PlayStation MVP
33564 posts

Re: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Information Thread

Sep 7, 2013

WillyMGS wrote:

As for the demo news... I'm into all they talked about, but I'm concerned by this two things:

1.- "Regenerating Health": Well, it hasn't been officialy said it IS regenerating health, but personally, I wouldn't like it. The only thing I didn't like about Uncharted 2 was that aspect. I'd prefer that you have to tell how your health is by the information the game says without a HUD, like hearing Snake's breathing, if he is moving slower, maybe heartbeat sounds. But I wouldn't like for MGS to have regenerating Health. And yeah, I know MGS3 had it.

2.- Slow-Motion Alert Canceling: I liked the idea, but I wan't to know exactly how long the time gap is. If you have more than 2 seconds to react, then that'd made it too easy. Also I'd like to know if you can turn it off or that if by going on harder difficulties the time gap will decrease till eventually having no time gap at all in Extreme.

Oh and Vincent, supposedly this interrogation is far more diverse than the one from MGS3. It seems that when you grab the guy on a full nelson, different prompts will appear on screen so you can ask what you want to the hostile dude.

if its just like the scene in the trailer where Big Boss slo-mo CQC-grabs the gun from the soldier and shoots him then im ok with it. that didnt seem like it was very long or too slo-mo.

also Big Boss will be effected by the slo-mo too, so it wont be like hes a superhero who can stop time. it seems to just be a way to execute alert attacks or moves easier.

Message 91 of 5,022 (1,498 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5030 posts

Sep 7, 2013

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f176/fitz221/ncip.gif

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 92 of 5,022 (1,132 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3860 posts

Sep 7, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

As for the demo news... I'm into all they talked about, but I'm concerned by this two things:

1.- "Regenerating Health": Well, it hasn't been officialy said it IS regenerating health, but personally, I wouldn't like it. The only thing I didn't like about Uncharted 2 was that aspect. I'd prefer that you have to tell how your health is by the information the game says without a HUD, like hearing Snake's breathing, if he is moving slower, maybe heartbeat sounds. But I wouldn't like for MGS to have regenerating Health. And yeah, I know MGS3 had it.

2.- Slow-Motion Alert Canceling: I liked the idea, but I wan't to know exactly how long the time gap is. If you have more than 2 seconds to react, then that'd made it too easy. Also I'd like to know if you can turn it off or that if by going on harder difficulties the time gap will decrease till eventually having no time gap at all in Extreme.

Oh and Vincent, supposedly this interrogation is far more diverse than the one from MGS3. It seems that when you grab the guy on a full nelson, different prompts will appear on screen so you can ask what you want to the hostile dude.

if its just like the scene in the trailer where Big Boss slo-mo CQC-grabs the gun from the soldier and shoots him then im ok with it. that didnt seem like it was very long or too slo-mo.

also Big Boss will be effected by the slo-mo too, so it wont be like hes a superhero who can stop time. it seems to just be a way to execute alert attacks or moves easier.

Yeah, but then I rememberd the Dead-Eye from Red Dead Redemption, which was way easy to target the guy's head and BLAM!.

But... If they include Ocelot in MGO, I woudln't mind the Dead-Eye Smiley Happy.

photo Big-Boss-and-DD-Banner_zpsadb52d17.jpg
Message 93 of 5,022 (1,131 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33564 posts

Sep 8, 2013

WillyMGS wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

WillyMGS wrote:

Yeah, but then I rememberd the Dead-Eye from Red Dead Redemption, which was way easy to target the guy's head and BLAM!.

But... If they include Ocelot in MGO, I woudln't mind the Dead-Eye Smiley Happy.

well didnt it say that the slo-mo only takes effect upon alert through an on-screen prompt?

i dont think it will be a feature you can use wherever at anytime. at least i hope not.

Message 94 of 5,022 (1,127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8650 posts

Sep 10, 2013

I just want to hold it in my hands and see it with my own eyes... The hype is killing me. At least GTAV and the PS4 will hold me over, but still, this sucks. Smiley Mad

Take back the future
Message 95 of 5,022 (956 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5030 posts

Sep 10, 2013

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

I just want to hold it in my hands and see it with my own eyes... The hype is killing me. At least GTAV and the PS4 will hold me over, but still, this sucks. Smiley Mad

I say the same thing about Emma W, Ryan, the exact same thing.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Frodo-Hug-Samwise-Elijah-Wood-Sean-Astin.gif

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 96 of 5,022 (949 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8593 posts

Sep 10, 2013

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

Wouldn't you rather play it though? NOT GOING TO BE DOING MUCH SAT IN YOUR HANDS, MATE. Smiley Mad

Message 97 of 5,022 (944 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Sep 10, 2013

So uh. Is GTA V going to be worth the $60? I really want it to be, but I dunno...

I feel like it's gonna be like every other open world game where it dies after I do all of the ridiculously short side missions. 

Though the online does look promising...There is a mode online where you and friends can just **bleep** around in the world, right?

Message 98 of 5,022 (938 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33564 posts

Sep 10, 2013

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

thats what she said.

Message 99 of 5,022 (930 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8593 posts

Sep 10, 2013

SergeantVincent wrote:

So uh. Is GTA V going to be worth the $60? I really want it to be, but I dunno...

I feel like it's gonna be like every other open world game where it dies after I do all of the ridiculously short side missions. 

Though the online does look promising...There is a mode online where you and friends can just **bleep** around in the world, right?

The whole heist aspect is the most interesting thing to me, since the bank robbery missions from the other GTAs were pretty much the best missions for me, especially in Vice City. It looks like it is going to be more fun than GTAIV with more interesting characters and more diverse locations. 

I am pretty sure that is what the online is all about really. You can go do activities like rob a store, or more traditional type modes like deathmatch, but you can also just go and mess around in the open world with friends.

Should be interesting to see how MGO works out if they are keeping the whole open world aspect for that as well. Smiley Mad

Message 100 of 5,022 (919 Views)
0 Likes