, once in MGS4? Nobody really gives a crap about Zanzibar Land outside of Zanzibar Land Breeze. If they did remake MG1 and 2 into one game, and they did smush Zanzibar Land out of it, then they could easily just do something with a character saying something to Snake. OUTER HEAVEN, THE LOCALS CALL IT ZANZIBAR LAND BECAUSE THAT AREA WAS ORIGINALLY THE FIRST PLACE THAT PEOPLE FROM ZANZIBAR WOULD SETTLE WHEN IMMIGRATING TO THE MAIN LAND. or some such made up BS.

 

Doing some Ground Zeroes demo crap with remakes of MG1/2, the ones that are supposed to be a major events in the MGS history, would be some lame **bleep** **bleep**. Smiley Mad

Message 2991 of 5,641 (728 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34146 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Jun 23, 2014

VR_F0X wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

I am of the mind that there is no way, absolutely no way, to remake Metal Gear 1 or 2 without the story being absolutely stupid. I was reading up about the two today in the Database and that **bleep** sounds so stupid it hurt my head. Dirty Duck, Jungle Fever, Red Blaster. It's almost as if, with Skull Face, we are catching up to the timeline in terms of stupid codenames.

 

To think that Outer Heaven gets taken out by an earthquake, of all things. **bleep** that **bleep**. Just reboot the whole MG1 and 2 altogether and forget that dumb storyline.


Kojima wouldnt leave them the same dum dum. the games would be completely rewritten. no one anywhere, ever intended for them to stay the same. Smiley Tongue

 

@Fox

they cant combind them into 1 game, too much of MGS is based off of Snake beating Big Boss twice. if they smushed them into once game, stuff in MGS1, MGS2 and MGS4 would be retconned.

they can just make each game like the size of Ground Zeroes and bundle them together. or make them Vita titles, that would be pretty neat.


I never said Zanzibar Land wouldn't be in it. The Ground Zeroes thing mentioned some base being abandoned in Africa, right? Foreshadowing Outer Heaven. In The Phantom Pain you go to Afghanistan. If I am remembering right, Zanzibarland was located between Afghanistan, Pakistan, Russia, and China. So who is to say that Big Boss doesn't set up Outer Heaven and Zanzibarland at the same time during TPP? I mean you got to have a back up base in case one man takes it down.

 

Besides, it gets mention a couple of times in MGS1, and only when talking about making Big Boss and Fox deaded. It is hardly going to destroy this ALL READY WELL CRAFTED COHERENT NARRATIVE. It doesn't get mentioned at all in MGS2 outside of the "book" that Nastasha did. Then, like, once in MGS4? Nobody really gives a crap about Zanzibar Land outside of Zanzibar Land Breeze. If they did remake MG1 and 2 into one game, and they did smush Zanzibar Land out of it, then they could easily just do something with a character saying something to Snake. OUTER HEAVEN, THE LOCALS CALL IT ZANZIBAR LAND BECAUSE THAT AREA WAS ORIGINALLY THE FIRST PLACE THAT PEOPLE FROM ZANZIBAR WOULD SETTLE WHEN IMMIGRATING TO THE MAIN LAND. or some such made up BS.

 

Doing some Ground Zeroes demo crap with remakes of MG1/2, the ones that are supposed to be a major events in the MGS history, would be some lame **bleep** **bleep**. Smiley Mad


 

i never said make them a demo like GZ, i said make them the SIZE of GZ.

theres no need to make them into huge games similar to TPP, and no need to have an open world.

bring back the classic base sneaking style of MGS1 and MGS2, but upgrade it.

 

 


Message 2992 of 5,641 (718 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/27/2007
Offline
8703 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2014

That's what I hope they are doing with MGSV. I hope this all turns out to be the missing link, but the problem with that is Kojima said that the game ends with the resolution we already know: Big Boss creates Outer Heaven. I mean they already showed us the logo, cementing that as fact.

 

What I hope they do: Pull another Peace Walker. Two ending credit sequences. We think the game is over, but in fact it continues on to be MG1 and 2 remade and combined.

 

They had the perfect opportunity to create Outer Heaven when they blew up Mother Base in GZ. All you had to do was, if you REALLY wanted another Mother Base, was set it just off of the coast of some country. Make Zanzibarland a country with a coast that you can build inwards from the sea. So from the beginning you've got a bunch of struts and platforms, but then you work into the land itself and forge bases into the mountains and jungles.

 

This way we don't need to go through another Mother Base destruction, because let's face it, we all know New Mother Base is gonna get exploded again. That way they can transition into Outer Heaven, but this way it can at least make some sense instead of just "WELL WE LOST ANOTHER BASE LET'S JUST SAY **bleep** THE OCEAN AND GO TO A JUNGLE".

 

You slowly build Mother Base, platform after platform until Kaz tells you they've made a deal with the local governments: You provide protection for them, they give us land. That way you can slowly begin the integration of characters like Kyle Schneider and his family. This is also why base defense would be so important as a mechanic, it would be you upholding your end of the deal and at the same time forging an emotional investment with the characters as your relationship grows and grows.

 

You could even work Bloody Brad into the story thanks to the A.I from Peace Walker. Huey can call it the Biological Rapidthought Autonomous Droid. And thanks to Those Who Don't Exist, and the undoubtable relation to the Snatcher Project, we can have our basis for the origin of BRAD's.

 

EDIT: Oh and thanks for reminding me of Zanzibar Breeze because now I'm stuck listening to it for hours on end.

Take back the future
Message 2993 of 5,641 (717 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34146 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Jun 23, 2014

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

That's what I hope they are doing with MGSV. I hope this all turns out to be the missing link, but the problem with that is Kojima said that the game ends with the resolution we already know: Big Boss creates Outer Heaven. I mean they already showed us the logo, cementing that as fact.

 

What I hope they do: Pull another Peace Walker. Two ending credit sequences. We think the game is over, but in fact it continues on to be MG1 and 2 remade and combined.

 

They had the perfect opportunity to create Outer Heaven when they blew up Mother Base in GZ. All you had to do was, if you REALLY wanted another Mother Base, was set it just off of the coast of some country. Make Zanzibarland a country with a coast that you can build inwards from the sea. So from the beginning you've got a bunch of struts and platforms, but then you work into the land itself and forge bases into the mountains and jungles.

 

This way we don't need to go through another Mother Base destruction, because let's face it, we all know New Mother Base is gonna get exploded again. That way they can transition into Outer Heaven, but this way it can at least make some sense instead of just "WELL WE LOST ANOTHER BASE LET'S JUST SAY **bleep** THE OCEAN AND GO TO A JUNGLE".

 

You slowly build Mother Base, platform after platform until Kaz tells you they've made a deal with the local governments: You provide protection for them, they give us land. That way you can slowly begin the integration of characters like Kyle Schneider and his family. This is also why base defense would be so important as a mechanic, it would be you upholding your end of the deal and at the same time forging an emotional investment with the characters as your relationship grows and grows.

 

You could even work Bloody Brad into the story thanks to the A.I from Peace Walker. Huey can call it the Biological Rapidthought Autonomous Droid. And thanks to Those Who Don't Exist, and the undoubtable relation to the Snatcher Project, we can have our basis for the origin of BRAD's.

 

EDIT: Oh and thanks for reminding me of Zanzibar Breeze because now I'm stuck listening to it for hours on end.


nah bro, they abandon it and later on The Patriots airlift it to New York for MGS2.

 

also, did you notice how in the E3 trailer when the helicopters flew over MB there was a HUGE building on a platform behind the main HQ building, but it was gone in the demo.

wonder if it was a ZEKE hangar or one for the new Metal Gear. after all, ZEKE was probably undamaged after MB was attacked. they had put it under water for the inspection.


Message 2994 of 5,641 (713 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/27/2007
Offline
8703 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Jun 23, 2014

I didn't notice the building, no. Screenshot?

 

I hope we can build theme parks on Mother Base. We need more entertainment to dissuade the fact that certain death is just a helicopter ride away.

Take back the future
Message 2995 of 5,641 (711 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/04/2009
Offline
3877 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2014

I think they should remake both games as a one standalone game with two chapters. Outer Heaven Uprising and Zanzibarland Disturbance. I think for both chapters the core plot remains the same, apart from a few things.

 

0.- (see what I did there?). Before anything, they need to get a BIG retcon on "there's this base called Outer Heaven, a name WE HAVEN'T HEARD BEFORE, so WE, the US GOVERNMENT (ZERO), will ask FOXHOUND, and his commanding officer BIG BOSS, whom we have NO CONFLICT AT ALL, to take a look." Seriously, they need to have a very convincing story for us on how Big Boss returned to the US right under Zero's noses, and being all cool and all. Personally, I think they could pull up something like Zero and Big Boss made a "truce" after the end of the Cold War, but he decided not to return to The Patriots, but to be in charge of FOXHOUND, all while still funding Outer Heaven. And when Zero heard about it again, he demanded Big Boss himself to go and prove himself he wasn't involved.

 

1.- The core element of MG1 remains the same. Outer Heaven, Big Boss sends Gray Fox, he "gets himself caught" but not before "sending a cryptic message... METAL GEAR". Big Boss thought that ruse could get Zero at ease with the thing. He sent his best man out there, and he got himself caught. How could EVER Big Boss be involved? So get an official US mission out there and save my POW, dammit! But nope, Zero didn't believe him, and he DEMANDED him to send a "rookie", Solid Snake. Big Boss knows he is no rookie, it's like watching in a mirror, for crying out loud. So he deploys the best mercs he has in Outer Heaven to battle him, but secretly, Big Boss knows Snake will kick everyones butts before breaking a sweat, so at the end he himself has to try and defeat him before letting Zero know anything. But Big Boss never expected Snake to beat him.

 

2.- The mechanics of MG1 should be the same. Infiltrating a building, rescuing Fox, saving Madnar. Even the areas still be the same, just tweak a bit the whole PAN card mechanic and some of the backtracking (not saying they should remove it altogether). They could even show that Snake, being badass and all, was in fact a rookie in terms of a "sneaking mission", so that's when Fox shows him the ropes. Let him be the one who gives him the box, the tranq gun, and even rations. The enemies and Bosses should remain the same, besides being renamed, of course (FEAR ME, I'M THE SHOTMAKER!!!!), but with the new engine, the enemy AI would be very much improved, making a base-sneaking mission more difficult. And also make all boss fights a unique challenge. For example, Shotmaker still uses shotguns, but Snake can't fight him from a distance because he fights him in a very enclosed area. In fact, Snake can't retrieve his weapons until he defeats him. So the player has to make an approach were he can get close to Shotmaker and CQC him, steal his shotgun, and THEN defeat him. And Shotmaker could still be expecting being CQCed, so don't expect it to be that easy. And the last thing to be changed is the Metal Gear Boss fight. Make it that when Snake is planting the C4s on the legs, Madnar was misleading him with all that "the legs are weak dude" crap, so in fact, Big Boss activates it and fights Snake. But when Snake destroys TX-55, Big Boss, being the only guy who knows how to pilot a Metal Gear, hits the eject button before being blown to ashes. The last boss fight with Big Boss should be tweaked too. I mean, it should be one where Snake can only win with a sniper rifle or something, because any close-quarter enclosure would end with a LOLPWNED CQC and instant gameover when Big Boss blows Snake's face right on-camera, and any mid-range attempt also being innefective because Big Boss's Patriot is a helluva gun. (yeah, he NEEDS to use it).

 

3.- The core plot of MG2 should also be left unchanged. They SHOULDN'T get rid of the OILIX, only tweak it. In MGS4, fuel isn't the main economy that drives the world, so somehow fuel was not an issue in 2014. What they should do is make the OILIX not a fact but an idea, which could be researched and deployed in the next decade. What should also be touched is the whole Zanzibarland independence and stuff. Since ZL is near Afghanistan, and was a Soviet autonomous zone, it should be nice that in TPP Big Boss is on a mission and finds himself there, promising he will be back or something.

 

4.- Again, all the mechanics should also be untouched. In fact, both MG1 and MG2 should have the same gameplay mechanics, besides the ones that are unique for each other (i.e., the Nikita, Oxygen Tank, Fat Man suit, Uniform Disguise and Parachute for MG1, and the Delta Wings, bucket, shape-memory-alloy brooch and cassette tape for MG2). And of course, all names should be worked on again. They could still make some nods to the old names, like easter eggs.

 

5.- Finally, the final boss fights should be checked. Again, the "Oh noes, teh legs!" stuff of Metal Gear D should be removed (also, state why the D in the name). Man, they could even bring back Metal Gear Gustav and make it also part of the boss fight. Also, when D is destroyed, they should move the mindfield boss fight with Fox to an outdoors level. I mean, why Big Boss would have a closed room with only one entrance filled with mindfields? The level could even have a sort-of puzzle where Snake has to think a way to get pass the mindfield back inside the base, because, he still wants to deal with Big Boss. And Big Boss's fight should be one where Snake still has a gun, but Big Boss makes that amazing The Boss "I'll eat your gun for breakfast" move and leave Snake weaponless. Make Snake run for cover, because if Big Boss's Patriot hits him too much, it will be a gameover (like when playing MGS2 in European Extreme). And in those run-for-your-live attempts, is where Snake finds his lighter and then a spray can, and then he waits for Big Boss behind a wall and PAM FLAMETHROWER and we get a very explicit taboo gory scene with Big Boss being incinerated.

 

Please, Kojima-san, read this.

 photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 2996 of 5,641 (693 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/20/2008
Offline
7393 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Jun 23, 2014

Oh look, someone dubbed Hayter doing Kiefer's job again.

 

 

Spoiler
;_;

 

 

Message 2997 of 5,641 (662 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34146 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Jun 23, 2014

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

I didn't notice the building, no. Screenshot?

 

I hope we can build theme parks on Mother Base. We need more entertainment to dissuade the fact that certain death is just a helicopter ride away.


giant black building in the bacck:

 

pic_z_005_xafvk1.jpg


Message 2998 of 5,641 (649 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/28/2006
Offline
34146 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Jun 23, 2014

SergeantVincent wrote:

Oh look, someone dubbed Hayter doing Kiefer's job again.

 

 

Spoiler
;_;

 

 


that was pretty stupid. all it was was the scream, the scream that wasnt even audible in the trailer. Smiley Very Happy


Message 2999 of 5,641 (646 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/27/2007
Offline
8703 posts
 

Re: [INFO] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Jun 23, 2014

the_original_se wrote:

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

I didn't notice the building, no. Screenshot?

 

I hope we can build theme parks on Mother Base. We need more entertainment to dissuade the fact that certain death is just a helicopter ride away.


giant black building in the bacck:

 

pic_z_005_xafvk1.jpg


Wow that thing is huge. It looks fatter than the two buildings on old Mother Base. I wonder if we get to climb that thing. I wonder if enemies can land helicopters on top of it. That would be interesting.

Take back the future
Message 3000 of 5,641 (641 Views)
Reply
0 Likes