Treasure Hunter
6609 posts

Re: [INFO] Playstation Plus (August Plus Lineup)

Jul 30, 2014

I bought Crysis 3 earlier this summer, but Im glad others will get a chance to play it. I'm mainly looking forward to playing Dragons Crown and Fez.

Message 31 of 131 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4337 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Talented-Taco wrote:

Yea.  They wont be available until next Tuesday.  

Message 32 of 131 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1589 posts

Jul 30, 2014

Colonel_Clutz wrote:

I don't mind the PS4 & Vita titles at all. 

For those who want those AAA tiltes as a free PS + Title for the PS4, good luck. Do you really think EA, Activision, etc will allow their titles like Battlefield, COD, etc to go for fee on PS + for the PS4? don't hold your breath.

Battlefield 3 was a PS+ title not that long ago. As was Uncharted 3, Tomb Raider, Arkham City and Kingdoms of Amalur.

Message 33 of 131 (376 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11305 posts

Jul 30, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Talented-Taco wrote:

HI everybody. Mercenary thank you for posting this ASAP as well. You are God for posting this. lol

Also, Hello everybody. I am little **bleep** that complains about FREE things.

Free..?  Since when..?  You pay each year for the service to have them, and once you (eventually) end your service, Sony keeps the games.  They're not free by any means.  

The math of PlayStation Plus works out in the following way...

While the games aren't technically free in the sense that you're getting something for nothing, you have to look at it from the perspective of being part of a money-saver's club. Take GameStop's Edge or PowerUps reward program as an example. You spend $15 a year getting an issue of Game Informer delivered to your home. You also have the benefit of receiving credit toward everything you trade or buy. With money taken off every used products you purchase, in this sense the rewards for that $15 can go a long way depending on how well you use it.

In a similar sense, PlayStation Plus is a subscription service. You spend the $18/$50 once, and for the duration you'll have access to not only discounts but the freebies as well. If say there's a "Free" game that you've been craving to play, then having already spent the $50 (or whatever) you've already saved yourself a little bit of money when the cost of the game is taken into the account of what you've already spent. When the total amount of games that you've personally wanted to play all add up at the end of the term, that's where the $50 (or whatever) you've spent on that term really kicks in and should please you knowing that you didn't spend even more than $50 to buy all those same games that you would have if you were not a PlayStation Plus member.

If your total at the end of a given term doesn't amount to as much as you've spent, obviously PlayStation Plus isn't for you. To really get the most out of PlayStation Plus though, it's better to be an active PlayStation gamer across all available PlayStation platforms. Additionally, having a ranged interest in various games across the board helps. If your main interest in gaming is related to one or two franchises alone, PlayStation Plus will not be helpful to someone who only plays Call of Duty (or something similar) online all the time. On the other hand, if you're after playing everything from the Sly Cooper series, the WipEout series, Dead Nation, Binary Domain, Critter Crunch, Machinarium, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Silent Hill, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Back to the Future: The Game, and many others that have been on Plus at one point or another... then PlayStation Plus certainly has a chance to hopefully surprise and offer you more by spending the cash on the fixed rate rather than placing your money on every single game you would have otherwise paid an even larger chunk of change to have.

Message 34 of 131 (373 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18974 posts

Jul 30, 2014

Not Saints Row IV/10

Message 35 of 131 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4337 posts

Jul 30, 2014

moog wrote:

Colonel_Clutz wrote:

I don't mind the PS4 & Vita titles at all. 

For those who want those AAA tiltes as a free PS + Title for the PS4, good luck. Do you really think EA, Activision, etc will allow their titles like Battlefield, COD, etc to go for fee on PS + for the PS4? don't hold your breath.

Battlefield 3 was a PS+ title not that long ago. As was Uncharted 3, Tomb Raider, Arkham City and Kingdoms of Amalur.

I wasn't aware that we had any AAA titles for the PS4.  

Message 36 of 131 (351 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
978 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2014

I'll always have Plus because I always will want the option to play online or coop with friends (as soon as I acquire a few ;-)).  Having only a PS4, and only since June, the value of PS+ may not be as great for me as for someone with multiple Sony platforms, but I wont complain.  I got in too late for Resogun, but I certainly enjoyed Trine 2 (I know, not technically an indie), and Ultimate Pixel Junk Shooter (or whatever) isn't awful.  Stryder is okay but can be frustrating.  Didn't care for Tower of Assention (ugly 8-bit games - sorry, but been there, done that in the 80's).  I know that indies are what we can expect for the duration of 2014, but let's get some classic indies worth playing - Limbo, Shovel Knights, Two Brothers, etc. are/were good indie games.  There are many decent indie games on PC and iOS that are not yet on PSN.  I hope Sony is in negotiations to bring some B+ - A quality indies to PS4 to fill the balance of 2014.     

Message 37 of 131 (348 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
11580 posts

Jul 30, 2014
Another month where nothing gets downloaded
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 38 of 131 (341 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4337 posts

Jul 30, 2014

Savage1101 wrote:

I'll always have Plus because I always will want the option to play online or coop with friends (as soon as I acquire a few ;-)).  Having only a PS4, and only since June, the value of PS+ may not be as great for me as for someone with multiple Sony platforms, but I wont complain.  I got in too late for Resogun, but I certainly enjoyed Trine 2 (I know, not technically an indie), and Ultimate Pixel Junk Shooter (or whatever) isn't awful.  Stryder is okay but can be frustrating.  Didn't care for Tower of Assention (ugly 8-bit games - sorry, but been there, done that in the 80's).  I know that indies are what we can expect for the duration of 2014, but let's get some classic indies worth playing - Limbo, Shovel Knights, Two Brothers, etc. are/were good indie games.  There are many decent indie games on PC and iOS that are not yet on PSN.  I hope Sony is in negotiations to bring some B+ - A quality indies to PS4 to fill the balance of 2014.     

Two Brothers would have been great if it had been in English.  I didn't finish because I couldn't follow the storyline or I would have.  

Message 39 of 131 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2254 posts

Jul 30, 2014

I think my first statement fit pretty well.

I'm a little **bleep** that complains about FREE games and the addition that it isn't mandatory and I pay my money and have the choice not to every year and I still complain about it even though all I have to do is stop buying it.

Message 40 of 131 (324 Views)
0 Likes