Release Date:  2014

ERSB Game Rating: T

Digital Download Size:  N/A

Platform: PS4

Suggested Manufacturer's Retail Price: Free

planetside_2_game-t2.jpg

overview.jpg

UNPRECEDENTED SCALE!

Battles take place not between dozens of troops, but thousands; with air and ground vehicles slugging it out alongside squads of troops. Whether in open fields, tightly packed urban centers or enormous structures, planning, teamwork and communication are essential.

PlanetSide 2 features incredible continent maps with dozens of square kilometers of seamless gameplay space; every inch of which is hand-crafted, contestable space. With the territorial control meta-game, landmass has intrinsic value.

PLANNING, TEAMWORK AND COMMUNICATION!

In PlanetSide 2 battles can last for days or even weeks, and finally taking control of the base means it's yours until someone can take it back. Working strategically as a team to capture key tactical positions such as power plants and ammo depots have long-lasting effects that can shift the tide of battle. Victory requires strategic teamwork and a quick trigger finger to survive the massive battles.

PlanetSide 2 provides sophisticated communication tools that players need to coordinate and strategize from within and outside the game environments. From our up-to-the-minute, data driven Players site, providing the most relevant stats, map dominance information and more.

KEY FEATURES:

• THREE WARING EMPIRES: Players will choose to align with one of three unique Empires – the militaristic, authoritarian Terran Republic, the rebellious, freedom-fighter faction New Conglomerate, or the technocratic, alien-influenced Empire Vanu Sovereignty. Each Empire has access to unique weapons, attachments, vehicles, abilities, and more.
  • MASSIVE WARFARE: With air and ground vehicles slugging it out alongside squads of infantry troops, battles take place not between dozens of soldiers, but thousands, all on incredible outsized continent maps of seamless, contestable gameplay space. Whether in open fields, tightly-packed urban centers or enormous outposts, victory requires calculated teamwork and a quick trigger finger to survive the massive battles.
  • PERSISTENCE THAT PAYS: In PlanetSide 2 the war isn’t won by a single base capture. The core gameplay of PlanetSide 2 is about holding crucial territories and controlling resources. Working strategically as a team to secure tactical positions, such as power plants and ammo depots, has long-lasting effects that can shift the tide of battle and provide key rewards and bonuses.
  • CLASSES IN COMBAT: Players can build their soldier to match their play-style, as well as the needs of their squad, outfit or Empire. With 6 distinct classes to explore, each combat role, vehicle and weapon has extensive skill trees that will allow players to grow characters laterally, unlocking hundreds of weapons, attachments, equipment, specialized skills, vehicles, and more.
  • OUTFIT TEAMWORK: Outfits play a very important role in each and every battle. From a small group of specialized soldiers or rapid response team, to a huge clan that can field multiple platoons of hundreds of players, outfits have access to unique customizations– allowing them to create their own identity and manage their reputation and overall role in the ongoing war.

UPDATES

|| Official PlanetSide 2 Updates || 

banner 1.jpg

empires.jpg

Spoiler
New Conglomerate : Rebels, freedom fighters or terrorists? The New Conglomerate operates as a loosely organized band of dissidents, vehemently opposed to the stranglehold that the Terran Republic has on Auraxis. Led by an unusual quorum of outcasts, industry titans, pirates and former military leaders, the New Conglomerate is unwavering and prepared to achieve their goals by any means necessary.

• Terran Republic An authoritarian government that leverages military might to maintain strict control over the colonial citizens. The Terran Republic is obsessed with the preservation of law and order and are thus seen by some to be an oppressive and dictatorial force, but many view the TR as the only hope for lasting security on Auraxis.

• Vanu SovereigntyVanu has taught that only through technology can humanity evolve it's next state of existence. The Vanu Sovereignty is extremely advanced, employing powerful alien technology on the battlefield. Their singular purpose is to uncover the secrets hidden away in ancient artifacts scattered over the surface of Auraxis and they will annihilate anyone who interferes.

hub_Free2PlayGames_LrgeBanner_PlanetSide2.jpg

guide.jpg

Spoiler

websites.jpg 

Official Sites:

Social Media: 

PlanetSide2_668x227.jpg

Photo's.png

planetside-2-screenshot.jpg

PS2_Screens_VS_getmosquito1.jpg

Click the Spoiler Tag to See More Photos... 

Spoiler

ps2gdc2012screens0305127.jpg

ss1.jpg

3bc3ed8a0140ac70aae339e16a09a3e1_1.jpg

original.jpg

Planetside-2-_Screenshots_02.jpg

ps4-game-7816_mid_img16.jpg

TR7UlaV.jpg

videos.png

Spoiler

722.jpg

Special Thanks to da1writer for his work in the [INFO] community...
Hey That Chris signature
Message 1 of 73 (1,259 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8202 posts

Re: [INFO] Planetside 2

Jun 29, 2014

[Reserved for more info.]

Hey That Chris signature
Message 2 of 73 (1,257 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13007 posts

Jun 29, 2014

From their forums a post I just read and got me thinking new ones are on the way for the PS4.

Fresh bugs coming to PS4 platform. Exciting ! A new way to find aggravation and a reason to smash PS4.

Message 3 of 73 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8202 posts

Jun 29, 2014

fostermacation wrote:

From their forums a post I just read and got me thinking new ones are on the way for the PS4.

Fresh bugs coming to PS4 platform. Exciting ! A new way to find aggravation and a reason to smash PS4.

Cool story...

Then what happened?

Hey That Chris signature
Message 4 of 73 (1,251 Views)
MVP Support
6112 posts

Jun 29, 2014

Looks Great! Glad me and you could do this together, we stayed up until 5am on Saturday getting the Info thread completed!

Hope others are excited for this game, played it at E3 and thought it was great! Played extremely well!

Message 5 of 73 (1,218 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Jun 30, 2014

Still very much excited for this one. With luck it will be released on PS4 before I turn 50. I made it this long so what's another year?

Smiley Happy

This account is being put to pasture soon...Danny_Xanax shall be the new me.
BHD | LaG | Twitter
Message 6 of 73 (1,152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Jun 30, 2014

Dantology65 wrote:

Still very much excited for this one. With luck it will be released on PS4 before I turn 50. I made it this long so what's another year?

Smiley Happy

They have already confirmed that it is coming this year.

Message 7 of 73 (1,135 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2014

Cannot wait for this game! PS2>Destiny imo. Hoping to get a date on the beta or even a release date soon.

Message 8 of 73 (1,126 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
24 posts

Jun 30, 2014

Still not pinning down a date...or even a month is sort of thrwing a monkey wrench in my game schedule for the rest of the year. Me and another friend were trying to piee what games we're getting together since we're big on coop...Destiny in Sept, AC:Unity in October and Far Cry 4 in November. But there are some other games I'd like to get but I'm holding off till I get more on Planetside 2. Sorry but hope it' no-where near Destiny......

Message 9 of 73 (1,085 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Jun 30, 2014

I haven't decided if I am going to download this after learning it could easily turn into a pay to win game.

Message 10 of 73 (1,081 Views)
0 Likes