Treasure Hunter
8661 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Information Thread

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2014

WillyMGS wrote:

Looks more like the Attack of the 50 Foot Woman.

Also, Kojima was doing some interview and voice recording today. Maybe Kojima will be doing another cameo in TPP.

He also posted this:

dsddsfsdfsd

Limited Edition Rising PS3? Smiley Mad

Message 3071 of 5,641 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Jun 30, 2014

SergeantVincent wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

Ranking system one thing I hate about this game. Causing me to play in a linear fashion. If you want S-Rank you need to play one way and most likely the way every other gamer played to get it. I know, I could get S-Rank, but do I want S-Rank, if it ruins choice gameplay immersion? 

I don't think you understand what that word means. At all.

It sounds to me like you need to git gud. Scrub.

Sure I understand the term. That is why there is a connected word after it. Linear fashion. The game itself is not linear, only the S-Rank seems to produce a Linear fashion. Make this clear for you. To get S-rank you must act fast - use one main weapon approach - no deaths or only few. After getting S-Rank I wanted to see if my way was done multiple times online. Sure enough the way I was forced to complete S-rank, it was the typical way 1000's of gamers executed the mission. So from my stand point the way to get S-rank is fashioned, with a linear style approach. 

So you're flustered because someone got an S rank the same way as you? The game in no way forces you to follow a set internet walkthrough to get an S rank. You just have to not be god awful. If you aren't satisfied, then get it a different way so you can redeem your bragging rights.

Also no they aren't fixing the alarms. Not for GZ anyway.

You seem to be taking my thoughts the wrong way, again. This has nothing to do with being satisfied, or bragging rights. 

Message 3072 of 5,641 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Jul 1, 2014

VR_F0X wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

Looks more like the Attack of the 50 Foot Woman.

Also, Kojima was doing some interview and voice recording today. Maybe Kojima will be doing another cameo in TPP.

He also posted this:

Limited Edition Rising PS3? Smiley Mad

Isn't it a little late for that? The game is over a year old now.

Also, that Diamond Dogs song is pretty catchy. Instead of sirens, we should have that play at Mother Base.

Take back the future
Message 3073 of 5,641 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Jul 1, 2014

Inf7cted wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

Ranking system one thing I hate about this game. Causing me to play in a linear fashion. If you want S-Rank you need to play one way and most likely the way every other gamer played to get it. I know, I could get S-Rank, but do I want S-Rank, if it ruins choice gameplay immersion? 

Sure I understand the term. That is why there is a connected word after it. Linear fashion. The game itself is not linear, only the S-Rank seems to produce a Linear fashion. Make this clear for you. To get S-rank you must act fast - use one main weapon approach - no deaths or only few. After getting S-Rank I wanted to see if my way was done multiple times online. Sure enough the way I was forced to complete S-rank, it was the typical way 1000's of gamers executed the mission. So from my stand point the way to get S-rank is fashioned, with a linear style approach. 

So you're flustered because someone got an S rank the same way as you? The game in no way forces you to follow a set internet walkthrough to get an S rank. You just have to not be god awful. If you aren't satisfied, then get it a different way so you can redeem your bragging rights.

You seem to be taking my thoughts the wrong way, again. This has nothing to do with being satisfied, or bragging rights. 

No, I'm not understanding you the wrong way. You think that getting an S-rank is linear because the one way you managed to do it just happened to be the same way that someone else online did. If it had nothing to do with being satisfied, you wouldn't be complaining about it. If this has something to do with the fact that using a tranq gun and not being spotted is somehow "linear", then you need to git gud. End of discussion.

Message 3074 of 5,641 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8703 posts

Jul 1, 2014

I just noticed that the trick at the end of MG2 is similar to the Rat Patrol 01 twist, with VRAM:01k being Kio Marv's name right in front of you the whole time, same as PATR10T.

Take back the future
Message 3075 of 5,641 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Jul 1, 2014

SergeantVincent wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

No, I'm not understanding you the wrong way. You think that getting an S-rank is linear because the one way you managed to do it just happened to be the same way that someone else online did. 

The gameplay already seemed linear in fashion when aiming for S-Rank. I went online after completion, to research how everyone was doing it. You are forced to play stealth - no kills - tranquilizer- time limit. Rinse and repeat. So having fun killing without being detected would add more avenues. No time limit, would add more me time to enjoy the moment. Also noticed there is no silencer for the sniper rifle. Odd. 

Message 3076 of 5,641 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2014

One thing I don't understand is how the checkpoint system works with NPC. Noticed if I knockout enemy NPC and hide them far out of site, then leave the game or restart a checkpoint they instantly wake up or spawn on the other side of the map. Also noticed they will sometimes spawn inside a jeep or truck.

Oh and how do you turn off the voice audio? Each time I restart a mission you are forced to listen to a long speech about the mission objectives over the radio comms. Once is plenty. 

Message 3077 of 5,641 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2014

Inf7cted wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Inf7cted wrote:

No, I'm not understanding you the wrong way. You think that getting an S-rank is linear because the one way you managed to do it just happened to be the same way that someone else online did. 

The gameplay already seemed linear in fashion when aiming for S-Rank. I went online after completion, to research how everyone was doing it. You are forced to play stealth - no kills - tranquilizer- time limit. Rinse and repeat. So having fun killing without being detected would add more avenues. No time limit, would add more me time to enjoy the moment. Also noticed there is no silencer for the sniper rifle. Odd. 

Jesus. What don't you understand?

This is a STEALTH GAME. No **bleep** you're forced to play stealth to get an S rank. 

No, killing is easy mode.

If you want to enjoy the moment then you wouldn't be simultaneously shooting for an S rank.

BECAUSE KILLING IS EASY. The M2000 is easily the best weapon in the game and adding a suppressor to it would be equal to a cake walk on a calm Sunday afternoon.

Since this is your first MGS game (No need to tell me that) I will explain it for you:

Killing is bad. Even though story-wise we're seeing Snake turn into the evil Big Boss we've (we, not you) have known since the very beginning, if you want to receive the best rank possible, you play the game LIKE A PROFESSIONAL, and you don't kill anyone.

You can't walk into the 5th (the 8th, canonically) game in a series and just expect your opinion to matter after you've clearly shown that you have no idea what you're talking about. Stop making a fool out of yourself.

Message 3078 of 5,641 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1573 posts

Jul 1, 2014

Just checking to see how one of the worst MGS threads on the internet is doing.. Ahh looks like it's still the same.. a hand of full of people are right every new poster is wrong.. 

Ohh awesome looks at all those kojima production staff members in here.. 

hahahaa 

Message 3079 of 5,641 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8661 posts

Jul 1, 2014

glasscut wrote:

Just checking to see how one of the worst MGS threads on the internet is doing.. Ahh looks like it's still the same.. a hand of full of people are right every new poster is wrong.. 

Ohh awesome looks at all those kojima production staff members in here.. 

hahahaa 

CLASSIC GLASSCUT.

fggchvjjk

Smiley Mad

Message 3080 of 5,641 (407 Views)