Mar 09 2014
By: ck2875 Fender Bender 3345 posts

[INFO] South Park: The Stick of Truth

28 replies 1496 views Edited Mar 9, 2014

stickoftruth_banner.jpg  

TheStickofTruth_Logo

SP_info

NEWS

3.4.2014 - The Stick of Truth is out now.

OVERVIEW

From the perilous battlefields of the fourth-grade playground, a young hero will rise, destined to be South Park’s savior. From the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, comes an epic quest to become… cool. Introducing South Park™: The Stick of Truth™. 

For a thousand years, the battle has been waged. The sole reason humans and elves are locked in a neverending war: The Stick of Truth. But the tides of war are soon to change as word of a new kid spreads throughout the land, his coming foretold by the stars. As the moving vans of prophecy drive away, your adventure begins.   

Arm yourself with weapons of legend to defeat crabpeople, underpants gnomes, hippies, and other forces of evil. Discover the lost Stick of Truth and earn your place at the side of Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny as their new friend. Succeed, and you shall be South Park’s savior, cementing your social status in South Park Elementary. Fail, and you will forever be known… as a loser.

Genre: RPG / Action

Supported Players: 1

Online Multiplayer: No

3D Compatible: No

Developer: Obsidian Entertainment / South Park Digital Studios

Publisher: Ubisoft

Out: 3.4.2014 (North America)

ERSB Game Rating: Mature (Blood and Gore / Drug Reference / Mature Humor / Nudity / Strong Language / Strong Sexual Content / Violence)

Digital Download Size: 3.7 GB

Platform: PS3

Suggested Manufacturer's Retail Price: $59.99 (Standard Edition) / $79.99 (Grand Wizard Collector's Edition)

Box Art:

SP_Cover

SP_websites

Official Sites: 

Social Media: 

Twitch.tv: List of Live Streaming Feeds

SP_Classes

There are four major classes to choose from within the game:

• Fighter
  • Mage
  • Thief
  • Jew

Kyle

SP_photos 

SP-01

Click the Spoiler Tag to See More Photos...

Spoiler

SP-02

SP-03

SP-04

SP-05

SP-06

SP-07

SP-08

SP-09

SP-10

SP-10

SP-11

SP-12

SP_videos

South Park: TSOT "Destiny" Trailer 

Note: There are several other game trailers available for South Park: TSOT, but I imagine I would get in trouble for posting them due to the explicit nature of them. I recommend looking them up on YouTube though. 

CE

• Full retail copy of South Park: TSOT.
  • 6" Grand Wizard Cartman Figurine.
  • Cartman's Hand-Drawn Map of South Park.
  • The Ultimate Fellowship Pack

southpark_limitedEdition

Buy South Park: The Stick of Truth from the PlayStation Store

cartman
Message 1 of 29 (1,496 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6102 posts

Re: [INFO] South Park: The Stick of Truth

Mar 9, 2014
This in one of the best games ive played in a while. Any south park fan needs this.

I got it to pass the time until mgs5 and ISS and so far its doing its job well.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 2 of 29 (1,469 Views)
MVP Support
5188 posts

Mar 9, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
This in one of the best games ive played in a while. Any south park fan needs this.

I got it to pass the time until mgs5 and ISS and so far its doing its job well.

Definitely agree with you. If someone is a South Park fan, they should play this game. 

Only downside for me is I can't play that much because my daughter always wants to watch me play games.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 3 of 29 (1,465 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1015 posts

Mar 9, 2014

Yerp, another game I really really want but my broke **bleep** can't get it right now.

I love JRPGs, but hate anime... Is that legal?
Message 4 of 29 (1,462 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11699 posts

Mar 9, 2014
It's awesome I even scored the wizards ed at the price for the reg ed
>

Message 5 of 29 (1,457 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Mar 10, 2014

Out of curiosity, which class did everyone go with?

Message 6 of 29 (1,415 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5188 posts

Mar 10, 2014

ck2875 wrote:

Thief. I'll try a Jew on my next playthrough

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 7 of 29 (1,413 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6102 posts

Mar 10, 2014

ck2875 wrote:

I went with fighter. im probably going to play thief on my second playthrough. or maybe jew. i dont like mages so i dont really use them ever.

photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 8 of 29 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Mar 10, 2014
I went with thief, gotta love that backstab.
Message 9 of 29 (1,400 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2014

I went with the Jew based purely on the list of Attacks / Abilities. The one perk of the game being fairly short is that it will make playing through the other classes less of a hassle.

Spoiler

Sling of David
0 points Sling of David Casts the first stone at any enemy. Deals more damage if done perfectly, but can lead to self-injury if done improperly.
1 point Smiting Stones Increased the damage of your sling.
2 points Attention Getter Causes enemies to stop using abilities and focus on you--enemies suffer **bleep** and Attack Down status effects.
5 points Killing Two Birds Your sling attacks now bounce to a random additional target.
10 points Divine Retribution With this upgrade, your Sling of David attacks gain inflict extra damage as your hit points decrease.
Jew-Jitsu
0 points Jew-Jitsu Utilizes a secret Jewish martial art to pummel your target with a stunning strike.
1 point Krav Magawesome Increases the damage dealt by your Jew-Jitsu attacks.
2 points Eye for an Eye On a perfect success, your stunning punch now deals bonus damage based on your missing HP.
5 points Shielf of the Righteous After a successful attack, you are now protected by a divine shield that completely stops the next hit.
10 points Mitzvah of Speed On a perfect success, gain haste and take two actions on your following turn.
Circum-Scythe
0 points Circum-Scythe Slices off the armor and shields of your target while inflicting a bleeding damage to a sensitive area.
1 point The Mohel the Merrier Increases the damage of your Circum-Scythe attacks.
2 points A Closer Shave On a perfect success, Circum-Scythe now inflicts two stacks of Bleeding.
5 points Shear Agony Circum-Scythe now inflicts Defense Down.
10 points Terrify the Uncleansed Your Circum-Scythe attack now leaves all other enemies grossed out.
Whirling Doom
0 points Whirling Doom Sends your dreidel bouncing between random enemies, stripping away all beneficial status effects from all enemies hit.
1 point Hei Damage In case of emergency, your dreidel may be used as a rotation device, dealing more damage with each bounce!
2 points Spinagogue Studying ancient scrolls has improved your technique, causing your dreidel to bounce more times.
5 points Yum Kippurge On a perfect success, Whirling Doom now removes all negative status effects on the New Kid.
10 points Return of the Prophet The epic spin of your dreidel now summons a prophet of old, inflicting burning with its holy power.
Plagues of Egypt
0 points Plagues of Egypt Summon a mix of pestilence, fiery hail, frogs, and flying insects and deliver woe unto all your enemies.
1 point Smite the Unclean Sinners beware, your plagues now inflict more damage.
2 points Divine Fury Each time you visit pestilence or fiery hail upon your foes, you and your buddy gain Attack Up.
5 points Natures Wrath Each time you visit frogs or flying insects upon your foes, you and your buddy gain Ability Up.
10 points Lord of the Plague You may visit an additional plague upon the wicked during your turn.

Message 10 of 29 (1,393 Views)
0 Likes