Splicer
60 posts

Re: [INFO] Playstation Plus (August Plus Lineup)

Jul 31, 2014

Another month, another crappy line up for PS4

Message 81 of 131 (504 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13775 posts

Jul 31, 2014

Talented-Taco wrote:

Mercenary09 wrote:

For all of you saying that Xbox got better games this month I don't think so. Crimson Dragon has like a 55 metacritic score and Strike Suit Zero only appeals to a small group. Ya'll are really jealous of that?

Let them know! Get your connections and a mod or two and whip all these **bleep** into shape.

STOP **bleep** PAYING FOR PLUS IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT. STOP POSTING ON THE FORUMS IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO SUCK **bleep** ALL THE TIME.

This post has been brought to you buy "coming for your neck" dot org

Online play paywall, You don't have an option if you play online.  So complaining is valid. It wasn't valid last year because Playstation Plus was optional, now for a majority of people it's mandatory.

But that said. I don't even care, I gave up caring about the paywall a long time ago.

Message 82 of 131 (502 Views)
Gaming Beast
1918 posts

Aug 1, 2014

This is an outrage!! Where is my Madden 15 on ps4 for August?! Destiny is free in September right? Shadows of Mordor for October, we demand it! Dragon Age: Inquisition for November or riot! 

In all seriousness this is one of the best months for PS+. I planned on grabbing Road Not Taken on day 1. Did not expect that as a freebie for plus upon release. Score!!! I almost bought Dragon's Crown last week too. Glad I held off! Keep up the good work! :smileyvery-happy:

Message 83 of 131 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
615 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 1, 2014

Ghostwize wrote:

This is an outrage!! Where is my Madden 15 on ps4 for August?! Destiny is free in September right? Shadows of Mordor for October, we demand it! Dragon Age: Inquisition for November or riot! 

In all seriousness this is one of the best months for PS+. I planned on grabbing Road Not Taken on day 1. Did not expect that as a freebie for plus upon release. Score!!! I almost bought Dragon's Crown last week too. Glad I held off! Keep up the good work! :smileyvery-happy:

I don't know where you're seeing people demanding launch titles. I know the majority of the complainers aren't delusional enough to believe we would get those games. I think much of their frustration comes with the lack of variety and popularity here. You have to admit that the ps4 games really cater to a specific audience. Games like Road Not Taken and Don't Starve work well for gamers like you and me who are actively involved in the Playstation community. For the majority of ps4 owners, they aren't interested in playing those games.

Sony kind of made it look like they were going in a different direction when they introduced the ps4. When they announced that we would be getting a version of Driveclub for free, it sounded like we would be getting to play at least a large portion of brand new retail games. I'm not sure why they haven't tried it with other games yet; maybe they still want to use Driveclub as the guinea pig. Regardless, I'm not surprised that some people are disappointed that we still haven't gotten into some bigger titles than the $15 ones we've gotten so far.

I know it's still early, but Sony should start giving some bigger games soon. A game like Knack has certainly leveled off in sales by now and would make more of a splash. Also, don't forget that free games only last for a month now. Sony has a little more incentive now to put some bigger games in the plus selection.

Message 84 of 131 (450 Views)
Gaming Beast
1918 posts

Aug 1, 2014

^^ It's still so early though. We didn't get anything noteworthy in ps+ for about a year on the ps3 and there was a massive catalogue available when it launched. We'll start seeing AAA games when the ps4 AAA catalogue has expanded exponentially. All in due time my friends! :smileyvery-happy: Game on!!! :smileyhappy:

Message 85 of 131 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1817 posts

Aug 1, 2014

I don't think anyone serious expects AAA for the PS4 in their PS+ subscription, no one other than spoiled brats and newcomers. There's so little available at the moment, sales will remain strong for the decent  PS4 games due to the rather limited choice. With the exeption of Knack, which tanked. I can see Second Son hitting PS+ before the end of the year, but nothing else.

If people don't think they're getting value, they should cancel the service and come back in a year or two.

Message 86 of 131 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13775 posts

Aug 2, 2014

moog wrote:

I don't think anyone serious expects AAA for the PS4 in their PS+ subscription, no one other than spoiled brats and newcomers. There's so little available at the moment, sales will remain strong for the decent  PS4 games due to the rather limited choice. With the exeption of Knack, which tanked. I can see Second Son hitting PS+ before the end of the year, but nothing else.

If people don't think they're getting value, they should cancel the service and come back in a year or two.

Online players cannot do that.

Message 87 of 131 (329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 3, 2014

hmph i had a lets try it before i bash it attitude once, and i played stick it to the man, no i have a attitude similar to that crap games title. i thought we were getting planetside 2? drive club? why is the ps4 getting 1980's nintendo quality games

Message 88 of 131 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
603 posts

Aug 3, 2014
Just noticed that both Road Not Taken and Metrico are Day 1 free games. Pleasantly surprised.
Message 89 of 131 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Aug 3, 2014

moog wrote:

If PlayStation Plus wasn't required to access online play, the majority of people would cancel.  That's why we're forced to pay the monthly subscription for online access, on top of our purchase of the system, and every game.

Message 90 of 131 (277 Views)
0 Likes