Supported Players: 2000 per Server
Developer: Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Publisher: Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Release Date: 2014
ERSB Game Rating: T
Digital Download Size: N/A
Suggested Manufacturer's Retail Price: Free
Battles take place not between dozens of troops, but thousands; with air and ground vehicles slugging it out alongside squads of troops. Whether in open fields, tightly packed urban centers or enormous structures, planning, teamwork and communication are essential.
PlanetSide 2 features incredible continent maps with dozens of square kilometers of seamless gameplay space; every inch of which is hand-crafted, contestable space. With the territorial control meta-game, landmass has intrinsic value.
PLANNING, TEAMWORK AND COMMUNICATION!
In PlanetSide 2 battles can last for days or even weeks, and finally taking control of the base means it's yours until someone can take it back. Working strategically as a team to capture key tactical positions such as power plants and ammo depots have long-lasting effects that can shift the tide of battle. Victory requires strategic teamwork and a quick trigger finger to survive the massive battles.
PlanetSide 2 provides sophisticated communication tools that players need to coordinate and strategize from within and outside the game environments. From our up-to-the-minute, data driven Players site, providing the most relevant stats, map dominance information and more.
- THREE WARING EMPIRES: Players will choose to align with one of three unique Empires – the militaristic, authoritarian Terran Republic, the rebellious, freedom-fighter faction New Conglomerate, or the technocratic, alien-influenced Empire Vanu Sovereignty. Each Empire has access to unique weapons, attachments, vehicles, abilities, and more.
- MASSIVE WARFARE: With air and ground vehicles slugging it out alongside squads of infantry troops, battles take place not between dozens of soldiers, but thousands, all on incredible outsized continent maps of seamless, contestable gameplay space. Whether in open fields, tightly-packed urban centers or enormous outposts, victory requires calculated teamwork and a quick trigger finger to survive the massive battles.
- PERSISTENCE THAT PAYS: In PlanetSide 2 the war isn’t won by a single base capture. The core gameplay of PlanetSide 2 is about holding crucial territories and controlling resources. Working strategically as a team to secure tactical positions, such as power plants and ammo depots, has long-lasting effects that can shift the tide of battle and provide key rewards and bonuses.
- CLASSES IN COMBAT: Players can build their soldier to match their play-style, as well as the needs of their squad, outfit or Empire. With 6 distinct classes to explore, each combat role, vehicle and weapon has extensive skill trees that will allow players to grow characters laterally, unlocking hundreds of weapons, attachments, equipment, specialized skills, vehicles, and more.
- OUTFIT TEAMWORK: Outfits play a very important role in each and every battle. From a small group of specialized soldiers or rapid response team, to a huge clan that can field multiple platoons of hundreds of players, outfits have access to unique customizations– allowing them to create their own identity and manage their reputation and overall role in the ongoing war.
- Terran Republic : An authoritarian government that leverages military might to maintain strict control over the colonial citizens. The Terran Republic is obsessed with the preservation of law and order and are thus seen by some to be an oppressive and dictatorial force, but many view the TR as the only hope for lasting security on Auraxis.
- Vanu Sovereignty: Vanu has taught that only through technology can humanity evolve it's next state of existence. The Vanu Sovereignty is extremely advanced, employing powerful alien technology on the battlefield. Their singular purpose is to uncover the secrets hidden away in ancient artifacts scattered over the surface of Auraxis and they will annihilate anyone who interferes.
- Official Wiki Page
- Alternate Wiki Page
- PlanetSide 2 Playstation Site Page
- Official PlanetSide 2 Site
- SOE Official Site
- PlanetSide 2 Steam Community
- Twitter: @planetside2
- Twitter 2: @SonyOnline
- Facebook: Official PlanetSide 2 Facebook Page
- Facebook 2: Official Sony Online Facebook Page
From their forums a post I just read and got me thinking new ones are on the way for the PS4.
Fresh bugs coming to PS4 platform. Exciting ! A new way to find aggravation and a reason to smash PS4.
Then what happened?
Looks Great! Glad me and you could do this together, we stayed up until 5am on Saturday getting the Info thread completed!
Hope others are excited for this game, played it at E3 and thought it was great! Played extremely well!
NEW? Read First! | PS4 HDD Speed Tests | PlayStation VR : Everything About it so Far | [GUIDE] Improve Your DS4 Battery Life | [Tutorial] Swap Stock HD & Install New One in PS4 | My PlayStation Gold Headsets Review | INFO Threads : What I've Helped With and Create | Sneak Peek of my Future INFO Threads |
Still very much excited for this one. With luck it will be released on PS4 before I turn 50. I made it this long so what's another year?
They have already confirmed that it is coming this year.
Still not pinning down a date...or even a month is sort of thrwing a monkey wrench in my game schedule for the rest of the year. Me and another friend were trying to piee what games we're getting together since we're big on coop...Destiny in Sept, AC:Unity in October and Far Cry 4 in November. But there are some other games I'd like to get but I'm holding off till I get more on Planetside 2. Sorry but hope it' no-where near Destiny......